Thread: Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the world's fastest Tangrowth

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 29 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 32 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Question Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the world's fastest Tangrowth

Okay, so I'm in the battle spot, right? I'm up against somebody with a drought Ninetales. I take care of Ninetales and then they send out their Tangrowth. I have my jolly 31 IV 252 EV speed pentaperfect Aerodactyl (base 130 speed by the way) out at the moment. So I think, "hey I know Tangrowth's defensive and all, but ice fang is my best option here". So I go for it. RIIIIIGGGHT after Tangrowth hits me with a rock slide and takes down Aerodactyl. And I know what you're thinking - "Huhuhuhu, Tangrowth can have the ability Chlorophyll, which doubles speed in the sunlight, or it could be scarfed or maybe both". Well we can rule out that it was scarfed because it proceeded to use power whip on my Lapras. If it was scarfed it would be locked into rock slide. If Chlorophyll doubles its base speed from 50 to 100, how even fully invested in speed, can it possibly outspeed my Aerodactyl? Does anybody know how this is possible? I'm just curious.
    THE DRAGON's DEN - DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? http://www.pokebay.com/forums/group.php?groupid=563

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    you sure you didn't miss the ice fang XD,

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 68 | Wishlist Items: 16 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well, with a Speed Boosting Nature + Chlorophyll, Tangrowth's Speed stat would max out at 438. Your Aerodactyl's Speed would be 395 if maxed out, therefore, Tangrowth would be faster in Sunlight. :P hope this helps. (Info from Marriland)
    Got a new 3ds, so i'm ready to take on others in some heated Pokemon Battles