Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ~THE OFFICIAL POKEBAY LEAGUE~

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Updated gym leader requirements! Make sure you check them before applying!

- - - Updated - - -

It's with a heavy heart that the league must say goodbye to one of its members today. Tammie has stepped down from her E4 position with a desire to leave the site.

To anyone currently in an E4 run: Your win against her will still count (as long as you haven't lost to anyone else yet).
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    Btw Sia, you have to update my username on the list of Gym Leaders. Sorry! ^^;

"Just because you come from a scary family doesn't mean you have to be scary too."
    Muriel, Courage The Cowardly Dog

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Just a notice: Ive changed my username. Lets update it once more please?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hey! Just a reminder for everyone that gym leader positions are available! If you are interested in the role of a gym leader, simply post here (just so we all know you're interested and can keep track of it easier) and have 3 rec battles with separate leaders.
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I am interested. Either for bug (mostly for that) or psychic (secondary). But I already had my chance and lost....until May. Hope it goes better then :|
    Last edited by Layton; 04-20-2015 at 02:23 AM.

I'm...weird. In my own, weird way.
    Weird....isn't it?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

With recent changes within the League not only do we have gym positions available, but there is no current Champion. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Grant for all his help in League proceedings and congratulate him in being our undefeated champion since November! He is the first champion to enter the hall of fame, but certainly won't be our last...

So you wanna be a master, of Pok-E-Bay!
    Do you have the skills to be Champ-E-On?

Test your skills out on the Pokebay League! Everyone can battle, but only one can become Champion...

#BeTheDifference
    Poison Type Veteran

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I've been meaning to launch my challenge for a while now, but I have a few questions first. I noticed in the OP that battles can be in singles, doubles, triples, and even rotation format. So my question is this: Who decides? Does each gym leader have a preferred battle type that I need to prepare for, or do I challenge them to my own preferred battle style? Or is it randomised somehow?

My current party is geared towards VGC Doubles, so there are gaps in coverage that I would normally not allow for singles matches. I've never even tried triples or rotation battles, so I'd need to work on that before making the decision to apply for a gym leader position. For now, I think I'll just earn some badges.
    Current Breeding Project: None
    Contact me for any of the above, before I stop being lazy and Wonder Trade them all

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inan View Post
    I've been meaning to launch my challenge for a while now, but I have a few questions first. I noticed in the OP that battles can be in singles, doubles, triples, and even rotation format. So my question is this: Who decides? Does each gym leader have a preferred battle type that I need to prepare for, or do I challenge them to my own preferred battle style? Or is it randomised somehow?

My current party is geared towards VGC Doubles, so there are gaps in coverage that I would normally not allow for singles matches. I've never even tried triples or rotation battles, so I'd need to work on that before making the decision to apply for a gym leader position. For now, I think I'll just earn some badges.
    The leaders will choose which format of the battle. And yes, each leader has their preffered battle type you have to prepare for. Also a friendly reminder, please dont spill any beans about the leaders teams so they may make the element of surprise an actual surprise. Basically, before the battle, the only knowledge you hold will be the gym's type, the format decided by the leader, and the rules (you must know of this yourself). You may not know the actual team but you will know the possible pokemon that could appear. Thank you and your welcome
    Last edited by Geo Sakuraba; 04-20-2015 at 09:35 AM.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Inan View Post

As kuro just said the leaders choose there battle format, and you don't have to use the same team for every battle with the gym leaders only when you challenge the elite 4 will you have to use the same team for each battle

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Sakuraba View Post
    The leaders will choose which format of the battle. And yes, each leader has their preffered battle type you have to prepare for. Also a friendly reminder, please dont spill any beans about the leaders teams so they may make the element of surprise an actual surprise. Basically, before the battle, the only knowledge you hold will be the gym's type, the format decided by the leader, and the rules (you must know of this yourself). You may not know the actual team but you will know the possible pokemon that could appear. Thank you and your welcome
    Well...I never expected I'd be the reason for another rule to spring up xD
    I suppose I must talk less than I usually do

Weird....isn't it?

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader7 View Post
    Well...I never expected I'd be the reason for another rule to spring up xD
    I suppose I must talk less than I usually do
    I don't think it's exactly a rule, just a preference by most. And I think that the preference was made long before you got here... Well, at least that was what I thought when I became E4.
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFlame View Post
    I don't think it's exactly a rule, just a preference by most. And I think that the preference was made long before you got here... Well, at least that was what I thought when I became E4.
    What she said is true

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFlame View Post
    Hm. I checked the whole rule table lots of times to make sure I would do nothing wrong, so sice it was a, in-talk-referred preference just called out like that, no wonder I had no idea about it
    Though I suppose it should be a rule, since the element of surprise is so important (though I doubt anyone can stop those PMs 0.o)

Weird....isn't it?

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 40 | Offers: 18 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Just a notice to all challengers and those looking for rec battles, I am probably the least active of the Leaders so if you would like a battle, please PM me and ill gladly set up a time and date for a battle. Thank you!

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Notice, until May 1st I won't be on much unless messaged due to school work. If someone wants to challenge me to an elite 4 battle either PM me or have Neko or Crosa have me come on. I should be back to normal after May 1st
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.