Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~THE OFFICIAL POKEBAY LEAGUE~

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

~THE OFFICIAL POKEBAY LEAGUE~

~THE POKEBAY LEAGUE~
    Pokebay-League-Image.jpg
    (click to enlarge!)
    PL1.png

Hello! And welcome to the Pokebay League! A pokemon league run and kept up by all it’s members. We hope to see you challenge us!
    Here is a thread of basic information on the new and improved league.
    For further inquiries, you may contact ---
    For a list of Banned Members, League members, Badges and Hall of Fame, see the next post right here!

You Will Find In This Post:
    Gym Leaders
    Elite Four
    Champion
    Battle Rules and Restrictions
    Other Information
    Wild Cards
    Applying for Membership
    Returning Members

Gym Leaders:

The number of gym leaders is up to twelve. You can challenge them all, or, only eight of them in order to move on to the elite four.
    Each leader will focus on a type, with the exception of one wild-card that has a move of the leader’s type. In the first match you have with them, there will be NO legends allowed on either side. Mega-evolutions are allowed. If you choose to rematch them after earning their badge, they will have a stronger team and be allowed to use one legend of their typing in the battle. This is intended to be a fun and challenging rematch and won't earn any sort of standing or title within the league.

Elite Four:

Any challenger who has gained eight PokeBay League Badges is entitled to challenge the Elite Four.

This will take place just like in the game, with the exception that you may challenge in any order you like. You may NOT switch any pokemon on your team during that time. You may, however, switch items or moves that you have in your bag. If you lose a battle before the run is over (say you win two, then lose the third) you must start the run over again. To win the Elite four, you must win four consecutive battles with them. The Elite Four will also each focus on one type, with the exception of their wild-card. No legends allowed.

Champion:

After defeating every member of the Elite Four consecutively, you are now allowed to move on to the Champion! The Champion will use whatever team they choose so be prepared! If you lose to the champion, you must re-start the Elite Four challenge again. You must also use the same team you challenged the Elite Four with.
    Once you’re ready to challenge, just post it in the league thread and set up a time with the champion for the battle! If you win, simply post the results of the battle and the code to the battle video if it was saved.
    The Champion will remain in their position until defeated by a challenger, they will then step down and enter the Hall Of Fame (See post below), with the challenger taking their place as Champion.

**Important Note!**
    Defeating the champion may not automatically induct you into the league. If you are found to have detestable behavior or questionable teams, you may be prevented from ascending to champion. Instead, your name will be added into the Hall Of Fame and the Champion seat will remain empty.

Normal Battle Rules:

-Pokemon will be automatically leveled to Level fifty before the start of the battle.
    -A player's team may NOT contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number. (no teams of Rotom forms)
    -You may use any held item or berry found in XY/ORAS.

Flat Battle Rules:
    -No duplicate Pokemon or items
    -All Pokemon above level fifty will be brought down to level fifty
    -All Pokemon below fifty will retain their respective level
    -A team of six Pokemon is brought to every battle, but only four are selected during team preview in rotation, doubles, and triples. three for singles.
    -All other league rules apply.
    -All battles will be fought over WiFi using the PSS on the lower DS screen.

Ineligible Pokemon:

Legends (including Phione)
    Hacked pokemon obtained via QR code, powersaves, pokegen, AR or any other means of altering game data from an outside source. Challengers and leaders found to use hacks will be banned from the league.

Ability Restrictions:

All Pokemon abilities (including Hidden Abilities) are allowed as long as they have been released and are correct for that pokemon (No Wonder Guard Spiritomb, etc)

Other Information:

-The League member may choose the format of the battle.

-The use of external devices to alter the Pokémon is prohibited.

-A challenger or League Member must notify Sierra if they suspect a player of cheating.

-Whether or not to ban a member of the league will be up to the President along with information and input from the rest of the league.

-Anyone banned from the league may never have any involvement with it again, no matter how far in the future or who is leading it at the time.

-Leaders banned for hacking or cheating will have their badges nullified.

Wild Cards:
    Wild Cards are the exception on a team to help give them an extra oomph. It can be any pokemon, excluding legends, as long as it has at least one move matching the leader’s chosen type. Such as a rain dance Bronzong on a water team.
    The league may train as many as they like, but only ONE may be present on a league member’s team at a time. Mega-Evolutions will count as wild cards unless they share the gym's typing prior to mega-evolving; such as a a Mega-Ampharos will count as a wild-card on a Dragon team.

Applying to be a Gym Leader

To become a gym leader, all you need to do is contact us (See leaders available for rec battles below!) and have three separate trial battles with different leaders of the league. They will save the battle video and our Rec Committee will look them over to see how you did. A loss doesn't necessarily mean you won’t get it , and a win doesn't mean you will get it.
    And being the only one to complete recs for an open position won't guarantee you the spot.
    We’re looking for people of good character and attitude. How you interact with others around the site and how you speak and conduct yourself will have a direct impact on if you get the position you are trying for.

~You must be an active member of the site for at least a month~
    ~Only current and former league members are eligible to apply for Elite Four positions~

Returning to the League
    If a league member leaves of their own will, they must wait a total of two months before attempting to return to the league. At that time, they must complete three rec battles with three separate league members. They may also be required to face the champion as a fourth rec, should the champion choose to accept the rec match.

**Side note**
    The waiting periods can stack!
    Example: A member leaves the league and the site for three months. They will have met their two month waiting period. But, when they return to the site, they will still have to wait a month to abide by the one-month activity rule.

Members who have been banned from the league are never allowed to return.

See next post for Hall Of Fame, Current Members and Badge List!
    Last edited by Layton; 10-25-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Banned Users, Current Members, Badge List and Hall Of Fame.

BANNED USERS:

The users on this list may never participate in the league again under any circumstances, no matter how far in the future. They have been given a lifetime ban.
    These members have had all badges stripped from them and have been banned from ever returning to the league or challenging it. An "X" next to a user's name indicates that their badges no longer count within the league (If you have won a badge from one of these members, it will no longer go towards your badge count).
    The rules are the same for both competitors and former members.

•Ryochi X
    •Shane
    •Nick
    •David

LIST OF LEAGUE MEMBERS
    These are the people who you may battle to earn a badge. Either send them a VM, PM, or find them in the ChatBox to set up a time for a battle! Members you may contact for rec battles will be marked with: by their name.

Gym Leaders:

1. Coby (Bane)-Dark
    2. Sie (Spooky Jim)- Water
    3. Garrett (Halberd Is The Word)- Steel (please contact to reserve a specific time for battles)
    4. Damian (EmolgaBlast)- Normal
    5. Joshua (The World Warrior)- Grass
    6. Dylan (Pyromaster Dylan)- Fire
    7. Robin (Mr.Butters)- Poison
    8. Aaron (Elemental Chaos)- Ground
    9. KB ( Køga)-Ghost

Position(s) Available:
    3/12

Types available:
    Fighting
    Flying
    Electric
    Psychic
    Rock
    Ice
    Bug
    Dragon
    Fairy

Elite Four: These are who you may battle once you've earned at least 8 badges.
    1. Neko (Lord Nyx)- Dark
    2. Snowy (Astronomia)- Fire
    3. Digi (Digi TheFallen)- Normal
    4. Kyle (Father Of Peace)- Psychic

Current Champion: Chris (Crosawood)

Info Rep: Kris (Father Of Peace)
    President: Sie (Spooky Jim)
    Forum Rep: Sie (Spooky Jim)
    Rec Committee Chair: Neko (Lord Nyx)

Original Champion of the league: Cloud

Hall Of Fame:

Former Champions will be listed here as of 03-01-2015:
    Grant: November 23, 2014 --- April 19, 2015
    Chris: July 1, 2015 ---

Badges Awarded:
    Here a list will be kept track of who was won what badge (Yes, old badges still count, they just won’t be listed unless you pm them to me so I can add them for you!)

Coby:
    Garrett, Justin, Digi, crosawood, Jdunn073, Damian, Aaron

Damian:
    Justin

Robin:
    Coby, Neko, MasterKouji, Justin, Crosawood, John, Digi, Zambajazz, Jdunn073, Aaron

KB:
    Coby, Snowy, Robin, Garrett, Digi, Neko, Yoda, MrMrAnnoying, Justin, Jdunn073, tammie, Aaron,

Sie:
    Geo, akabane181716, Justin, Crosawood, Digi, Robin, MrMrAnnoying, Garrett, Jdunn073

Garrett:
    Tammie, akabane181716, Coby, Digi, Snowy, Neko, Geo, Robin, John, MrMrAnnoying, Crosawood, Justin, Jdunn073, Varis, Aaron, Geo, Crosawood

Dylan:
    Geo, Robin, Crosawood

Joshua:
    Coby, Crosawood, Geo, Snowy, Akabane181716, Digi, MrMrAnnoying, Zac, Robin, John, Justin, Zambajazz, Garrett, Kb

Aaron:
    Akabane181716,

Members on hiatus:
    These members are on a long break due to unexpected irl reasons. Their type will be reserved until they come back or when a pre-determined period of time is reached( If applicable, whichever comes first)

KB (Ghost )
    Last edited by Layton; 11-24-2015 at 11:52 PM.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This is awesome. Keep it up guys.
    ợยเςкรเlשєг
    "Success is where preparation meets opportunity."

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    With our E4 complete again, we are now looking for creative and prosperous trainers with a good battle ethic to join our team as gym leaders. If you want to apply, please inform our Rec Committee chair, Neko of your interest (or leave a comment below). Please complete 3 rec battles with any gym leader or committee member, following League rules as outlined above.

Best of luck to everyone and have fun battling!

Pres-
    Poison Type Veteran

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    You guys probably already know this but I will be applying to be a gym leader. I already did a rec battle with Joshua. I hope I do well enough to impress you guys and join your ranks.
    Last edited by Captain Cobizzle; 03-07-2015 at 02:55 AM.

PokeBay Water Type Gym Leader: Holder of the Depth Badge
    The cold, dark waters of the abyss will be your grave.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    Curious if I become a gym leader. Can I actually use bug type since an E4 member does? I am also trying to become a gym leader
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Last time I checked you can. We have a fire leader and E4 so...
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    thanks buddy cause that helps
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    --Thread Update--

There are still gym spots available. The current types available are: fairy, dragon, rock, bug, ground, electric, ice, psychic, fighting and normal (though these are subject to change). If you think you've got what it takes and haven't yet applied, please comment below or contact Neko, and complete 3 rec battles.

For those of you haven't been successful in applying, or simply not ready for a League commitment I'd highly encourage you to challenge the League. We currently have 3 people contesting the E4 with others only a couple of badges away.

Do you have what it takes to be our next champion? There's only one way to find out. We eagerly await your challenge...
    Poison Type Veteran

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Now that's creative. Makes me happy that I finally found a fandom with such an active forum

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 42 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quick update:

E4 Member Kyle the Storm had his copy of Alpha Saphire stolen today. While he owns several other games in the series including Omega Ruby, he lost many of his competitive Pokemon including his Elite Four team. He is in the process of rebuilding as quickly as possible, but asks for patience for those seeking to challenge him until he has a new team created up to the standards of the Elite Four.
    Last edited by Nekodah; 03-26-2015 at 03:02 AM.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would love to try and apply as a gym leader for the fairy type if you'll let me. ^_^

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Starrywings View Post
    I would love to try and apply as a gym leader for the fairy type if you'll let me. ^_^
    Anyone is welcome to try to be a gym leader you must've skimmed through and ignored the "Applying to be a Gym Leader" section of the original post.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Huh? But...I wasn't quite sure who to contact when trying for the rec battles. That's also why I posted here. o:

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    As you'll see in the thread, it says what all to do when doing rec battles.