Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Her Dumb Things;

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    This was also a question ive been searching in the internet and somehow didnt find anything that I understand xP thanks so so so so much for this, this will really help a lot of people who also ask these questions to themselves and probably they WILL understand this because of the answers of Snowy The Sky Wolf!

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Exactly ;___; All thanks to Snowy! I was completely clueless about this and no one would even help me answer these u-u Thanks to her, I got a better understanding how IVs breeding works whenever I get to it!

There are other things I do not understand yet, but when the time comes.. I'll post them here and hope more kind people would help out! n-n

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Haha, you're welcome guys Glad to help!
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Cool

Real quick notes on EV training:

Consider it as ways to "pimp your Pokemon"! Same as IVs. The difference is that IVs are bred into your Pokemon, and EVs are battled into your Pokemon. Each Poke you defeat will put a little "nudge" into a specific trait until you reach a points cap in that trait. You will need to know which Pokes provide points for the ability you want to enhance. As mentioned, the easiest way is horde battles, because you get 5 defeats at one time, and each defeat gives you appropriate points. You will need to have your EXP SHARE turned on, by the way.

If you wanted to, the sloooooooow method is the Super Training, which does the same things. You just need to train in the specific abilities you want, and you can only do it one Poke at a time.

My personal advice to you:
    1) Visit Smogon University and see which builds are most popular for the breeds you wish to raise. Your chances of getting good trades that way are high, and it will let you know if you want to do something wierd like -31 Speed (Trick Room Pokemon) in the IV. Generally speaking, 5IVs are pretty darned good, as the 6th is usually in the reduced stat your Nature triggers and we've already given that stat up. 6IVs are primadonnas that should earn top trade value.
    2) Leave EV training to the person you are trading the Poke to. Each level of customization you add to your Pokemon is going to reduce your target audience. It takes maybe 15-30 minutes to EV train if you know what you're doing, so providing "EV virgins" is more likely going to ensure you get good trades. Heaven help if you accidentally fudge an EV by fighting something you didn't want to! It's like accidentally getting egg shells in the cake batter - just doesn't matter that it was this little tiny piece, it ruins the entire cake!

PS: Trick Room Pokemon
    Trick Room "flips" SPEED, so that the slowest SPD Pokemon actually go first! The advantage of this is that your BEST stat and your WORST stat from your Nature are BOTH BEST stats! Getting -31 IV in SPD on a Poke used to battle in Trick Room is an excellent thing, so you will want to know if a particular breed is used in that environment. Because it is so particular, I highly recommend that you only breed a couple of these, and maybe only on demand. I myself play Trick Room quite a bit, however, it is a lot like Mate In 4 Moves in Chess. You can surprise people who are not ready for it, but if your opponent IS ready for it, you might find yourself in a world of hurt! (Unless you have studied your Agrippa… which I have!)

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Honestly, the whole EV training is confusing to me and I probably wont get to it u-u I have the sited that Snowy posted and your notes to look over when I start! c:

Okay I know you already answered this and just to double check xD I'm currently 6IV breeding :3 pretty happy when the outcomes. Anywho, since I have a 5IV male Electrike.. I can switch out the Female 2IV Manectric so I'll have a higher rate of getting a 6IV Electrike, right? 0:

I have three 4IV Females (one is a shiny; 15th egg), one 4IV Male, and two 5IV Males. I just want to make sure since I have to lvl it up to a certain lvl so they wont lose their 3 egg moves u-u

If I do actually take out the 2IV Female Manectric and switch it was a 5IV Male Electrike (going to evolve it to a Manectric), it will boost my chance for a 6IV and still have my 3 egg moves? :3 sorry if Im repeating.. currently on my phone xD

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Yeah. Switch out the 2IV for the 5IV for a higher chance. You don't have to level it up, if I remember correctly. If the Egg moves disappear, then you can get them back from Move Reminder. Actually, I think the Egg Moves still pass down even when they're not there. But I'm not sure ^-^"
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Gotcha! Thank you so much Snowy :3

That's the thing I'm worried about xD I know if they lose the egg moves, I can just go to the Move Reminder.. But a little worried what if it doesn't pop up 0: