Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Future of Pokémon games

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mørty View Post
    Ultra approves, therefore I'm not the only one who needs help kbai
    Ultra has been in the mental asylum with Kiwi for years. We already knew about Ultra's psychosis. *distracts you with big, fancy words while guards in white coats sneak up behind you with a long needle*

kbai

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by CGBM View Post
    Ultra has been in the mental asylum with Kiwi for years. We already knew about Ultra's psychosis. *distracts you with big, fancy words while guards in white coats sneak up behind you with a long needle*

kbai
    Oh snap

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CGBM View Post
    I am a rude butthead who wears socks with sandals and touches door handles with wet hands
    Yeah that seems about right.
    I think I've made it clear that the magical disappearance of mine was due to travelling the world as a duck. Now let's get back to the topic of the thread, thank you :P

So the topic of a more serious storyline has been brought up a couple of times. What would you suggest for it? We've seen the saving the world thing and evil organizations. Those are pretty straight forward ideas for an exiting story, but I'm sure there could be more, something that we haven't seen yet. (Keeping in mind we're talking about a kids game here so that's our limit here)

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    We should get a more darker storyline with more adult themes but have it like an option in the game. Say you can play the lighter, happier story or a dark maybe even violent storyline.. I've been playing a Pokemon rom hack called Pokemon Reborn and I'd just love if there was a main game that had a more darker storyline. I know it may be aimed at children but most of the people who play it are pretty much adults xD

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    [QUOTE=UltraSound;72733]Yeah that seems about right.

*speaks like Homer Simpson* "Why you little!"

<-< on another topic... I think the story of the games has been pretty mature. The mafia, destroying Earth, using a God complex to erase the universe, killing the population of people not deemed worthy or beautiful enough, global manipulation. Pretty heavy topics every generation. We even got a multiverse going on. Not exactly kid stuff. I guess it's the way they go about it that is essentially repetitive, but the main fault of that is the series itself. It's people running around with six monster battling each other in a turn based fashion for money and glory. Not a fighting game or an action game or shoot em up or hack and slash. I think the point of the game itself is what limits it to being able to only be but so much, and other things like it being for kids and etc comes later, but on a much smaller scale.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    ^ I agree with that, those are pretty mature and dark themes, but the execution has been brought down to a "for kids" level. Not as exciting. I know twists have been brought up before, maybe a situation where we'd be forced to lose? Like, your rival gets involved with some not-up-to-good people, their pokémon receive some godlike powers and are then able to beat you. The first 3 rival battles would be just normal, you easily beating them up and them getting more and more frustrated. And then boom. You have no chances of winning and you're beaten down.
    Other stuff that scares me or can easily catch me by surprise is encountering things that I would've never expected, something that's not supposed to be like that. If the rival's pokémon would be like level 500 or something I would probably just stare at the screen for a while just baffled.
    And yeah, pokémon is kind of stuck with that "running around with six monster battling each other in a turn based fashion for money and glory" like CGBM said, but it doesn't mean it couldn't come up with something new. Like, bring the riding pokémon thing to a new level - just call out your skiddo and ride that. Feature multiple ridable pokémon with different abilities, one could go super fast while one could jump over cliffs. Also sidequests to make the main story last longer. I loved (and at the same time hated) the whole braille thing with the legendary golems. You'd actually have to DO something other than go from place A to B or just fight some dudes a couple of times.

EDIT: I also just realized that you can't replay the games without saving like you were able to in the previous generations, you need to reset the whole game in order to play again. That sucks and should be brought back.
    Oh, and make legendaries more special. In ORAS you could pretty much wander in a random cave and go "oh dang mewtwo", visit a shipwreck and go "oh dang ho-oh/lugia", fart around the sky and go "oh dang LIKE A 100 DIFFERENT LEGENDARIES". And by making them more special I don't mean releasing events only in Japan so it's a pain for everyone else to get them, I mean make us work for them in game. Like the golem trio.
    Last edited by UltraSound; 02-09-2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: I have a lot of things to say

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Oh, and make legendaries more special. In ORAS you could pretty much wander in a random cave and go "oh dang mewtwo", visit a shipwreck and go "oh dang ho-oh/lugia", fart around the sky and go "oh dang LIKE A 100 DIFFERENT LEGENDARIES". And by making them more special I don't mean releasing events only in Japan so it's a pain for everyone else to get them, I mean make us work for them in game. Like the golem trio.[/QUOTE]

I think legends should also have more impact on the story. They didn't really have too much of a role in Gen 1, though Mewtwo was a piece of effort to get to, not only beating the Elite but traveling through his cave without Repels, Gens 2-5 featured the legends in some more prominent and explanatory roles. Gen 6 though, the legends seemed really out of place IMO. Zygarde was just randomly in some cave in XY, and Team Flare, with no reason or purpose as to how they found or why they needed Xerneas/Yveltal, have it in their possession. It comes literally out of nowhere and the only reasoning is for its power. Like, where did you guys even FIND that thing? It just felt thrown in. Then all the legends in ORAS popping up from Hoopa's rings. No explanation about the Hoopa so those who don't have internet or anything have no idea what the rings are or what a Hoopa is. Just FREE LEGENDS FOR EVERYONE! It'd be good to work harder for them, and have them play a role in the games as well.