Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of Pokémon games

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0

Talking Future of Pokémon games

What would you like to see? What are you afraid might happen with the games? Are there some features you'd like to see introduced or welcomed back, or something you want made differently?

I would love to see more of those creepy mysteries, like the haunted apartment in Mauville Hills, Ghost girls, creepy houses...I hate them and love them at the same time!

I'd love if they brought back the ability to customize our characters. They said it was made for X and Y only since it was kind of fashion centered, but I don't see why not bring it back again, I really loved being able to look like I actually look like, in game.

I'm afraid Pokémon Amie or Super Training will be removed. I really like them. Though I'd like Amie to get a bit more useful. Sure you can evolve your Sylveon with it and with full hearts pokemon have a chance of avoiding attacks or enduring hits, but, I don't know, maybe link it with the contests or something? (They'd be at least somewhat more interesting...)

I know a lot of people didn't like that you could only catch certain pokémon at certain times of the day, but I really liked it actually, I'd like to see that happen again.

Also, please, for the love or Arceus, do not ever remove Pokeradar. I. Love. That. Thing.

How about a storyline that doesn't include me saving the World or fighting Team Whatever? I know kids probably love it, but I'm kind of fed up with being the special hero in every single game who always saves the day through friendship. This is pokémon, not MLP. :P

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I totally agree on the story line, there! I'd love to see a much deeper and more detailed plot than some team saying "destroy everyone that isn't us!" Because that really does not motivate me to play the game at all.

I did quite like the character customization except that they didn't have very much diversity except for the clothes and 3 different skin tones. I'd love to see maybe different faces, and more clothes for both genders (since the girls got way more clothes) and some more hair styles. Most of them were all straight, even the "perm". I'd love to see some actual frizzy curls!

I'd like to see more little mini quests between gym challenges. Not just going from city to city, but actually having to stop and go do something else on the way in order to make the game a little longer.

I'd like to see games more like OR/AS than XY. Or/AS was far more detailed imo and had a longer gameplay with those little side missions that actually made the game more enjoyable.
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Unconformed View Post
    more clothes for both genders (since the girls got way more clothes) and some
    You got a Pangoro hat.

I wanted that Pangoro hat.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    You got a Pangoro hat.

I wanted that Pangoro hat.
    I got the stupid Slurpuff dress, I wanted the hat D:

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Unconformed View Post
    I got the stupid Slurpuff dress, I wanted the hat D:
    That dress is seriously hideous.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 115 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    When full-dive VR gaming is created and we can actually be pokemon trainers

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    That dress is seriously hideous.
    Right? I didn't like that at all. I wouldn't have minded a dress that looked like something a person irl would wear though. Or a cute t-shirt or something.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 47 | Offers: 155 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I liked having your pokemon follow you like in heart gold and soul silver. I wish they would bring that back. I know with pokemon amie it's not really needed to interact with your pokemon but it would still be cool to see them tagging along, especially with the surperior graphics of the 3ds games.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by finch22 View Post
    I liked having your pokemon follow you like in heart gold and soul silver. I wish they would bring that back. I know with pokemon amie it's not really needed to interact with your pokemon but it would still be cool to see them tagging along, especially with the surperior graphics of the 3ds games.
    That would be neat to bring back! I think it'd be cool to have it like if you speak to them or whatever when they're following you, it'll take you to the Amie screen

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'd love a more serious and focused story. Something that feels threatening or urgent or actually important. And with some twists in the story to keep you playing and maybe make you want to really understand the plot. It feels like a lot of people don't care about the story of the games anymore and just want to beat the elite fast so they can start EV training and breeding and only care for the competitive aspects of the game. It'd also be cool if they started giving new ways to level up. Like maybe after game you can play with your Pokemon in sporting games or something and they level up that way. Something other than battling all the time. And the decision to make the games easier is a horrible decision they did with OR/AS. They admit it's easier so you can get through the game faster, and that's just not cool imo. It just feels like im charging through the game at this point. At least give us settings like in B2/W2 where you got hard, easy, and normal mode, and made hard mode actually challenging because it wasn't that hard :/

Also, would LOVE if they took out that thing that lets you see your opponent's team before a battle. WHY??? I think that is the dumbest thing ever. It adds a different approach to the battle, but it's not needed. I miss Gen 4 where you couldn't see what the other person had. It just kills the fun and surprise, seriously.

Pokemon following you is fine as long as they make it optional because I personally didn't like it in HG/SS and felt they should have let me choose if I wanted the things following me. And several Pokemon made no sense following you anyway, like giant legends or Kakuna or fish Pokemon.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by AkioEffinOak View Post
    Pokemon following you is fine as long as they make it optional because I personally didn't like it in HG/SS and felt they should have let me choose if I wanted the things following me. And several Pokemon made no sense following you anyway, like giant legends or Kakuna or fish Pokemon.
    I totally forgot about this, I loved having my pokémon follow me! I loved being able to talk to it to see how it feels in different environments and situations, sometimes being nervous, sometimes full of excitement.
    I can see how it'd be dumb to have a Wailord follow you around the region but really, pokémon doesn't really make much sense in a lot of ways so I think I could look past my fingers and have my giant whale follow me through small caves. But yeah, making it so that you could choose to have them follow you or not would be great.

I'd love a more serious and focused story. Something that feels threatening or urgent or actually important. And with some twists in the story to keep you playing and maybe make you want to really understand the plot. It feels like a lot of people don't care about the story of the games anymore and just want to beat the elite fast so they can start EV training and breeding and only care for the competitive aspects of the game.
    This.
    In HG/SS there was the part where you had to get the medicine for the Ampharos, and when I found Red for the first time I was super scared. (I don't know why really...a creepy guy you've never seen standing on top of a mountain not willing to speak wanting to battle? Does that not scare you?) But the whole storyline should be more complicated. Sure sure it's a kids game but still! Make it a bit more exciting for everyone instead of every single trainer praising you for your awesomeness.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm just dumb on this, but didn't they remove the wifi multi battle thing? You can multi battle against other players with your friend but not the NPCs at Battle Maison. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know that thing exists locally but come on! Why not wifi?

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I really enjoy the pokemon watch of gen IV, especially the step counter. I'd really like to see it implemented in later gens. I'd also like game freak to add more hairstyles similar to the mii creator of the 3DS or even dyes or wigs, especially white or pink ones. I believe doing this would reflect Japanese culture more. #otaku ftw

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I totally forgot about this, I loved having my pokémon follow me! I loved being able to talk to it to see how it feels in different environments and situations, sometimes being nervous, sometimes full of excitement.
    I can see how it'd be dumb to have a Wailord follow you around the region but really, pokémon doesn't really make much sense in a lot of ways so I think I could look past my fingers and have my giant whale follow me through small caves. But yeah, making it so that you could choose to have them follow you or not would be great.

This.
    In HG/SS there was the part where you had to get the medicine for the Ampharos, and when I found Red for the first time I was super scared. (I don't know why really...a creepy guy you've never seen standing on top of a mountain not willing to speak wanting to battle? Does that not scare you?) But the whole storyline should be more complicated. Sure sure it's a kids game but still! Make it a bit more exciting for everyone instead of every single trainer praising you for your awesomeness.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm just dumb on this, but didn't they remove the wifi multi battle thing? You can multi battle against other players with your friend but not the NPCs at Battle Maison. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know that thing exists locally but come on! Why not wifi?
    Battle Maison should still allow multi battles with NPC by my knowledge

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Battle Maison should still allow multi battles with NPC by my knowledge
    They allow you to battle with an NPC against NPCs, but if you want to battle with a friend against NPCs you have to be near them. You can't do that via wifi. (Or I just haven't been able to find a way to do that)
    I think there's a way that you can battle with a friend via wifi, but in that mode you'll be battling against other players with your friend and I'm not really keen on battling against thousands of people with legendary-only teams...

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    They allow you to battle with an NPC against NPCs, but if you want to battle with a friend against NPCs you have to be near them. You can't do that via wifi. (Or I just haven't been able to find a way to do that)
    I think there's a way that you can battle with a friend via wifi, but in that mode you'll be battling against other players with your friend and I'm not really keen on battling against thousands of people with legendary-only teams...
    oooh well, by my knowledge, you cant do it via wifi. I think it's been that way since Gen 5. In Gen 4 you could do wifi and wifi against two NPCs but i think they cut that in gen 5, so I guess it'd be the same rules for Gen 6. Never really looked into that lol. It'd be great to bring that back for sure.