Thread: Retirement From PokeBay:

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Retirement From PokeBay:

EDIT: I've had some time to reflect on my retirement, and to be honest I'm revoking my retirement. You see, I can't explain it in a way that would really make sense, but after I've left I have felt a kind of emptiness like something is missing and a slight bit of regret for leaving. So if possible I'd like to come back and maybe even start mending any of the relationships that may have been broken in the process of any of my actions.

So if one of the Super Mods could kindly close this thread, as it's now kinda misleading, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks.
    Last edited by The Kiwi Dragon; 04-03-2015 at 11:22 PM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    What do you mean there's nothing left for you here...?
    Anyway...It's really sad seeing you go after all these years, but I truly understand that you want to focus on your job. Life's busy for us all, but I'm glad if you still come to see us from time to time.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    What do you mean there's nothing left for you here...?
    Anyway...It's really sad seeing you go after all these years, but I truly understand that you want to focus on your job. Life's busy for us all, but I'm glad if you still come to see us from time to time.
    I just don't feel like there is any reason to be here anymore, that and I no longer feel welcome.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by XTERMIN8OR View Post
    I just don't feel like there is any reason to be here anymore, that and I no longer feel welcome.
    I can understand not feeling welcome after everything, but you shouldn't let that turn you away. There'll always be people that won't like you, but there will always be people that do like you. :3 But if you feel pointless being around here, good luck with your job and whatever you may do in the future. I hope to hear from you at some point.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's not that it's pointless. This place has been my home for a long time after all. But it's just why be here if you don't feel welcome in your own home?

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Like you said, people come, people go. And you never feel too welcome after a fight. But it'll get better.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Well, since it was just the two of you who are saying goodbye I thought I'd walk by and wish you luck on real life seeing that you're leaving here. So here's what I wanted to say, "Farewell Nick, I do hope you have a good life out there on your own and you did have a good run here. Good luck out there mate!" But seriously man, good luck.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I am truly sorry to see you go, and I do hope you'll come back to visit us.

I wish you all the best with your new job.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 197 | Offers: 306 | Wishlist Items: 39 | Wishlist Offers: 29 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You probably won't read this, but good luck with your future endeavours, Nick
    Your Friendly neighbourhood Pory... *Yawn* Zzz.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Nick,

Goodbye. Though you have made some mistakes, I wish to thank you for your commitment and service to this site. You've always been great to me, and we have many good memories together, from league talks to the World Championships. I suppose there is a season for everything, and it's time to move on to the next chapter of your life. Take everything you have learned, and apply it to your life. I will probably keep in touch with you on Twitter. I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors.

Grant
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Even though we don't know each other very well, but it's nice to have met you, so good luck Nick, and take care of Georgie. :3
    P.s I know the feeling Nick...

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Things happen for a reason honey. We can leave this place together now. I love you.
    May 6th 2013. <3. Always!

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    An update regarding my retirement, along with what's changed.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.