Thread: Critique my team?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 6 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Critique my team?

I'm having trouble deciding movesets. I'm already happy with the moves they've got, but after battling one of my friends over and over, I keep running into the same problems.

Swampert: Torrent (Fully EV Trained in HP and Atk)
    Nature: Adamant
    Current moveset:
    Earthquake (STAB)
    Sludge Wave (Deals with fairies and grass types, assuming I survive a hit/predict a switch)
    Power Up Punch (Helps deal with my friend's Blissey)
    Scald (STAB, chance for burning)

I need to put Ice beam on it, but have no idea what to forget. Ideally, I would have bred avalanche on it, but that didn't happen.

Delphox: Magician (Fully EV trained in Sp. Atk and Speed)
    Nature: Naughty (not the best nature, I know)
    Current moveset:
    Psychic (STAB)
    Shadow Ball
    Power Up Punch
    Flame Charge (STAB and a speed boost)

Not sure what to do with it in general at the moment.

Breloom: Poison Heal, holding a toxic orb (Fully EV trained in HP and Sp. Def)
    Nature: Adamant
    Current moveset:
    Power Up Punch
    Venoshock
    Mach Punch
    Energy Ball

I'm overall satisfied with his moveset but I think I might need more type coverage.

Lanturn: Volt Absorb (EV trained in Def and Sp. Def, with some put into HP)
    Nature: Calm
    Current moveset:
    Toxic
    Thunder Wave
    Scald
    Ice Beam

I think I need a STAB electric attack on Lanturn, but the only moves I would think to take off would be toxic or thunder wave, which both have their uses. Toxic for wearing down bulky opponents, and thunder wave for speedy ones.

Togekiss: Serene Grace holding a king's rock (EV trained in HP and Defense)
    Nature: Calm
    Current moveset:
    Ancient Power (good chance of raising all my stats)
    Thunder Wave
    Psychic
    Roost (longevity)

I'm overall pleased with togekiss, though it bothers me sometimes that it lacks a fairy type move to deal with dragons and the like. Suggestions are appreciated.

Gallade: Steadfast (EV trained in Atk and Speed)
    Nature: Jolly
    Current Moveset:
    Poison Jab
    Psycho Cut
    Earthquake
    Shadow Ball

Gallade lacks a STAB fighting move. I want to put Mach Punch on him, but am unsure which move to forget. Any input is appreciated.

Any suggestions you might have are welcome.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 131 | Offers: 170 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You should change your Delphox's Power-Up Punch into other moves or STAB because Power-Up Punch is Physical Attack and it will only increase Physical damage,Delphox is Special Attacker so you should probably change it into a Sp.Attack move.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Like Ean said, many of your pokemon have the wrong type of attacking move. You should research which pokemon are special or physical attackers, and what the moves they know are. Also, I would give them more support moves rather than just mostly attacking moves.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 6 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This is why we have Smogon.

Using Physical Attacks like Power-Up Punch and Flame Charge on a SPecial Attacking Delphox isn't usually the best idea.

Breloom can be played defensively. If you want something else defensive with Poison Heal, you want Gliscor. You definitely want Leech Seed, Spore, Drain Punch and Protect on that.

Your Lanturn looks good.

I'm not sure what to think of your Togekiss. Trying to rely on AncientPower even with Serene Grace isn't usually recommended. Most Togekiss prefer going Specially Defensive.

DO NOT RUN SHADOW BALL ON GALLADE. If you really need a Ghost move, go with Shadow Sneak especially since it gets priority and hits harder. For a Fighting move, I recommend either Close Combat or Drain Punch, but that depends on what exactly you're trying to do with Gallade.
    Last edited by DrCoeloCephalo; 09-20-2014 at 01:34 AM.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Some people don't support Smogon, you know. Just saying. Anyways...

Swampert. Adamant Nature + Special Moves = A very strange and somewhat weakened moveset. Adamant Nature reduces Special Attack, so your special moves do just about nothing. I'd recommend a different Nature like Lonely or Naughty for him. A moveset for a completely physical Swampert based off of your moveset would probably be Earthquake, Waterfall, Power-Up Punch, and Avalanche (Egg Move)/Ice Punch (5th Generation Transfer)/Rock Slide (Rock Slide if you can't get the other two as a filler).

Delphox. I'd go with a Timid Nature for this one. Naughty increases Attack, and Delphox has a 69 base Attack... Physical attacks will do just about nothing to opponents, depending on the situation. Good idea for a moveset - Psychic/Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, SolarBeam/Grass Knot (SolarBeam if you have a sun summoner.).

Breloom. Technician is the ability that most people use. EVs would be good in Attack and Speed. Nature is good. And I don't think Energy Ball will do much with a 60 base Sp. Attack... ^-^" Moveset idea - Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb (Bullet Seed is best used with Technician.), Mach Punch, Power-Up Punch/Sky Uppercut, and Rock Slide/Spore (Rock Slide for Fire coverage, Spore to put Pokémon to sleep. )

Lanturn. Things look good here, but if you wanted a STAB Electric attack, you could get rid of Scald for the BoltBeam coverage. But then again, it'll remove the possible Fire counter...

Togekiss. Looks good overall, but you could switch out Psychic for Dazzling Gleam, if you wanted a Fairy move. You can't completely rely on Ancientpower, it won't always get you the stat raises when you really need it.

And lastly, Gallade. Absolutely no Shadow Ball. That belongs on Gardevoir. Could put in Mach Punch in replacement for Shadow Ball if you want. Or have Shadow Sneak. Moveset - Poison Jab (Good choice for the Fairies), Psycho Cut, Close Combat/Drain Punch (Power VS Healing effect), Night Slash (Ghost coverage)/Rock Slide (Flying coverage).

These movesets are just ideas from my knowledge and experience, you don't have to follow them exactly. Actually, I recommend that you don't follow them exactly. xD You can change the movesets so that they are best suited for your team. Hope I helped
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 6 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Pretty much what I would've written if I wasn't so lazy.