Thread: Last piece of the puzzle

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Last piece of the puzzle

I have a focus sash alakazam that rarely gets used, and doesnt perform well when he does.
    I'm looking for some input on my teams current members, and some help deciding who gets Alas slot.
    (keeping in mind i arbitrarily follow smogons ou rules in battle spot, as well as all my pokemon being kalos caught or bred)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers - Sassy
    Iron Barbs

Gyro ball
    Leech seed
    Toxic
    Protect

EVs 252HP with roughly 75% of the remainder in Sp.Def, 25% in Def

Taunt, Fire/fighting stabs, or leftovers+poison immunity all stop this guy dead in his tracks, damn near anything else he dominates.
    I've swept more than one uber team with only this guy, finishing at full health.

Mega mewtwos SE aura sphere? Leftovers+seed+protect=what aura sphere?
    Yvetle/Xerneas/zekrom? Can't make a dent.
    Mega Kanga? kills itself on my iron barbs before toxic has a chance to warm up.
    Mega Gengar? :O poison resist?!?! Gyroball teaches him the folly of his speedy ways <3 Ferrothorn

Zapdos @ Zap Plate - Calm
    Pressure

Discharge
    Hidden power ice
    Agility
    Roost

EVs 252HP with roughly 75% of the remainder in Def. 25% in spdef

Another pokemon with great typing and defenses. Rarely do i have trouble safely getting agility, once i do it takes a very powerful pokemon using a super-effective attack, or toxic to out damage my roost. (Zappy laughs at greninjas super-effective ice beams)

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite - Adamant
    Intimidate/Moldbreaker

Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Ice fang
    Dragon Dance

EVs 188atk with the rest split between speed&HP

Seeing a trend? Not a glass cannon fan.
    Not only does he have great typing and bulk letting you easily set up a DD or two, i like to hold off on the mega evolution until i need to survive an electric attack, become resistant to rock, or immune to psychic. More than once the pokemon switch in to deal with gyarados ends up with a OHKO.

Tyranitar
    @ Earthplate - Adamant
    Sandstream

Crunch
    Earthquake
    Stone edge
    Fireblast

EVs 252 atk 252speed 6HP

Nostalgia more than anything else. His ability can add some extra damage for my ferrothorn who resists it, or he can just use his massive power, decent typing, or surprise coverage to mop up. (correct me if im wrong, but even with a hindering satk nature, i assume FB would do more damage than fire fang)

Volcarona
    @ Life Orb - Calm
    Flame Body

Fiery Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Quiver Dance
    Roost

EVs About 60 in speed, the rest split between def amd HP

Capable of quickly becoming almost entirely immune to special attackers, while simultaneously becoming a speedy offensive powerhouse, if my opponent doesn't have a mega charizard X, or a special wall with a rock/status move, Volc often sweeps entire teams before they get a chance to make a move.

Id be using more leftovers/lifeorbs as needed, but until i enter a competition i have to play by Battlespot single-battle rules.

Some candidates ive been considering:

Forretress for rapid spin/hazards, but with ferros fire weakness seeing him would guarantee heavy fire resistance.

Whimsicot for taunt/sub/encore but he shares the same weakness, and pretty much only works with leftovers which ferro needs.

Gengar with black sludge also for taunt/sub, but his squishyness and the fact i already have a toxic staller makes me think there has to be something better im not thinking of.
    Last edited by alittlehazy; 08-26-2014 at 10:40 AM.