Thread: Pokemon Red and Blue Review

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Pokemon Red and Blue Review

I am starting to review different Pokemon games........ Enjoy.

Hello to all reading. Here is my Pokemon Red and Blue Review. Who could beat the classics? Pokemon Red and Blue is the reason I like Pokemon. I love 'em. You can never get old with them, they always entertain. 151 Pokemon to search for, and a grant journey of becoming a Pokemon Master. Do you remember Poke-Mania. It was awesome. For those of you who don't know or remember, this was a time when Pokemon was at full swing. Everyone knew what Pokemon was. It wasn't a secret. Everyone on the playground can be found with a Game Boy and a copy of Pokemon Red or Blue, trading and battling. This played a huge part in the popularity of the Pokemon franchise.

Graphics: The graphics of Pokemon Red and Blue are, again, classics. They are great. They have that great satisfaction that I love. Some of the Pokemon look disgusting, but this was fixed in Pokemon Yellow, which I will get to later. The environments look stunning for that portable NES. From the trees to the rippling water. You can't ever be satisfied. So for the categorie, I say a 9/10.

Sound: The sounds in Pokemon are so memorable. The Pokemon's cries make the game feel much more realistic. The music is great too! I love it. It's the most memorable music I have ever heard in a video game. But when you get to Lavender Town, LOWER THE VOLUME TO THE MINIMUM. It is so creepy. But not as creepy as Hypno, am I right? So This deserves a 10/10. I love it.

Controls: The controls are some of the best in a RPG. It's nice and simple. That's what I love about Pokemon. It's a game anyone can pick up and play. Battle Mechanics rock as well. Again its simple. Four moves, you can use healing medicine and various other items, catch Pokemon, switch out Pokemon, or run. So for this one I will give it 10/10.

Pokemon-ness: It has so much to offer. Its the first Pokemon game. How can you not like it? Its what got me into Pokemon, and I am sure it made others got into it too! Whether it Pokemon Red and Blue or Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, you will enjoy.

Champion Keldeo out.
    Join the Sword Art Online RP!!! Make your character today!!!
    ClickHERE

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I agree 100% with this review. Being a '90s kid, I saved up money for months to buy a GameBoy Color (newest system at the time) and bought the teal colored one with a copy of Pokemon Red. I was hooked and in love. I love breaking them out of my closet (along with the GBC) and resetting the game. It started the craze and left you wanting more. I bought the link cable and would go to friend's houses and trade with them (nobody even began to THINK about using wireless connection over the internet to trade. The only wireless on the GBC was infared). Nintendo, Pokemon, and Gamefreaks defiantly knew what they were doing, and hit the big one on this franchise!
    Follow Pokebay on Facebook & Twitter for up-to-date news, giveaways, and more!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu146 View Post
    I agree 100% with this review. Being a '90s kid, I saved up money for months to buy a GameBoy Color (newest system at the time) and bought the teal colored one with a copy of Pokemon Red. I was hooked and in love. I love breaking them out of my closet (along with the GBC) and resetting the game. It started the craze and left you wanting more. I bought the link cable and would go to friend's houses and trade with them (nobody even began to THINK about using wireless connection over the internet to trade. The only wireless on the GBC was infared). Nintendo, Pokemon, and Gamefreaks defiantly knew what they were doing, and hit the big one on this franchise!
    I completely agree. The connection cord was like 20 dollars. As much as a used game at gamestop
    Join the Sword Art Online RP!!! Make your character today!!!
    ClickHERE

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have tcg is any one willing to trade with me from these pokemon. swadlood yenmega 2venepide graveler luxio psyduck hollow seedling hollow helioptile aron sealeo hollow also only 1st gen cards I want but any rares or exs from later are ok. I will reply to u if its a trade.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    Can this be closed? thread hasn't been posted in since 2014 and this guy here is posting something completely different to whst the thread is actually about.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yes.
    Please check what thread you're replying to before posting to avoid confusion.