Thread: The Doduo Cup!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

The Doduo Cup!

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce the Doduo Cup! I apologize that this post is delayed, but it will be a go!

(If you have already signed up, please sign up here again. I apologize for the inconvenience, but please post a simple message of who your partner will be and your team name. If you haven't signed up, find a partner, and comment your team name below!

The tournament will start April 4th at 12:00 AM Eastern Time, so mark your calenders!

For the sake of clarity, a team refers to the 12 collective Pokemon brought by group members. A party refers to the 6 Pokemon each individual brings. (i.e. My 6 Pokemon are a party, but the team includes my partner's six as well)

The rules will be as follows:
    -All battles will be carried out over the PSS. These are to be 4 player multi battles with normal rules!
    -No 2 Pokemon that share the same National Pokedex Number may be on the same TEAM. So you and your partner must bring 12 different Pokemon.
    -No 2 of the same item may be in a party, however you may use an item that your partner has. (i.e. I cannot have a greninja and talonflame with life orb, but I can have a greninja with life orb and my partner can have a Garchomp with one)
    -No legendaries allowed, in addition to any of their forms (this includes Phione).
    -All Pokemon will be set to level 50.
    -The use of hacked Pokemon is forbidden. If you suspect a player is using a hacked Pokemon, make me aware immediately. This includes Pokegen, Action Replay, Powersaves, QR codes, Pkhex, or any other Pokemon not found entirely in the game (including hacked to be shiny). If caught, your team will be disqualified from the tournament.
    -If a disconnection is to occur, it is up to the players on how to approach it. All must agree. Please do not purposely disconnect.
    -There is to be no changing of teams between rounds. This includes items, Pokemon, and moves. The 12 your team brings to round 1 are the 12 that will be used for the duration of the tournament.
    -Please send all battle codes to me by PM or VM, in addition to the winning team.
    -This tournament is for fun, so please use etiquette, and do not be disrespectful.
    -Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in disqualification of your team.

This tournament will follow a round-robin format. Each team will battle each team until all teams have battled each other. You may only battle a certain team once. For each win, your team will earn a point. After all the rounds are complete, the team with the most points wins.

Prizes:

Shiny Sunkern and Shiny Dunsparce with MEGA STONES! That's right... MEGA STONES! Don't believe me? I promise you they'll come holding their mega stones.

Entries:
    Masters of the Force - Coby and Yoda
    The Brothers Grimm - KB and Robin
    The Hero Society - Alex and Neko
    The Devious Duo - Yur and Chris
    Ultima Hallowed Guardians - Laboaka and Darkaiser

Standings:
    Masters of the Force:
    The Brothers Grimm:
    The Hero Society:
    The Devious Duo
    Ultima Hallowed Guardians:

Please sign up in the comments section below.

Thanks!

~Grant
    Last edited by Velocity; 04-07-2015 at 04:09 AM.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    Master Yoda and I will compete in it under the name Masters of the Force.

PokeBay Water Type Gym Leader: Holder of the Depth Badge
    The cold, dark waters of the abyss will be your grave.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    Robin and I, we're The Brothers Grimm~

"Just because you come from a scary family doesn't mean you have to be scary too."
    Muriel, Courage The Cowardly Dog

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Neko and I shall be The Hero Society
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The Devious Duo are joining this tourney! Me and Crosawood

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I am part of the Ultima Hallowed Bastionaires and I am in for the tourney on my part, but I am not sure about my teammate, Zephyr Geo. In case he is not able to participate, can I change my partner and by extension my team, in order to participate?

----Update----

I got my confirmation from Geo and it seems like he is backing out. However, I got a new teammate in a good friend of mine who recently joined the Pokebay forums, if it's ok with the rules. His name is Darkaiser and we will be the Ultima Hallowed Guardians.
    Last edited by laboaka; 04-02-2015 at 02:47 PM.

My partners...The ones who carried me across all these years of my Pokemon time...And wouldn't change for any other team!

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hey there everyone. Darkaiser here, good friend of Laboaka. If it's ok, I would like to be his teammate in this tournament and be a team. I hope we all have a good match.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Today is the last day for sign ups before the tournament starts at midnight eastern time! Thanks for all the participation, and it's not too late to find a partner and join. More info to come with the start of the tourney tonight.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'd be interested in competing now I have some time on my hands. If I can find a partner that is.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    To all those competing, this is a few hours early but the tournament has begun! Best of luck to all and please review the rules. I won't be imposing a time limit but if your team doesn't do any battles for a while, then you will be penalized. Aim for one battle every 2 or 3 days and PM me the result. I'll create a spreadsheet once battles begin and I have access to an actual computer. You can battle other teams in any order you wish, and you can contact them via PM or VM. This thread will be the source of updates; I wont be making a group for this tournament.

Thanks and good luck!

~Grant

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I will begin imposing time limits if battles do not occur. It's been 3 days and nothing has happened. Please contact your partners and opponents.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Okay I get people are busy and the time zones conflict, but its been 4 days with no battles. The previous tag tournament did not experience this sort of thing. I am ending this tournament as there is little to no interest in it. If battles begin occurring I will restart it, but I see no use if nobody is completing any battles. There are probably some actually making efforts to battle, but others do not care. For future tournaments, please only sign up if you are committed to actually conpeting. Thank you,

Grant

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Grant I'm sorry I've wanted to battle but I was very busy and then very sick. I'm sure people still want to battle. Maybe some people just forgot?
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    I've tried finding someone to battle when Yoda's online but when it seems like when one team is online there isn't another one that is.
    Last edited by Captain Cobizzle; 04-08-2015 at 03:55 PM.

PokeBay Water Type Gym Leader: Holder of the Depth Badge
    The cold, dark waters of the abyss will be your grave.