Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia (SCH) [DAY 4]

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagator View Post
    I've been mulling things over and I've decided to risk saying some things that may be used against me but I believe to be true. But we need to get answers fast cause the day is almost ending.

My suspicions are still on Gary... why?

First he brought up the "what would TR do question" it might have been a way to get things started but it kinda stalled us from getting useful answers. Something TR would do?

And I still stand behind my saying that his calling TR "slimy sniveling cowardly" is just a way to draw attention away from himself. To give an example a guy who is scared of being thought to be gay sometimes calls other gay people names.. just to put on a

Sure TR would like to lay low... that would be the obvious thing to do. So why not do the not so obvious by being active. And this is where I fear what I've said would be used against me cause I've also been quite active.

All I've said seems farfetch'd (geddit?) and Gary might be a good guy just trying hard to catch the bad guys But that's what my intuition tells me and I hope to the high heavens I'm not wrong.

While the mafia are likely those among us being active, I don't see that as sufficient reasoning to vote him off quite yet. I believe what he said was that a "Slimy, Sniveling, Cowardly" member would vote off another member of TR just to cover himself. You are misquoting him by lopping off the last half of that sentence.
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    saying this may be used against me at some point however i will admit i to have my suspicions of Gary . . . well everyone wanted to try to get to know everyone a bit better he was the first to make a direct call to action and want to jump right in to some dark waters with no idea what to expect from anyone. that seems like a really bold move to me especially when it is fallowed up with a question like "If you were a member of TR, in this situation right now, what would your first course of action be right now?" no matter how you answer a question like that it will raise a red flag for those who answered it (this is most likely why so many just avoided it not wanting to look guilty whether they are or not) after all it's rockets job to turn us against each other. there is definitely not enough evidence to take definite action against him but i can't help but be nerves about his behavior and question his intentions

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm sorry I've been inactive until now. (I was out with a friend all day)

You say Gary seems suspicious because he's been very direct, however, in the last game we played we voted off someone who was also very direct and we ended up paying for it by losing the entire game. Just because someone seems direct doesn't necessarily mean they're guilty. In all honesty, I don't seen any point in these types of questions just because it's a lying game, yet on the other hand I suppose it might be a good method of collecting data about how people write, communicate etc.

If I were a TR member I'd try to be subtle but influential. I'd try to be persuasive in my comments but I wouldn't want to draw too much attention to myself, so as to avoid people accusing me of pushing my own agenda. As for how I feel about TR, I'm suspicious of everyone and I'm really hoping I last the night.
    The souls did from their bodies fly, - They fled to bliss or woe!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    [QUOTE=Sierra;62239]Honestly, Raven would be my first vote for today. "I just wanna get someone killed" Is a rather dangerous mindset to be dealing with.

I considered that... I don't think anyone would say something like that and be so obvious about their evil affiliation so I think it was a statement spoken out of boredome and perhaps a little childishness as opposed to being so... Open willingly. But I guess a vote is a telling sign as well, as far as motivation and reasons and whatnot

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sagator View Post
    I've been mulling things over and I've decided to risk saying some things that may be used against me but I believe to be true. But we need to get answers fast cause the day is almost ending.

My suspicions are still on Gary... why?

First he brought up the "what would TR do question" it might have been a way to get things started but it kinda stalled us from getting useful answers. Something TR would do?

And I still stand behind my saying that his calling TR "slimy sniveling cowardly" is just a way to draw attention away from himself. To give an example a guy who is scared of being thought to be gay sometimes calls other gay people names.. just to put on a

Sure TR would like to lay low... that would be the obvious thing to do. So why not do the not so obvious by being active. And this is where I fear what I've said would be used against me cause I've also been quite active.

All I've said seems farfetch'd (geddit?) and Gary might be a good guy just trying hard to catch the bad guys But that's what my intuition tells me and I hope to the high heavens I'm not wrong.
    I'm not worried about being suspected, for te record. I'm well aware my words have gotten me curious eyes, and I am willing to take a fall to get some answers. Bottom line is, before I spoke up, we weren't getting anywhere. At the very least, now we have some kind of direction to go in. Even if it's the wrong one. Sanding around smiling at each other surely wasn't helping. Let's be honest. And for the record, TR IS a bunch of cowards, so I said so.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
    saying this may be used against me at some point however i will admit i to have my suspicions of Gary . . . well everyone wanted to try to get to know everyone a bit better he was the first to make a direct call to action and want to jump right in to some dark waters with no idea what to expect from anyone. that seems like a really bold move to me especially when it is fallowed up with a question like "If you were a member of TR, in this situation right now, what would your first course of action be right now?" no matter how you answer a question like that it will raise a red flag for those who answered it (this is most likely why so many just avoided it not wanting to look guilty whether they are or not) after all it's rockets job to turn us against each other. there is definitely not enough evidence to take definite action against him but i can't help but be nerves about his behavior and question his intentions
    Here's a confession. With a 48 hour time limit before we have to vote, as the fist day sliding by us like air, I got a little nervous we'd be voting with zero evidence. So, I decided to take the initiative and start provoking a little thought into people and get some discussion going. I don't think anyone can disagree that it worked out pretty well, though it may mean a few eyes are now on me. u.u I also strongly disagree that by answering that question, a red flag is pointed at you. I said that I asked it to get answers, so I'd say those who STILL haven't answered are all the more suspicious and even nervous.

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    The reason behind Ravens comment is that she's new to this and probably didn't research how to play the game well u.u However she is still a suspect for me as most of us are relatively new to this and have took a better approach to this.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    yell day 1 is almost to a close, we might want to start thinking about our votes soon, we have no choice but to vote and this first one is clearly going to be a hard choice

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Is nobody going to vote? I don't really fancy being the first.. :/

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't know who to vote for yet...

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 35 | Offers: 32 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Is it night already?
    REALITY IS A LOVELY PLACE BUT I WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE THERE.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    i don't like drawing first blood it never looks good but someone has to i guess
    ##Vote: GaryEhffinOke

i got to vote one way or another and he is the only one to make me suspicious so far sorry man nothing personal

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ##Vote: Sierra

She just seems to be saying things taht make me suspicious. What she would do if she were a Rocket. Her claims of being truthful and not a liar. There's nothing she's said that I wouldn't expect a member if the deceiving TR to state. That, and the fact there are little others to choose from. Sierra, I guess you might say, seems too good to be true. u.u there are others I suspect, too, but not conclusively enough by comparison. u.u

Pikachu Belle Guest
    I had my suspicions over Raven but.. She doesn't understand. Sierra.. Now she does strike as suspicious to me. I would list my reasons but they would match those above. There would be no good in repeating what others have said.

##Vote: Sierra

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm not really convinced by anyone's argument for lynching yet...

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ##Vote: Gary

I don't feel very convinced by his argument against Sierra.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    As the sun begins to set over the metropolis of Saffron City, tensions run high between the trainers. Who do you suspect? Who can be trusted?

As a reminder, you are obliged to vote once per "DAY". The only exceptions to this is if you have been "paralysed" by Electabuzz or if you have a genuine real life reason, in which case should be reported to me via pm. I know there are a lot of first timers in this game so I will be lenient. However, in general, a first offece will warrant a warning and a second offence without any great justification will result in you being mod killed.

Just over 11 hours remaining to vote...
    Poison Type Veteran