Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Her Dumb Things;

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Her Dumb Things;

Okay! I honestly don't know what kind of title I should put and this post would be mainly about me asking dumb things about Pokémon X & Y. I hope you don't mind helping me out and such! >_<

1. Masuda Method
    Okay, I understand that you need a foreign Pokémon and a USA Pokémon in order to breed/hatch a shiny Pokémon.

My first experience before I heard about the Masuda Method: I bred a English Ditto with a Japanese Male Noivern. I just received 3 eggs and ended it there. 2nd egg was a Shiny Male Noibat.
    This was in October-November 2013.

End of July to Beginning of August 2014.
    Second experience (I have both Shiny Charm and Oval Charm) : Japanese Ditto and Male Spiritomb. I honestly lost count of how many eggs I gotten (wonder traded most of them after I hatched it) 40 minutes, I got a Shiny Female Spiritomb.
    3rd Attempt: 4+ hours with Female Spiritomb with HA and Japanese Ditto. I bred for several days (probably gave about 4+ hours on each day) and no shiny.

So I researched and looked at a few things about people's experience and all.. I guess it's just luck or something. There were some saying that the Shiny Charm "reduces" the chances, but I don't know. Honestly, without or even knowing about the Shiny Charm, I ran into 2 shinies before I face off the Elite4 and never really started Shiny Hunting or anything yet. I want to know what are your thoughts/opinions on this. Also, any advices if there are any to this trick I guess lol~

2. Breeding & IVs
    So a friend and I are going to breed 6IVs and shinies. (we're pretty serious and just started) My friend knows about IVs a lot more than I do (I just recently knew about it but I'm still clueless and confused..) Anywho!
    A Japanese Ditto works best [as I heard] holding a Destiny Bond (why? lol) and either Male/Female Pokémon (holding a Everstone? please explain!) you want to breed.
    That and.. >_>
    Does the Male/Female Pokémon have to have any IVs or will it be alright? Sorry for the dumb questions, I just want to make sure.

Oh! It just hit me. >u< I heard that a Shiny Ditto / Shiny Japanese Ditto is more accurate in breeding a shiny? Is that true or does it have the same chances? I'm not sure if its even true, but please share your thoughts with me. I appreciate your opinions and help! (:

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Masuda Method is really based off of luck. Without it though, the Shiny rate would probably still be in the 8000s. xP You got very lucky to get a Shiny Noibat on the 2nd Egg. You don't necessarily need to have a USA Pokémon for it to work, just two Pokémon that came from different countries. (Example Spain and Japan)

Breeding and IVs. Oh boy. A Japanese Ditto is preferred so breeders have a chance at a good IV Shiny via the Masuda Method as well, but all you really need is a 6IV Ditto. The 6IV Ditto is supposed to hold the Destiny KNOT (Destiny Bond is a move.... ), which passes down the Ditto's IVs most of the time. Now for the other Pokémon. Let's say you wanted a 5IV Timid Eevee. You'll need a Male/Female Eevee with Timid Nature for this to work. The Everstone has a 100% of passing down the Nature of the holder, which is the Male/Female Eevee. So every Eevee Egg you get will always have Timid Nature.

The Male/Female Pokémon doesn't need any good IVs for it to work. Just breed it with the 6IV Ditto. Switching out the Male/Female Pokémon that's in the Day Care for one of the babies (That have better IVs than the parent) will get you a better chance at getting a better IV Pokémon as well.

And no, a Shiny Ditto doesn't affect anything at all. It's just a Shiny Pokémon. A Shiny foreign Ditto will have the same exact chances as a normal foreign Ditto.

Hope I answered most of your questions
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Omgosh, I didn't even know I typed "Bond" instead of "Knot" xD Thank you for correcting me! I swear, this is what happens when you don't sleep at all, period. x)
    So 6IV Ditto with Destiny Knot = Passes down most of the IVs
    Male/Female Pokémon with Everstone = Passes down the nature

Oh! What about the ability? Does the Everstone also guarantees to pass the ability they have as well? 0:
    Holy snaps.. I did NOT know you can do that xD So it'll be alright if the baby is like lvl 1 to be breeding with like a lvl 50 for example. Lvls shouldn't matter, right? n-n

(In the past, I assumed you have to have both Pokémon to be near the same lvls in order to breed lol dumb child I am)

One more thing ;-; THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING <3
    As for egg moves, does the Everstone also applies? Or just it only applies to the nature? x)

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Yep! 6IV Ditto with Destiny Knot passes down most of the IVs, and Male/Female Pokémon with Everstone always passes down the Nature.

And no, the Everstone only applies to Natures... But if the Male/Female Pokémon has the Ability you want, then the offspring will have a better chance at getting that Ability. Like if you wanted an Eevee with Adaptability, then the Male/Female Eevee has to have Adaptability in order to have a better chance at passing down. For Hidden Abilities, that's a little different. I don't know the exact percentage, but there's a chance that you'll get the Hidden Ability, and a chance that you'll get the normal Ability. (AKA there's a chance to get Anticipation Eevee, and a chance that you'll get a Run Away/Adaptability Eevee)

Yes, it'll be alright if the baby is Lv. 1 and the other Pokémon Lv. 50. I do that all the time with a Lv. 1 Pokémon and a Lv. 100 Ditto xD Levels don't matter.

Like I said earlier, Everstone ONLY applies to the Nature. But if the Male/Female Pokémon has the Egg Moves you want, the offspring will most likely have the Egg Moves. You're welcome xD Glad to help!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You are a life saver! ; u ; THANK YOU SO MUCH. It makes more sense now. I kinda figured out about the Mother/Father having the hidden ability so it'll be easier to pass it down to the offspring n-n
    (realized when I was breeding the Female Spiritomb with HA) Ugh, thank you for helping me out ;-;

Its so weird to breed a lvl 1 with a lvl 50/100 xD But I guess it still works! Thanks for that (:

I got it! Now I got a better understanding of the whole Destiny Knot, Everstone, and Ivs n-n plus hidden ability and nature thing. I appreciate your help. >w<

3. IVs
    What is that exactly and how do you know if they have any? [Before knowing there was a Judge in Kiloude City to tell you how many they have!] Some people can tell right away if they have any or whatnot. I'm quite confused about that. xD

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 6 | Offers: 18 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I do agree on you with the shiny charm.
    Without shiny charm, I ran to shinies in 200+ eggs.
    With that charm, I tried like 900 eggs, and no shiny.
    :/
    No kitty! That's my potpie! Bad kitty! -Mom! Kitty is being a _____
    Respect my Authoritay!
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showth...-Ongoing-story. Have a nice traitor!

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't quite understand the whole Shiny Charm, but I know/seen a few people who'll run into a bunch of shinies in horde battles and in the safari.. I think its all based on your luck with it.
    As for shiny breeding, that is also luck and lots of patience xD

I wish I can say more things, but I should also experience it as well and give it more time! 0:

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 249 | Offers: 698 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Before I had shiny charm i used to run into shinies in safari and horde, but after i got shiny charm, no more shinies lol...

And for breeding, i hatched 1000 eggs and no shiny with masuda, it doesn't work for me.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    I don't know how people can tell IVs right away. I need the judge. xD I couldn't tell the IVs unless I go to the judge. IVs are special hidden stats that every Pokemon has to make them different than other Pokemon. If you have two 5IV Eevee, they both look exactly the same, the IVs will most likely slightly be different (Unless you clone it).

About the Shiny Charm, really, I don't know if it decreases Shiny rate, as I don't have it (But am working towards it)... But still, Shiny Pokemon from the Masuda Method and other sources are based off of luck. I think it's completely off of luck.
    Last edited by Sakura Mamiya; 08-17-2014 at 03:17 PM.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Poketim: For breeding, I "heard" that once you have both Shiny Charm and the Oval Charm, the chances are hatching a shiny is 1/1643? It's 1630-50ish xD But that could be made up or something. I think Serebii.net, they may have the accurate numbers but I dunno >3> Some people are just lucky.

Yeah exactly 0: I didn't even know, but I'm quite sure now that only way to find out about IVs is talking to the guy in Kiloude City n-n Makes sense now and I bet it took a long time to hatch a 5-6IV one .3.

So reality: You just have to be patient about it and hope that Lady Luck is on your side!

4. EV Training
    I swear, I feel like I'm super new to Pokémon xD I started playing Pokémon since I was very young. I have all of them (Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, etc.) But like any other kids, we play catch and train (well lvl up) and beat the elite4. There wasn't anything to it but now there are IVs and EV training. So what is EV and how does it work exactly? Just curious, is it that important or just for Competitive Battles? I know some people just want the best Pokémon in shape, so I'm just wondering how is it done exactly.

5. Nature
    I recently just started thinking that there are some certain natures that goes "perfectly" with certain Pokémon.
    FOR EXAMPLE: Pikachu with Timid (boosts speed and whatnot) <-- I don't know, just something random, so correct me if I'm wrong. I know people are looking for certain natures for their Dream Pokémon (just to make it clear, the desire Pokémon you want.. I should've said that .3.; oh well, too late now lol) ANYWHO so would someone please explain to me about it too?
    IF its true, then what would be a great nature for Feebas/Milotic? Manectric? Liepard? Lopunny? :3 I really appreciate it!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Once you get the hang of it, IV breeding is really easy

EV Training. This is more difficult to explain that IV breeding EVs help a Pokémon reach it's full potential. A correctly EV Trained Pokémon is much stronger than a Pokémon with no EVs at all. It's very important for Competitive Battles. I EV Train a lot as I'm a battler. For a beginner, I'd recommend Super Training. It's slow, but it works. But for quicker EV training, horde battles are best. I'll give you links because I think it's too difficult to explain. Sorry ^-^"

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ordes.3490052/
    http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ev-...-hotspots-x-y/

There are two links that'll help you.

Natures. Natures are important. Just as important as EV Training and IV breeding. Timid is really good for a Pikachu for example, as it increases Speed, which it needs, and decreases Attack, which isn't needed. While keeping it's main sweeping stat, Sp. Attack, the same. Natures for the Pokémon... If there's a second Nature in a suggestion (Like Adamant/Jolly) then the first one has priority.

Feebas/Milotic - Depends if your Milotic is a sweeper or a bulky Pokémon. Modest/Timid for a sweeper and Calm/Bold for a tank.
    Manectric - Timid.
    Liepard - Timid.
    Lopunny - Jolly/Adamant.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think I might just stick to IV breeding xD I'll have my friend do the EV training if he's up to it or something c:

Thank you so very much for those useful links I can't believe there's so much about them xD You are so helpful and so kind ; 3 ; I appreciate everything you done! (:

You really do know everything about this o-o Ugh, I still have a hard time grasping the concept and still don't understand xD But I can imagine Milotic being a tank, so that isn't so bad!
    I'll remember those when I start IV breeding 0: Thank you! Also, what Pokemons are best for like Relaxed, Impish and Lax natures? Your opinion of course x) since I got a feeling everyone has their own opinion of which is better. Honestly, I don't have a clue! xP

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Relaxed - +Defense -Speed. Anything acting more on the defensive side in Trick Room. (Trick Room makes slower Pokémon move first if you didn't know that) xD That's all I can think of. I never really used a Relaxed Nature before, so I don't know what Pokémon are best.

Impish - +Defense -Sp. Attack. This is good for defensive walls that don't need any Sp. Attack. Like Skarmory. Skarmory is awesome.

Lax - +Defense -Sp. Def. I almost never use this one... So I don't know. I think it's unused because it decreases a stat that may be useful in certain battles.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yup, I definitely didn't know about that at all xD Thank you for informing me! (: I might have a somewhat pretty good idea about this and I'll see what I can do x) THANK YOU SNOWY. You are so epic and thanks for helping me out!

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    You're welcome xD