Thread: Why so fast Camerupt

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Why so fast Camerupt

Today I played my first online double battle in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. My Pokemon were Kadabra Haunter Crobat and Sceptile.
    My opponent had this Mega Camerupt that stroke first 6 times in a row. I mean, how is that possible?? All these eruptions destroyed me! Is it possible that a quick claw was activated all thesr times or just opponent had an AR born Camerupt?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 131 | Offers: 170 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Did your opponent used Trick Room ? If he/she does, that's the reason why the Camerupt always attack first.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 51 | Offers: 147 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Seeing as Mega Camerupt is crazy slow. Did he have Trick Room going?
    Edit: Ninja'd by 5s

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    The only way Mega Camerupt can outspeed is when Trick Room is up or if it had a Choice Scarf instead of the Mega Stone. It was most likely the Trick Room the others mentioned.

But, it depends on the situation though, like the levels (If the Camerupt was at Lv. 50 and your Pokémon below Lv. 50, although this can be rare), EV training, and others.
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Also, Tailwind will affect the speed of the entire party.
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't think Tailwind would give that much speed. Had to be trick room IMO
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Oh boy how silly I feel right now. Yes, it used trick room. Thanks for reminding me guys.But since I haven't seen this move since when playing Diamond back in 2008 (that makes it 7 years or something?) and staying on a hiatus from pokemon since HSSS, I had totally forgotten what it does. I thought it was something about abilities mess up xD
    Now I see why my team - all high speeders with awful defences and hoping to attack first but now have to attack last - where so badly obliterared.