Thread: Dragon Team Help

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Dragon Team Help

So I'm trying to build up a Dragon Type Team for XY because I've wanted to do a monotype team for a while. it was basically a choice between a Ghost or Dragon team XD.

I just need some help with moves and items.

Goodra @Assault Vest
    - Sludge bomb
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???

They're going to be my Defensive Tank I have zip idea of what moves to use for this pokemon, I don't have my Goomy yet so I don't know its nature. Move help?

Choice Band @ Salemance
    - Outrage
    - Thunder Fang
    - ???
    - ???

I need some help for good moves for him but he's going to be a Outrage King

Mega Charizard X (took me forever to get this mega stone om my Y)
    - Shadow Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Flying type move?
    - ???

Move set help!

Hydreigon @ ???
    - Tri-attack
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf
    - ???

What item should I give it? I really don't wanna have another choice item so what should I do? what moves?

Dragalgae @ Black Sludge

- Poison Type Move
    - Poison Type move
    - ???
    - ???

Help?

Tyrantrum @Dragon Fang/Claw

His moveset I've got some ideas for but suggestions are welcome

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You should PM Nick, he has a wealth of knowledge and is the current E4 dragon type leader. Also if you're going to make a mono team the key thing is to cover your weaknesses, how are you going to deal with fairy or ice types for example. Also if you still need Goomy PM me i'm sure i have a spare somewhere

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Well, okay. Let's see. Outrage kinda got nerfed this gen, since the addition of Fairy types, which means if one switches in, you're stuck in a non-damaging Outrage. I'd recommend the move Dragon Claw for that very reason. You could make your Salamence a mixed sweeper, so it would be able to have Flamethrower or Fire Blast to take out Ice types. But for a physical sweeper, I'd say...

Salamence @ Choice Band/Expert Belt
    - Dragon Dance/Crunch/Steel Wing (Dragon Dance if you're using Expert Belt only)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Rock Slide (Helps get rid of your Ice weakness.)
    - Earthquake

You could try Steel Wing to beat Fairy, but I'm pretty sure there are better options out there.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
    - Dragon Dance/Rock Slide
    - Dragon Claw
    - Flare Blitz
    - Earthquake

Since Charizard X doesn't really have an Ice or a Fairy weakness, you can just stick to the basics. He has enough bulk to pull off a Dragon Dance with correct prediction, but if you don't want to risk it, you can go with Rock Slide to help the others.

Those are the only two that I've really used, but... Hydreigon really should get Draco Meteor. Just saying.
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!