Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokebay Event: Breeding for shinies!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Pokebay Event: Breeding for shinies!

so i was thinking about how long it usually takes for one person to hatch a shiny. to be more specific the odds are 1/8192. in case you did not know, that's a very low chance! that's why it takes so long to hatch a shiny. During a conversation with my friends i realized that those were the odds for one person breeding so i came up with an idea. it goes as follows:
    1) multiple people breed for a specific shiny needed/wanted by someone.
    2) everyone will have one day to accomplish this.
    3) the pokemon must be hatched the day it was chosen/asked for.
    4)whoever hatches the shiny gets to pick which should be the next pokemon to be bred for.

*keep in mind this is only to benefit the community so don't get greedy!*
    in other words, just because who hatched a cool pokemon doesn't mean you should keep it, it belongs to who asked for it! but realize if you win you can ask for any pokemon you want!

I believe this will increase the odds by a lot more considering multiple people will be working for one common goal, which also brings us together as a community! so please i would like comments as to if this would work and if anyone wants to give this a try! maybe you can be asking for that shiny you always wanted!

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    this idea is fantastic! It just requires a lot of dedication, sincerity, and also opens to door to hackers and liars who will just make the pokemon and claim it's real, sadly... but, that comes with the territory, honestly. i think if enough ppl are willing to do this, this is a very original and well though out, kind and considerate idea that should go into play.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ^ Completely agree with Gary. It'll take a lot of time, and you've gotta be aware of hackers.
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would be all for this, I don't need anything at the moment but I would be glad to help anyone in need, just pm me whenever you get enough people or would like to start my JPN ditto will be waiting , ( well the ditto part sounded really creepy anyways) but yeah sounds great

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well that's a good idea. When do we start?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    We need atleast 5 people on board with this in order to do it

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 19 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    That sounds like a great idea! If we ever do start this, I'd love to join this.

Banner Requests: OPEN Shiny Requests: CLOSED Battles:CLOSED

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I will PM everyone and ask if they are in or not and will post a time in which we can do this

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would also like to join. It sounds like a great idea!

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I want to join too!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 50 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'd be cool with this. I like the idea, plus I breed a lot of competitive pokes anyway, so it will increase my breeding bank as well lol

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I guess we are set with people ^~^

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    wow... this actually managed to pull off! good job guys!

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    id actually join in if im lucky enough to hatch shinies

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would also like to join, this idea sounds amazing!
    A day making you happy is a day making you wise