Thread: Pokemon IVs

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 82 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Pokemon IVs

Okay. I know that when the judge says "stats like those simply can't be beat" means they have a perfect 31 IV stat, and that the best potential a pokemon can have is "outstanding".

How does the potential affect he pkmn? And why do people settle for "relatively superior"? I don't consider a pkmn to have perfect stats unless "simply can't be beat" and "outstanding" are paired together. I actually consider it a reject if it isn't "outstanding", and I don't give that pkmn any markings if it doesn't.

I've bred plenty of pkmn for my friends on here, and I only give them the best. I wouldn't stop breeding until it said "outstanding". So what's the difference?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 131 | Offers: 170 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Outstanding is better than Relatively Superior,the total IVs for Outstanding are 151 to 186 and the average IVs are 28,while the total IVs for Relatively Superior are 121 to 150,average IVs are 22.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 82 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    so it does affect the IVs of a pkmn? My friend said it affected their performance or something and it just threw me in a loop

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 131 | Offers: 170 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I can say it yes I guess but not really. " Outstanding,Relatively Superior,Above Average,etc " are just showing you how much perfect/good IVs your Pokemon have,it's kinda like 'IVs Checker'.So the IVs are depends on how you breed'em (with a regular Pokemon or 6 IVs Ditto ) If you want to make it easier,there's a certain website where it shows how many perfect IVs your Pokemon have.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Like Ean said, this is just a checker. The pokemon has hidden IVs and the potential just says how good they are. The potential in no way affects the IVS, it just it a source for the user to view them. IVS in turn, do affect the performance in battle. However, outstanding is not always best. For example, trick room pokemon may only have 4IVs because they are missing one and then have a 0 in speed. These will be regarded as relatively superior, although having the desired IVs