Thread: The Official Pokebay VGC 2014 World Championships! (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Cool The Official Pokebay VGC 2014 World Championships! (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

I'm Hello members of Pokebay,

I am pleased to announce the 2014 Official Pokebay VGC Tournament! If you competed in the first Official Pokebay tournament I hosted, this will be similar to it, and I will host both of these tournaments annually!

This tournament will begin on Monday, December 22nd, at 12:00 AM ET and last approximately 10 days. Mark your calenders! (I will allow some flexibility on fitting in battles as it is the holiday season, and many are spending time with family, as well. You'll only be required to do one battle every 2 days).

Nick (XTERMIN8OR) will be my assistant in running this tournament. If you have any questions, feel free to contact either one of us, as he is a Pokemon and VGC expert. Special thanks Nick!

So with the 2014 season coming to a close, this tournament can be used to show off your perfected team from the year or learn to play VGC in preparation for the fresh and upcoming 2015 season.

Now, if you don't know what VGC is... not to fear! VGC (Video Game Championships) is the official format used by The Pokemon Company International at events, such as National Championships and Pokemon World Championships. The rules are down below. Each year, a new set of rules is released that pertain to that year's games.

UPDATED FORMAT:
    In contrast to the previous tournament, this tournament will be Swiss-styled. The previous tournament used a single elimination bracket system, however this has been changed. There is no loss limit for disqualification. You can play in every round! At the end of the 5 rounds, the players with the highest number of wins will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. An additional tiebreaker round may be used if there are two or more players tied for a top spot. This change allows players with an early loss to have the chance to comeback, and because most actual VGC tournaments use this system. It lets players continue playing and learning in the tournament, without the pressure of leaving with just one loss.

VGC14 Specific Rules:
    Only POKEMON IN THE CENTRAL, COASTAL, AND MOUNTAIN KALOS DEXES ARE ALLOWED. A link to these and the usable Pokemon can be found here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...okédex_number Note: This DOESN'T mean just new Pokemon in Kalos, but rather all those that are in the KALOS DEX. YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THIS RULE
    Typically, VGC requries all Pokemon to have the blue pentagon, but this tournament DOES NOT requre it. You can have Pokemon from Sinnoh, Unova, etc, as long as they can be found in the Kalos pokedex.

Battles are double battles. A team of 6 Pokemon is required, however, only 4 are brought to each battle. Double battles with flat rules are required when facing your opponent.
    The Pokemon Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo are banned, in addition to all non-Kalos dex Pokemon.
    Pokemon above level 50 will be brought down to level 50 for the match, and Pokemon below level 50 remain as is.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Exlusive Megas are banned, however you CAN use ORAS Move Tutors.

General Tournament Rules:
    You may not use two or more Pokemon of the same national Pokedex number.
    You may not use two or more of the same item.
    If you are not present in the tournament for 48 hours or more, you will be disqualified as the tournament needs to progress through the rounds rapidly.
    The use of hacked pokemon is strictly forbidden. If you are caught using Pokemon created from a device from outside the game or modified outside of the game in anyway, you will be disqualified. If you suspect a player is using hacked Pokemon, notify me immediately.
    Remember to use good sportsmanship, as this is just for fun Any participant who displays rude behavior or unsportsmanlike conduct will be disqualified.
    Participants must have a 3DS or 2DS of some kind, a Pokebay account, and a copy of Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire to enter.
    Abilities must be the correct ability for the Pokemon.
    Moves may only be learned through an event, leveling up, breeding, TM or HM, Smeargle's sketch, or from a move tutor.
    YOU MUST USE THE SAME TEAM THROUGHOUT THE TOURNAMENT. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SWITCH POKEMON AND ITEMS BETWEEN ROUNDS. This includes items and movesets.

Also, please post the battle video code and make the battle "online", so the tournament hosts can review it. This is to ensure no rules are being broken, and since everyone will be posting their battle videos, this prevents scouting, because everyone can see each other's teams

To enter, simply comment your FC and IGN below. I will generate the bracket as soon as all entries are in.

Note: Just like the summer tournament, I will be creating a group for this tournament that will announce when each round is beginning. Each round will last 48 hours, and you have that time to battle your opponent. If your opponent fails to contact you, PM me. If no battle occurs due to inactivity of one participant within 24 hours, the participant that was actively looking for the opponent wins, and other loses. If no battle occurs due to time zone differences or special situations within 48, I will assess the situation then. Also, if all battles occur in the first 24 hours, the next round will begin 24 hours early.

Prizes
    All participants will receive a 5iv shiny Pachirisu identical to the one Sejun Park used at the 2014 Pokemon World Championships! (Donated by me)

1st Place- Title of 2014 Pokebay World Champion and a spot on the Official Pokebay Tournament Plaque
    Shiny Gyarados (donated by Cynfire), Shiny Unown and Battle Ready Manectric (donated by Snowy the Sky Wolf), 5IV HA Dream Ball Gligar (donated by Krishna), Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Trevenant, Shiny Deino, Shiny Dratini nicknamed Rem, Shiny Landorus nicknamed Land"R"us, 5iv shiny garchomp, shiny scizor (donated by me)

2nd Place- 4EM Jolly Charmander (donated by Snowy the Sky Wolf), Timid Moonball Ghastly holding Stardust (donated by Kuro Neko), Shiny Vulpix, Shiny Jolteon, Shiny Aerodactyl (donated by me), Shiny Poliwrath (donated by Cynfire)

3rd Place- 4EM Jolly charmander (donated by Snowy the Sky Wolf), Shiny Cyndaquil, Shiny Skrelp, Shiny Swirlix

Thank you so much to all who donated! Your support makes this tournament possible!

Good luck, have fun, and have a very happy and safe holiday season!

Current Entries:
    1. TheGranterra (3325-2617-1270)
    2. Cynfire (1220-8183-4678)
    3. BugMaster Josh (4098-2452-4940)
    4. Kirigaya Suguha (2879-0386-2618)
    5. Austinn (2423-2022-1004)
    6. XTERMIN8OR (3110-5106-6385)
    7. Kyle the Arrogant (1246-9493-4405)
    8. Georgia (1435-4734-6350)
    9. Neko the Enigma (4596-9642-1454)
    10. the muffin man (0430-8392-8905)
    11. NinjaMC (2165 5549 6209)
    12. Frontier Brain Coby (0516-7554-9206)
    13. Rubyfan (3737-9526-4966)
    14. Poketim (4785-5571-7720)
    15. Kuro Neko (5215-0711-1330)
    16. Kyrl (3110-5572-1276)
    17. ancient_claydol (4871-5611-3839)
    Last edited by Velocity; 12-23-2014 at 03:31 AM.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Im gonna join my ign and FC is in my sigature :3. LOL Im gonna be battle foder though.
    ⭐Experienced pokemon breeder⭐

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    Name: Josh
    FC:4098-2452-4940
    When the world falls Atlas will Stand

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Name: Tamm/Tammie (Not too sure which game I'm using for it haha)
    FC: 2879-0386-2618

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    IGN is Austin FC is 2423-2022-1004

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You know I'll be in this. No PokeBay VGC tournament without me. 3110-5106-6385

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Never really battled with VGC rules before, but I'll be there. IGN Kris 1246-9493-4405

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Georgia will also compete, to test her training. FC:1435-4734-6350
    Last edited by The Kiwi Dragon; 12-14-2014 at 11:47 PM.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    You know I might as well join too it'll be fun battling everyone ign Joshua FC 0430-8392-8905

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Not really here to enter! Im just here to say Good Luck to every participant!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'll enter for a laugh
    my IGN is Ninja

FC 2165 5549 6209

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    It's about time I compete in one of these tournaments. I've been busy training and not battling. Prepare to feel my wrath fellow PokeBayers! (FC: 0516-7554-9206)

PokeBay Water Type Gym Leader: Holder of the Depth Badge
    The cold, dark waters of the abyss will be your grave.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 28 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have not played in a while so might as well enter

ING:Kyle
    FC:3737-9526-4966

So Sorry I forgot
    Last edited by rubyfan; 12-19-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    “All morons hate it when you call them a moron.”

― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    IGN: Kuro
    FC: 5215-0711-1330

Good luck again and have fun

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    fc 4871-5611-3839 mi ign is michael