Thread: The Official PokeBay League Has Arrived!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

The Official PokeBay League Has Arrived!

It's back! And it has been a long time coming but finally we're here.

I know everyone involved has been really excited and it's like
    you've been waiting for Pokemon Bank all over again!

For those who don't know, the Official PokeBay League was formerly known as 'The Gym Leaders of PokeBay: New Rising', which back in the time of Generation 5 was one of the most active and one of the greatest Gym Leader groups.

Since Generation 5, the group has expanded a bit more than just Gym Leaders, we now have an Elite Four ready and waiting for your challenge on the path to becoming the First Official PokeBay League Champion.

But how do I become the Champion I hear you ask? Well that question is quite easy to answer. You must defeat any of the available Gym Leaders on the list below (Minimum to be allowed entry to face the Elite Four is 14 badges. If you wish to show you are truly skilled, try defeating 18 Gym Leaders before facing the Elite Four).

Now for the Rules of the League. (Please read all of them before asking questions. The answers may be below):

1. Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members and the Champion decide which format of battling (Single, Double, Triple or Rotation) they will conduct with you, unless stated otherwise.

2. NO HACKS. I can't stress this enough, because quite a few people have tried and subsequently failed to use hacked Pokemon in the League. If you are caught using hacked Pokemon (Action Replay, PokeGen etc) intentionally then you will be blacklisted from the League, because hacked Pokemon aren't fair on the legitimate players.

3. Handicap matches are not allowed. Let's keep the League balanced and fair.

4. Mega Evolutions are allowed to participate. Be aware that if you choose not to use a Mega Evolution, that doesn't mean your opponent won't use one.

5. Gym Leaders and the Elite Four are permitted to use ONE Pokemon outside of their chosen type, so long as that Pokemon knows a move of their chosen type. Eg: Ninetales is allowed on a Grass Gym Team if it knows a Grass move like SolarBeam.

6. No Legendaries. Legendaries have never to my knowledge been allowed to participate, and I'm not changing that. This means you CANNOT use the following Pokemon in the PokeBay League:

Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo + Mega Mewtwo X and Y
    Mew
    Raikou
    Suicune
    Entei
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Celebi
    Latios
    Latias
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Heatran
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Landorus
    Kyurem
    Keldeo
    Meloetta
    Genesect
    Xerneas
    Yveltal
    Zygarde

A list of the confirmed* Gym Leaders is available below:

Kakari - Bug
    Etta Larceny - Dark
    DJGeorgie - Dragon
    TheManyFacesOfGlalie - Fairy
    ShadowKnight - Fire
    Candy the Fleevee - Fighting
    KingManectric - Flying
    Neko the Inevitable - Ground
    Princess Zelda - Ice
    Mr. SandMan - Rock
    Bad News Barrett - Steel

*These Gym Leaders are the ones who have indicated they are participating in the League.

There are more Gym Leader positions that haven't been filled please see below:

Electric - Currently reserved
    Grass - Open
    Ghost - Open
    Normal - Open
    Poison - Open
    Psychic - Open
    Water - Open

Here also is the list of Elite Four Members and the Champion:

Elite Four Member 1: timpanimaster - Rock
    Elite Four Member 2: QueenDusknoir - Ghost
    Elite Four Member 3: Alfier - Fairy
    Elite Four Member 4: TheWelshKing - Dragon

AND

The Official PokeBay League Champion: (Vacant**)

**The only way to become Champion is by defeating the minimum amount of required Gyms and by defeating the Elite Four.

If you have a question about the League feel free to ask me either on this thread, via Private Message, via Visitor Message or if I'm in the ChatBox.

Please be aware that I won't answer questions for which this thread already has the answers to.

Thank you for reading and good luck!

TheWelshKing
    The Official PokeBay League Owner and Dragon type Elite Four member.
    Last edited by The Kiwi Dragon; 02-19-2014 at 09:19 PM.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Can I become the Grass or Ghost gym leader?
    Always depend on yourself........and noibat!!!!!! LOL

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 154 | Offers: 903 | Wishlist Items: 37 | Wishlist Offers: 101 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Can I Get Water or psychic please ?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm interested in being the Ghost Type Gym Leader!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yeah I decided to be grass so can I be grass please also its giod because cheddr can be ghost
    Always depend on yourself........and noibat!!!!!! LOL

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 46 | Offers: 147 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 15 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    if it opens up, i would like normal type gym please

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Could I maybe have poison type please? If it's not taken already.
    Pokemon X Friend Code:1435-4985-8875 (Krabby-Floatzel-Frogdier)
    Pm me your code if you add me!

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    More people should totally challenge this. Not only is it great practice, but it's a testament to how much you progress in battling. Also, this might need to be updated a bit

Hopefully some of you will make it to the E4.

See you at the top, peeps!
    Poison Type Veteran

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would like to be water, but i dont really have a team now (Working on it ofc). So can i reserve the spot, if nobody else wants it?

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 223 | Offers: 70 | Wishlist Items: 21 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Has this list been updated in awhile?
    "Mata kondo da"