Thread: New X/Y Update stops cloning?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

New X/Y Update stops cloning?

http://www.serebii.net/xy/patch.shtml

A new patch came for pokemon X/Y and from the way the description specifies it, it seems like they fixed the cloning glitch (unless there are other bugs with data transmission that could be exploited). In addition to that, they made this update kinda mandatory, seeing as it "is required for your game to go online". Seems like Nintendo is really giving their A-game on stopping cloners, if that is the case.

What are your thoughts about that possibility, especially since cloning has been helpfull for some players? Do you think this update was designed to get rid of this bug specifically?

My partners...The ones who carried me across all these years of my Pokemon time...And wouldn't change for any other team!

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 131 | Offers: 170 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I've updated both of my Pokemon X and Y into V.1.3 and I still can clone normally.I think the new update just for X/Y able to connect to ORAS.Some people says it prevent hacked Pokemon from being used online but not so sure about that since I haven't tested it myself.
    Last edited by Victini's Tears; 10-29-2014 at 09:17 AM.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It seems as tho its still possible to clone Pokemon. Even in version 1.3.
    I just managed it with a 1.0 and 1.3 version. Only a couple of times, but im guessing this has more to do with me not getting the timing right. I could try 20 times with no result before suddenly getting an extra Poliwag.

Seeing how this was my first go at cloning since Red and Blue, I don't really know if they made it more difficult either. I kinda doubt they can make datatransfer glitch free, but some commenters on sites felt it had gotten harder to time it correctly.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 22 | Offers: 189 | Wishlist Items: 22 | Wishlist Offers: 26 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The New update bans illegal hacks. A legal hack is when you make a pokemon which is actually possible to breed, like I hacked my Galvantula, but because it is a common set, with a legitimate ability and stats, it passed it as legit, because the system cannot detect it as if states it's from Unova, so the system can't tell if it was genned because it apparently came from a different game. An illegal hack is like a Sturdy Shedinja or a Hoopa, which is impossible to breed up in the game.
    FC: 0430 8750 1984 (Friend Safari: Grass, Oddish, Petilil, Maractus) I don't like Helix.