Thread: How to check for hacks in ORAS?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 82 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

How to check for hacks in ORAS?

I probably already know the answer to this. I know it's cloned bc the same guy put another one back up on the GTS. It is a shiny 6th gen reshiram. Lvl 100, it says he met it in Fable Cave, at lvl 50, but it has 6 perfect IVs. THAT made me suspicious. The OT and ID No. Are Rishi, 32128. It doesnt have any ribbons, but i wanted to know if there was a way to check legitimacy in ORAS if it is hacked then if someone would trade a legit/cloned one for mine then that would be great. Just wondering. Thanks in advance!

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It very well couldn't be hacked, though it most likely is. There are a few tests, if it can be put in Pokebank and passes the memory girl check then it might be hacked, but it is good enough to be indistinguishable from a real one.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 82 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    wait, if it passes both of those then it might be a hack? or it might not? and what does the memory girl have to say for it to be a hack?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    There is no sure-fire way to tell if a Pokemon is hacked if it's a well-made hack. If it passes both, it's either legit or so well-hacked that it can't be told apart from real ones. Those hack-checks weed out things like illegal IVs or moves, but it may let something through that's hacked, though the hack would look exactly like a legit one.

The memory girl would say "it has a good memory, but can't seem to remember" or something like that
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 82 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    okie doke Thanks Grant!

It was a hack -.- as was another shiny legend of mine that I got recently ;-;
    Last edited by Katarina; 04-01-2015 at 01:25 AM.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Justin is really good at spotting hacks actually. You could probably pm him the details of le questionable pokes and ask him about it ^^
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 82 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    okies thank you!