Thread: Competitive team help.

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Competitive team help.

Hi I am planning on getting into competitive Pokemon here pretty soon, but I am not sure what to add to my team, and any help would be much appreciated.

Team:

Venasaur: I plan to use him as a toxic wall and as my mega, as thick fat weakens his 2 biggest weaknesses.
    Chandelure: My major special sweeper, his ghost\fire type was really needed for me for balance and type coverage.
    Skarmory: My Hazard pokemon, It already knows stealth rock, and I plan on teaching it Roost and Whirlwind
    Im able to put 3 more pokemon on my team (trying to keep up with OU Smogon here.) I need a Physical Sweeper and something else. also, if you could give solid reasons/builds/etc on why a pokemon is good would work too.

thanks again guys, the help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by DeepFriedwater; 03-21-2015 at 04:06 PM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You already have a tank grass, a special with fire and a flying with nice potential. IMO, since you already have type advantage over water, grass, poison, coverage is also required for fire (because Mega Veno is reliable but he can't carry the whole team even though Chandelure is fine with it) so I suggest a water and ground pokemon so it also has no weakness against electricity. Chandelure is there to counter its weakness, grass. IMO Swampert is a great choice for this. There's also Quagsire and Whiscash butbI believe Swampert rules over the two. His earthquake is neat I believe.

Then I would suggest a dark Pokemon for covering Venusaur's weakness to Psychic. What I only have in mind is Umbreon but I would better stick to a faster one.

Mt team is only fast hazard guys (Crobat, Electrode, Alakazam, Sceptile) and that's probably why I keep losing to sturdy pokemon But I believe these guys are neat first level interceptors xD

Anyway my sole advice is the addition of Swampert. Someone else might have better and more advice to share but I just wanted to express my personal opinion

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Weavile makes for a pretty decent physical sweeper. He's fast, has good physical attack, has a safe switch-in against the psychic types that threaten your Venusaur, and can use STAB Pursuit to punish them as they try to switch out. His speed and priority Ice Shard can tear up those nasty Garchomps and other things in the OU tier with a 4x weakness to Ice, as well as threatening the Flying-types that can harm your Mega-Venusaur. His serious weakness to fighting type moves will just make it easier to predict a safe switch-in for Candelure, and his other weaknesses to fire, rock and fairy are checked by pokemon you already have, or by the Swampert mentioned above. He IS a little fragile otherwise, but with your party, I think his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

With your final slot, I'm not entirely sure what to suggest. Probably either Cleric support (Chansey/Blissey with Wish and Heal Bell), or a Rapid Spinner so you don't have hazards used against you. I use Donphan in that role, but it's generally not considered worthy of the OU tier. Starmie and Tentacruel are popular, but I'd probably suggest Excadrill. His typing means he won't be poisoned by Toxic Spikes, will shrug off Stealth Rock, and gives you some solid offensive moves for when you don't need him to spin. His Def/SpD aren't great, but he has good HP, and he can always set up a Substitute, or you could breed in Iron Defense. He can also learn Shadow Claw from TM, which can be a nasty surprise for spin-blockers.
    Current Breeding Project: None
    Contact me for any of the above, before I stop being lazy and Wonder Trade them all