Thread: Brief Introduction

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Brief Introduction

By now some of you may have noticed me lurking about the place not saying anything. I'm pretty creepy like that, but now that I've actually posted something it's probably time to make myself known.

I'm new here, but I've been playing pokemon since the original games. Had a good time with Yellow, and got really into completing the pokedex when GSC came out. It took me a little while to warm up to RSE, because I didn't like the contests, but the wider variety of available pokemon types from early on made me start going through with single-type parties, hoping to be a gym leader. Emerald ended up being my favourite game. I gave up after Black/White and never got Black/White 2 because I felt the franchise had kind of jumped the shark. When ORAS came out, I couldn't resist picking it back up, and noticed that the online features had come a long way, so I started breeding competetive pokemon to participate in the online VGC tournaments.

It's been fun, and my results so far have been decidedly mediocre. Naturally, I've decided to blame the unimaginative Smogon sets I've been using rather than admit any fault in myself, and in a flash of inspiration/OCD, I decided to start breeding pokemon with movesets of my own devising. I have gone about doing this in order by pokedex number, because I'm not entirely mentally stable, and I've come here in hopes of finding missing breeding stock, because the GTS continues to be a major disappointment. I've gotten a lot of great pokemon from Wonder Trades, but that's a bit random, so here I am.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Hey, Welcome to PokeBay man.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Welcome to Pokebay! Don't be a stranger, there are many people here that can help you with whatever you may need
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Welcome to Pokebay! I myself am a vgc player, so if you have any VGC questions or questions on the site, feel free to let me know!
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Welcome to Pokebay! I myself am a vgc player, so if you have any VGC questions or questions on the site, feel free to let me know!
    Thanks. Good to know there are others around with similar interests. My current breeding project is a Belly Drum Mega-Charizard X that I wanted to partner with a Heal Pulse Lucario for the upcoming Dragon-type tournament. Any suggestions to round out the party? I've had some success in the past with a Dual Screens Metagross and Sylveon, but I'm always looking to improve.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 10
    If you are into Mono-type teams, please check out the official Pokebay League! We're always looking for new challengers and are always willing to help out anybody.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Garreth View Post
    If you are into Mono-type teams, please check out the official Pokebay League! We're always looking for new challengers and are always willing to help out anybody.
    That was one of the first things I noticed when I started to explore the wider community here at PokeBay. Believe me, I will be coming after you at some point.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Belly drum charizard x is interesting. Especially in vgc. I actually used a charizard x at missouri regionals. I did alright, going 6-3 and finishing in 46th out of about 300 people. It really catches opponents off guard as they expect charizard y. I like the heal pulse idea, maybe to set up belly drum have a fast fake out user and/or redirection (rage powder or follow me). I don't have any specific pokemon recommendations except users of those. I would start out using the more common pokemon, then once you fill their roles you can start using more obscure stuff. I would also recommend some speed control (icy wind, tailwind, thunder wave), so once you set up belly drum, you can outspeed and KO things. Anyhow, best of luck in VGC and taking on the league
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The idea behind the Heal Pulse Lucario was to have it as close to Charizard's Speed as possible, so that Charizard would use Belly Drum and then immediately be healed by Lucario. No lag, no need for fake out or follow me. Having said that, I've been torn between Follow Me in one of Lucario's moveslots, or Poison Jab to take out pesky Fairy-types. I'll definitely take the Speed control into consideration, thanks.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would go for the follow me as redirection is essential and poison jab doesn't do enough damage to KO some of the bulkier fairy types out there. A flare blitz/other fire move from charizard at +6 can take out the fairies. just my opinion, test out what you like and see what works