Thread: Banned Pokemon

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 19 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Question Banned Pokemon

Kinda curious, what's your thoughts on banned pokemon?
    Like Darkrai, Sand Stream Garchomp, and Mega Kangashkan?
    Do you like the fact that guys like these are banned or do you think they should be okay to use overall? owo

Banner Requests: OPEN Shiny Requests: CLOSED Battles:CLOSED

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I like them, i wish the game emphasized them in battles more, like making specific battles for legends. their definitely fun

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 19 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    owo Personally I think Darkrai's only fun if YOU'RE the one using him. xD He totally wrecks everyone in multibattles.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    i agree... with darkrai you can chain his dark void with a quick claw and the the other would be an attacker so its pretty useless to even try mega evolves as long as youve got a pokemon that has outrageous attack and speed stats and can use different typed attacks! i once was beaten by a trainer who had a darkrai... the results were defeat, i only landed one hit with my mega gengar in the fight... i recorded that battle to check out my pokemons strength everytime i try that in the vs recorder...

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 27 | Offers: 41 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I disagree, two days ago we were Multi Battling and the person on the other team used darkrai. I put a chesto berry on my garchomp and my friend put out his magic bounce espeon. First turn darkrai uses dark void, garchomp eats the berry and wakes up, espeon bounces the dark void back and puts them both to sleep and we swept the team. Theres no reason for any pokemon to be banned imo, anything can be countered.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Like Kyurem said, anything can be countered as long as you have the means to counter it.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 19 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyurem-B View Post
    I disagree, two days ago we were Multi Battling and the person on the other team used darkrai. I put a chesto berry on my garchomp and my friend put out his magic bounce espeon. First turn darkrai uses dark void, garchomp eats the berry and wakes up, espeon bounces the dark void back and puts them both to sleep and we swept the team. Theres no reason for any pokemon to be banned imo, anything can be countered.
    Being prepared though. ^^

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I play VGC14 and the whole part of it is being prepared to take on anything the opponent can throw at you. I've got a Pokemon to cover each other Pokemon's weaknesses so I'm very well covered. But one thing that sprang to mind was what if I come across a Mega Gengar when I lead off with Mega Kangaskhan? So I covered myself with Kangaskhan having Scrappy to put a Fake Out and one or two Power-Up Punches through it before Mega Evolving and heading into a 2x boosted Sucker Punch to finish off. So while I know this has nothing to do with Banned Pokemon in a way, it's just my way of showing you how you can build a team that can cope with any trick or trap thrown at you that's in the metagame.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 19 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Oh, I've never really been in any tournaments or anything like that. Normally when I battle I happen to be breeding and have to use whatever is in my battle box at the time. ^^ That basically means no item changes or team changes, I just go with whatever... And isn't mega kangashhan banned in events like that? Since it can do the whole "moving twice" thing? I thought I heard about it being banned in the VGCs and stuff because of that... I've never used it myself, so I honestly wouldn't know, but I usually just battle with some of my favorite pokemon. Mostly leading off with my defensive focus sashed lopunny and getting off a few power-up punches, then going into my mega tyranitar.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    i do agree with what kyurem has to say because i got a darkrai and it was defeated before once... so that means a lot of players have counters in their team

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 27 | Offers: 41 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Always come prepared Having the option to avoid sleep powder/dark void/yawn etc.. is always useful. Clefable can destroy anyone that wants to double team/minimize, and sand stream garchomp wants nothing to do with an ice beam at 4x weakness.
    Edit: Oh and as for the mighty Mega Kangaskhan put ferrothorn with rocky helmet/iorn barbs out and watch Kangaskgan kill itself, or use Mega Lucario with close combat.
    Last edited by Kyurem-B; 06-16-2014 at 03:52 PM.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 2
    i'm a 2x ex gym leader and an ex elite four so i know how to handle myself i will take on the tournament in three weeks

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 79 | Offers: 48 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't think anything should be banned, it defeats the purpose of the game. if you have a Pokemon you like and want to use in your team, go for it I say.

I've got Dialga and Palkia in my team, not because they're legendary, because they're 2 of my favourite Pokemon