Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia (SCH) [DAY 4]

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    ##Vote: Gary

I don't feel very convinced by his argument against Sierra.
    In my defense, I must say, not being convinced by my argument isn't necessarily grounds to vote me off... In fact it comes off rather irrational and fairly suspicious, imo. Whereas if my reasons to vote off Sierra were mysterious or strange, that might be a different story.
    Last edited by GaryEhffinJoaker; 07-24-2014 at 01:28 AM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hmm.. ##vote: Gary

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Fine, you can vote for me, but it won't get you anywhere. Voting for me because I seem "too good to be true?" I'm just being myself here. Ask Josh or Charlie, they'll both testify to the fact that I'm no deceiver. I haven't said anything "suspicious" Gary is just wary of me because I'm apparently too honest I trust Gary for now, so I won't be sending the vote back to him. I'm going to ##vote: Haymac unless he can give a reason behind his vote.
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuna Yūuki View Post
    I had my suspicions over Raven but.. She doesn't understand. Sierra.. Now she does strike as suspicious to me. I would list my reasons but they would match those above. There would be no good in repeating what others have said.

##Vote: Sierra
    The thing about this game is that you need to post your reasoning. Even if it mirrors someone else's suspicions. You've got to convince people to vote for who want gone, and simply saying that you agree with another statement, won't get that.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    The thing about this game is that you need to post your reasoning. Even if it mirrors someone else's suspicions. You've got to convince people to vote for who want gone, and simply saying that you agree with another statement, won't get that.
    I must agree. I found it very unsettling there wasn't even a reason given to vote me off :/

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ##Vote: GaryEhffinOak

I'd be much more wary of those who are NOT agressively pursuing answers.
    A question I had to ask myself was: Is Gary agressively pursuing answers because he's actually trying to find TR or is he pursuing them because he's trying to cover the fact he is TR?

Sierra also answers his question where he then stated:

There's still plenty of others who have failed to respond. *stares accusingly at individuals* >.>
    Others who didn't respond to his question he "stares accusingly at" but then goes and votes for someone who gave a detailed answer to his question because it was "too good to be true". Seems odd to me. Sierra's answer doesn't scream TR to me so why vote for someone who answered and (so far) seems like a regular trainer over someone who didn't answer.

We have to vote for someone and time is running out so I'm taking a chance.

Note: Since I started writing this there's been a few more posts which have raised some valid questions so I'm not ruling out changing my vote before the end of the day.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Fine, you can vote for me, but it won't get you anywhere. Voting for me because I seem "too good to be true?" I'm just being myself here. Ask Josh or Charlie, they'll both testify to the fact that I'm no deceiver. I haven't said anything "suspicious" Gary is just wary of me because I'm apparently too honest I trust Gary for now, so I won't be sending the vote back to him. I'm going to ##vote: Haymac unless he can give a reason behind his vote.
    No. Not because you're too honest. I just feel that if you are a TR member, it won't be easy to tell. I'm sure you'd be able to keep up the facade if you were one. You've been pretty active and spoken on your disdain for the gang, but I feel strange about you saying things like you're honest and whatnot. If you're TR, you wouldn't tell us. What'd be the point in joining if you were only going to give yourself away? It just stands out to me too much. But I see people are suspicious of my determination for answers... Blame me for getting the decision jumping before the time limit arrived, then u.u
    Last edited by GaryEhffinJoaker; 07-24-2014 at 02:32 AM.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryEhffinOak View Post
    No. Not because you're too honest. I just feel that if you are a TR member, it won't be easy to tell. I'm sure you'd be able to keep up the facade if you were one. You've been pretty active and spoken on your disdain for the gang, but I feel strange about you saying things like you're honest and whatnot. If you're TR, you wouldn't tell us. What'd be the point in joining if you were only going to give yourself away? It just stands out to me too much.
    Yes, but, if I were a member of TR wouldn't I fight more my innocence more? I can't do anything about you suspecting me. I've no way to prove my innocence to you. And while I did say that I'm a generally honest person and isn't good at deceiving, I didn't make it obvious. Also, I don't recall stating any disdain for TR members. They're fighting to win as we are, so I'm not gonna throw names and insults at them u.u

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yes, but, if I were a member of TR wouldn't I fight more my innocence more? I can't do anything about you suspecting me. I've no way to prove my innocence to you. And while I did say that I'm a generally honest person and isn't good at deceiving, I didn't make it obvious. Also, I don't recall stating any disdain for TR members. They're fighting to win as we are, so I'm not gonna throw names and insults at them u.u
    You MIGHT fight for your innocence. You might not. Either decision could be viewed as a TR option tbh. You had said TR was a threat. I guess that doesn't mean you disdain them. But I had assumed you had said something like that. I guess that was an error on my part to assume u.u Yeah, they're fighting to win, but I know of there work, and will proudly tear their name down knowing who they are and what they stand for. Both the Trainers, and TR, are fighting to win. I'd assume a Trainer would gladly insult TR. But you've admitted you're not willing to do that... Guess I'm the only one who finds that suspicious.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    as i said before gary, you where the first to bring a call to action, you asked a question that would yeald such a variety of answers that no matter how some one played they would most likely match one of the profiles given. as i stated when i voted it was nothing personal but to me thus far you where the only one that raised suspicion to me. i had to vote for someone and i figured i would have to vote for the one who raised the most worry to me

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandMan View Post
    as i said before gary, you where the first to bring a call to action, you asked a question that would yeald such a variety of answers that no matter how some one played they would most likely match one of the profiles given. as i stated when i voted it was nothing personal but to me thus far you where the only one that raised suspicion to me. i had to vote for someone and i figured i would have to vote for the one who raised the most worry to me
    That's fine by me u.u

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You MIGHT fight for your innocence. You might not. Either decision could be viewed as a TR option tbh. You had said TR was a threat. I guess that doesn't mean you disdain them. But I had assumed you had said something like that. I guess that was an error on my part to assume u.u Yeah, they're fighting to win, but I know of there work, and will proudly tear their name down knowing who they are and what they stand for. Both the Trainers, and TR, are fighting to win. I'd assume a Trainer would gladly insult TR. But you've admitted you're not willing to do that... Guess I'm the only one who finds that suspicious.
    The way you're saying makes it seem like I refuse to insult them. It's not that I refuse, it's just that it won't get us anywhere. Saying "Down with TR, those scumbags!" Won't make me seem any more townie than simply abstaining from the mudslinging. And yes, they are a threat and I want them gone. Don't take my comment of them fighting to win as sympathy for them. And yes, a trainer probably would. But I don't gladly insult people. That's just a personal belief of mine, along with honesty. Giving people the benefit of the doubt is another, which is why I haven't accused you yet. You seem to be fighting awfully hard to lynch me. Who were the other suspects you spoke of?

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The way you're saying makes it seem like I refuse to insult them. It's not that I refuse, it's just that it won't get us anywhere. Saying "Down with TR, those scumbags!" Won't make me seem any more townie than simply abstaining from the mudslinging. And yes, they are a threat and I want them gone. Don't take my comment of them fighting to win as sympathy for them. And yes, a trainer probably would. But I don't gladly insult people. That's just a personal belief of mine, along with honesty. Giving people the benefit of the doubt is another, which is why I haven't accused you yet. You seem to be fighting awfully hard to lynch me. Who were the other suspects you spoke of?
    I suspect everyone because it'd be stupid not to. But I have my own small special number of people I either believe are TR, or have a good possibility but with little backup evidence, in my head. I don't see the good in pointing fingers so openly. That can only lead to even more fingers jabbing at me, like I don't have enough already :/ surely if I admit I think a member is TR, and they actually are, I'm gonna go bye bye. Which, if I may add, makes it even more strange that you what me to start pointing out ppl now... But again, I guess I'm the only one noticing things...

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I suspect everyone because it'd be stupid not to. But I have my own small special number of people I either believe are TR, or have a good possibility but with little backup evidence, in my head. I don't see the good in pointing fingers so openly. That can only lead to even more fingers jabbing at me, like I don't have enough already :/ surely if I admit I think a member is TR, and they actually are, I'm gonna go bye bye. Which, if I may add, makes it even more strange that you what me to start pointing out ppl now... But again, I guess I'm the only one noticing things...
    I don't want you to start pointing fingers necessarily, I'm just saying that I have defended myself but you still seem set on me when you even suspect others. Focusing on one person until they're gone is the wrong route to take in this game, my friend.

And you keep saying that you're the only one "noticing things" I've put all I am out there. No more, no less. I have no idea what it is that you think you're "Noticing".

Also, you say that pointing fingers is not wise. But you even said that discussions need to be started. How do you expect these people to speak up and show their defense unless you provoke them to?
    Last edited by Layton; 07-24-2014 at 03:18 AM.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't want you to start pointing fingers necessarily, I'm just saying that I have defended myself but you still seem set on me when you even suspect others. Focusing on one person until they're gone is the wrong route to take in this game, my friend.

And you keep saying that you're the only one "noticing things" I've put all I am out there. No more, no less. I have no idea what it is that you think you're "Noticing".

Also, you say that pointing fingers is not wise. But you even said that discussions need to be started. How do you expect these people to speak up and show their defense unless you provoke them to?
    I can't prove what I'm "noticing." You could very much be innocent. I know tht, but I keep finding links and reasons, and you continue to deny the slight chance you're a TR member because I ours supposedly so open and honest. It's just illogical to trust you based on that alone.

I'll provoke conversation as I feel the need, if I stay here long enough and am not kicked out. I'm not gonna cause mayhem and point out several ppl just so they can all vote me out in one swoop. That's reckless.

I'm also not gonna focus on you, one sole person, until you're out. But at the moment, you seem the most likely suspect imo.