Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2014 Pokebay Tournament

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

The Official 2014 Pokebay Tournament

NOTE: WE HAVE ALL 16 ENTRIES WE NEED. Thank you to everyone who entered.

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to announce the Pokebay Tournament! If you think you have what it takes to be the best, then come prove yourself in this battling competition! It will take place the week of July 21st, so if you are free then and want a shot at winning, comment your entry below and your FC and IGN! The first 16 entries get into the tournament!

Format:
    This tournament will follow a bracket format, beginning with a knockout round (Single battles). Each winner in the knockout round progresses to the quarterfinals (doubles). Each winner there moves on to the semi finals (triples), and the two winners there make to the finals to compete for first place (rotation)! The two losers of the semifinals will face off for third place (rotation).

All you have to do is win 4 battles in a row!

Rules:
    You may not use two or more Pokemon of the same national Pokedex number.
    You may not use two or more of the same item.
    If you are not present in the tournament for 48 hours or more, you will be disqualified as the tournament needs to progress through the rounds rapidly.
    The use of hacked pokemon is strictly forbidden. If you are caught using Pokemon created from a device from outside the game or modified outside of the game in anyway, you will be disqualified.
    The following Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion and other unreleased pokemon. This is the official Nintendo VGC and rating battle banlist, so I am abiding by it for the tournament.
    Remember to use good sportsmanship, as this is just for fun Any participant who displays rude behavior or unsportsmanlike conduct will be disqualified.
    Participants must have a 3DS or 2DS of some kind, a Pokebay account, and a copy of Pokemon X or Y to enter.
    Abilities must be the correct ability for the Pokemon.
    Moves may only be learned through an event, leveling up, breeding, TM or HM, Smeargles sketch, or from a move tutor.
    Pokemon from previous games brought from PokeTransporter ARE allowed
    YOU MUST USE THE SAME TEAM THROUGHOUT THE TOURNAMENT. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SWITCH POKEMON AND ITEMS BETWEEN ROUNDS.

Battles:
    Battles will be done by exchanging friend codes and challenging each other to battle on the PSS. The battle must be the format of that round, and a team of 6 pokemon that meet the requirements above must be used. All pokemon must be set to level 50 before the battle. Battles will be between the two people per battle scheduled to face each other that round, and you may pick a time in the 48 hour round period to battle. The winner of each battle can post on here or PM me the winner so I can enter it in the bracket.
    I will randomly generate the bracket once all 16 entries are in.

Prizes:

1st Place- 6IV Timid SHINY Ditto (donated by Velocity)+ SHINY Jolteon and SHINY Battle Ready Espeon (donated by Velocity)+SHINY 6IV Tepig with superpower (donated by Yukichan) + SHINY Vaporeon (donated by Yukichan)+SHINY Nicknameable Bergmite (donated by Asuna Yūuki)+ SHINY Groudon*+6IV Eevee with wish and curse (donated by Elemental Chaos) + 5IV Charmander with Outrage and Dragon Dance*+ 5IV Event Pikachu w Pokerus*+5IV Shuppet with Destiny Bond**+5IV Protean Froakie**+5IV HA Heracross with Rock Blast**+5IV Squirtle with Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere**+5IV HA gible with outrage**+5IV Prankster Sableye**

2nd Place- 6IV Jolly Trapinch (donated by Snowy the Sky Wolf)+5IV HA Bulbasaur with Giga Drain (donated by Fabulous Charlie)+5IV Rotom*+5IV Horsea with outrage*+5IV Honedge**+5IV Klefki**

3rd Place- 5IV Zorua with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse (donated by Fabulous Charlie)+5IV Male Snorunt*+5IV Female Espurr*+5IV Male Frillish**

*=donated by Kakari
    **=donated by Rise

Each participant will also receive a shiny pokemon donated by snorlax452. No matter your place, you get a shiny for entering! The shiny will be similar to your name (Example: Grant-ghastly)

Thank you very much to all who donated! Without your support, this tournament would not be possible! ^^

Remember, to enter, comment your Friend Code and In-Game Name below. Only enter if you will be free the week of July 21st. Good luck and have fun

Current Entries:
    1. Pokemon Master Nick
    2. Sagator
    3. Leader Giovanni
    4. MrSandMan
    5. Kyrl
    6. Tempest
    7. Raccoonitez
    8. Asuna Yūuki
    9. Kakari
    10. Ghostfreak
    11. Snowy the Sky Wolf
    12. CANDO
    13. Witchard
    14. SAKK
    15. Georgia
    16. Elemental Chaos

Here is the randomly generated starting bracket! You will be facing the person you are directly grouped with in the first round that starts July 21. http://challonge.com/pokebaytournament

We have all 16 entries we need! Thanks to our participants! ^^
    Last edited by Velocity; 12-14-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    3110-5106-6385 Prof. Nick

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 35 | Offers: 32 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Probably be kicked out first round but sounds like a fun experience. My fc is 5300 9752 9090. Ign is drew. Here goes nothing.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Leader Giovanni has decided to enter. His FC is 2492-5438-2730 and username is Bigdaddy
    Last edited by Velocity; 07-21-2014 at 04:47 AM.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    i'll join FC: 4098-2452-4940 Name: Sand
    Last edited by DigiTheTraitor; 07-12-2014 at 04:29 AM.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 154 | Offers: 903 | Wishlist Items: 37 | Wishlist Offers: 101 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Fc -3110-5572-1276 & Ign Kyre

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    So here I am, the absolute greatest trainer in the land, or naw... Anyways for those of you privileged enough to have the honor of sparing with me, okay im done.. FC that I will be using: 0962 9318 7047 IGN: David, good luck to all the combatants and for reference sake, I better get to it on my team :P thanks
    Last edited by Lord Of Storms; 07-12-2014 at 05:58 AM.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 47 | Offers: 43 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Ign is Tyler
    Fc 2681-0441-0914

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    I'll join this. FC: 2879-0386-2618 IGN: Tammie

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 162 | Offers: 138 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 35 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    count me in
    heres my code: 4639 9426 7446 IGN:kiki
    witness the awesome power of furfrou
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showth...8336#post58336 breeding services

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Sounds like fun. FC: 2165 5795 5724 IGN: Marvin

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    I guess I'll enter...
    FC: 1864-8412-3360
    IGN: Foxy
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 26 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i would love to participate

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm definitley up for it IG: Brock FC: 3239-4591-9103

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    #Joining
    FC: 1993-8014-4347
    Ign: Kiros
    #StayFabulous

"Just because you come from a scary family doesn't mean you have to be scary too."
    Muriel, Courage The Cowardly Dog