Thread: Pokebay Event: Breeding for shinies!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Pokebay Event: Breeding for shinies!

So i was thinking about how long it usually takes for one person to hatch a shiny. to be more specific the odds are 1/8192. in case you did not know, that's a very low chance! that's why it takes so long to hatch a shiny. During a conversation with my friends i realized that those were the odds for one person breeding so i came up with an idea. it goes as follows:
    1) multiple people breed for a specific shiny needed/wanted by someone.
    2) everyone will have one day to accomplish this.
    3) the pokemon must be hatched the day it was chosen/asked for.
    4)whoever hatches the shiny gets to pick which should be the next pokemon to be bred for.

*keep in mind this is only to benefit the community so don't get greedy!*
    in other words, just because who hatched a cool pokemon doesn't mean you should keep it, it belongs to who asked for it! but realize if you win you can ask for any pokemon you want!

I believe this will increase the odds by a lot more considering multiple people will be working for one common goal, which also brings us together as a community! so please i would like comments as to if this would work and if anyone wants to give this a try! maybe you can be asking for that shiny you always wanted!

UPDATE

-THIS EVENT PLACE ON FRIDAY, JUNE 20TH 12:00 A.M EASTERN TIME

-THE FIRST ROUND WILL END TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AFTER IT BEGINS

-WHOEVER HATCHES THE POKEMON FIRST WILL THE GET TO CHOOSE WHICH POKEMON WILL BE BRED FOR

-THE FIRST POKEMON TO BE BRED WILL BE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: PICHU, ZUBAT, IGGLYBUFF, PACHIRISU, OR ABRA

-IF BY ANY CHANCE SOME ONE HATCHES A SHINY AFTER THE ROUND IS OVER IT CAN BE KEPT

-IT CANNOT BE HACKED, AND IT HAS TO BE BORN WITH THE DATE OF JUNE 20TH, OR JUNE 21ST.

********************** ******** BE FAIR WITH EVERYONE**************************************

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 19 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Bump
    I think we should make this a group, it'd be kinda easier that way.

Banner Requests: OPEN Shiny Requests: CLOSED Battles:CLOSED

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    yeah i agree, so that no one would just but in and destroy the whole trade thing

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 50 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ^^I like that idea, but I'm curious, what happens if no one gets a shiny on the date?

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by 0pinion View Post
    ^^I like that idea, but I'm curious, what happens if no one gets a shiny on the date?
    If you have a shiny charm and breed with a foreign Ditto (Masuda Method) your chances will be mulitplied by 3*6 = 18/8192. Rounded down to 1/455. I've bred quite a few shinies myself and can confirm these odds.

I'm fairly sure that if a few people participate you'll get a shiny quickly.
    And if no one gets one, well.. Add another day? x)
    FC: 3582-9719-5508

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    its just hard to find someone help you with the shiny charm ya know

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 50 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't have a shiny charm :/ I haven't even hatched a shiny yet XD but I breed a lot of pokemon, so hopefully I get lucky soon lol I'm still up for trying though, I feel like I must be getting lucky soon enough lol

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I do have to Shiny Charm, though I don't know if it's just me being lucky or if it's the Shiny Charm. Some people says the Shiny Charm don't work for breeding because it help "encountering" Shiny Pokémon, but I believe it helps even if no one confirmed it for real.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 19 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have the shiny charm. I really do think it works, because all the hunts I've done have ended on a note of 200 eggs or less. uwu Out of six people, someone's bound to find a shiny xD If no one does, then we'll just have to extend it another day, I suppose.

Banner Requests: OPEN Shiny Requests: CLOSED Battles:CLOSED

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by 0pinion View Post
    I don't have a shiny charm :/ I haven't even hatched a shiny yet XD but I breed a lot of pokemon, so hopefully I get lucky soon lol I'm still up for trying though, I feel like I must be getting lucky soon enough lol
    Do you breed with a foreign parent? Because that increase your chances of hatching a shiny by *6.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_11 View Post
    I do have to Shiny Charm, though I don't know if it's just me being lucky or if it's the Shiny Charm. Some people says the Shiny Charm don't work for breeding because it help "encountering" Shiny Pokémon, but I believe it helps even if no one confirmed it for real.
    Shiny charm works for everything. Encountering, recieving, hatching you name it. (except for pokemon that cannot be shiny, obviously)
    FC: 3582-9719-5508

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 50 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yeah, I use a foreign parent and everything, I just haven't been lucky lol XD