Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Red(Ash) need help Heart Gold

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Lightbulb Fighting Red(Ash) need help Heart Gold

Does anyone know how to defeat Red? I recently got there and he tooked my pokemon and say bye bye to them in no time my highest pokemon is lugia lv 70. If anyone knows how to level up the pokemon faster please tell me! Thanks and im new in Heart Gold
    CoOkie MonsTer eatS Pac man

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 18 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Rare candies, or fight the elite four a bunch of times using exp share.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Exp.Share appears in this game? Really?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    :/ Wow if you made it to Red before discovering EXP Share then something is wrong. And do not listen to the guy who says use Rare Candies. Rare Candies may raise levels but it reduces all battle stat EVs to one. Let's review. If you level up a pokemon. Say it's atk stat raises by 2 per 3 levels. That's 6 EVs. If you feed it 3 Rare Candies for the same levels. It only get 3. Do you want that?

I recommend pushing your pokemon between lv 70 and 75 with pokemon that are Hail/Ice Resistant. Your biggest trouble will come from....more than likely.....Charizard since it know Flare Blitz and Air Slash. It normally lies outside of the supereffective radar so make sure you have a non-rock type with a Rock type move. Another annoyance maybe Blastoise whom knows moves of all all different types but they are all special move so bring someone who is a magic shield powerhouse.

If your guys are super underleveled.....I suppose the best thing to do is use a Pokemon with Trick Room and use your Choice Scarf. That and invest in X Speed, X Defend, and X Spec. Def.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wow thanks and where i get exp.share?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Um I think you have a Red Dragon Scale rather you decided to capture Shiny Gyrados or not? Go to Mr. Pokemon who is located in a house on the route above Cherrygrove I believe. Once there I think he'll trade you for the EXP Share.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    whoa thanks right now i got it

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    No problem. That guy's tough. So good luck

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'll have to train hard my strongest pokemon is lv.70 lugia i just caught him and going to catch zapdos so its gonna be a long way

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    lol with Lugia's high special resistence you could teach it some decent moves.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    yeah I know but I wont train him until ho-oh reaches his level

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wow you don't need to train them as precautions. Just train your main team. Even my team has flaws. I'm EX User so my team doesn't use common-supereffective moves. They're just all hard hitters and at lv 75 they should be.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I know but I like to have my pokemon on the same levels almost all of them XD

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 45 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    okay i have defeated red with mewtwo,lugia,ho-oh ,my starter ,pikachu and snorlax
    okay heres my pokemons moove sets
    mewtwo:thunder/thunderbolt,phychocut,spychic,aura sphere
    lugia:aeroblast,hydropump,surf,extrasensory
    ho-oh:thunder/thunderbolt,extrasensory,fly,sacredfire
    tylophion:eruption,flametrower,fireblast,blastburn or felaligart:hydro pump,surf,hydro cannon,thrash or meganium:sleeppowder,gigagrain,frenzyplant,synthes is
    pikachu:thunder,thunderbolt,volt tackle,iron tail
    snorlax:crunch,gigaimpact,surf and blizzard

all will work pikachu catch it at lv 4 (forest near blus gym )and train it with exp.share snorlax by digglets cave,lugia have it ho-oh bell tower talk to the chinese dancer then starters and mewtwo at cerulean city in the cave need flash and surf he will be at lv 70 becareful hes hard to catch hope this helps
    shiny squirtle :P

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    :/ Why are you feeding him exact mons to use.

Your stategy is a direct counter strategy for his pokemon. It doesn't mean it's the best....
    Okay just for the levity of the situation

I used. Espeon, Umbreon, Typhlosion, Lapras, Absol, and Lucario.
    Typhlosion headlined my group with Choice Scarf and allowing it to over come his Pikachu's Speed with Earthquake
    -- finished it off.
    Switched out to Lucario when it choice to use Lapras. A Close Combat was able to take it out before it could pull off a Psychic which Lapras knows in this battle.
    --finished it off
    Switched back Typlosion to counter his Charizard with a Choice Scarf Rock Silde. It survived but was finished off by the subsequent hail.
    For some reason he switched to Snorlax and I went back to Lucario. And another and a Close Combat and Aura Sphere took it out since all of it's move are generally ineffective against Lucario.
    ---finished it off
    He switched to Blastoise and I countered with Espeon's high special resistance and Trick Room and then switch to Umbreon's super resistances and just Shadow Ball'd Blastoise out lasting it in pure stamina. The hail finished it.
    And all he had left was his lone Venasaur...just a blast of Psychic from Espeon who is naturally faster.

In any case as long as he knows what he's up against he can figure it out
    Last edited by Monty; 01-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.