Thread: Scizor so non-functioning

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Scizor so non-functioning

I'm starting to believe that getting a Scizor was a mistake. So far he has been totally useless in battles, a constant OHKO, and he's even so slow that only bullet punch is the move he might get to land before fainting. Here are his characteristics:

Adamant
    Technician
    Moves:
    Bullet Punch
    Roost
    Aerial Ace
    X-Scissor
    EV: 252 Hp, 200 Atk, 56 Def
    Item: Occa berry (because with choice band he never survives and everyone has fire moves)

So....anyone have an idea over what to do with him, so he becomes useful? Or he's as good as gone.
    Any
    Last edited by Crusader7; 04-06-2015 at 11:33 PM.

I'm...weird. In my own, weird way.
    Weird....isn't it?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    Don't give it an Occa Berry. It's Bullet Punch should be really powerful. Equip it with a Choice Band, Life Orb, or Scizorite.

PokeBay Water Type Gym Leader: Holder of the Depth Badge
    The cold, dark waters of the abyss will be your grave.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Coby-Wan Kenobi View Post
    Don't give it an Occa Berry. It's Bullet Punch should be really powerful. Equip it with a Choice Band, Life Orb, or Scizorite.
    But still. His Bullet Punch is strong. Gets a bit stronger with band. Be he still can't survive the second round in field. I don't know, I'll stick with band (wrote scarf accidentally before ) but I don't have big expectations from him anymore.

Weird....isn't it?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You can't just make a pokemon useful like that. No matter how many ideas people give you, which I encourage the help if you're having problems with it, it won't guarantee it'll be as helpful for you as it has been for others. Set situations in battles always change. You're never guaranteed anything in the battlefield. Its IVs might totally suck or something. You should try looking at what's wrong with it and work on covering that. For example, if it's slow, maybe Band it, or Quick Claw, or test it in doubles with a Trick Room pokemon who is also slow. Look at its strong points and try to build off of that. If it hits hard, give it some item to make it hit harder. It it dies fast, maybe there is a way to make it more defensive. Berries that block its weakness. But no one can MAKE it useful. Everyone has different results.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well, it's just that every Scizor I've seen beats down lots, while mine is so....faling behind in schedule. So since so many guys work with Scizor fine, I was trying to check what's wrong with him. He's supposed to be my physical tank, and he dies faster than Greninja. I mean sure Fire Fang is double super effective on him, but if half pokemon i face have fire fang, which they do so far , otherwise flamethrower, flare blitz, incinerate, fire blast, overheat (just mentioning six moves that OHKOed my scizor and the pokemon that used them were so non predictable as fire users, like flamethrower zoroark) then it's so hard to keep up for him.

Weird....isn't it?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    well that's what I said. Every situation changes. If you're facing fire moves you should expect you're gonna get your butt kicked. It's half bug/steel. You need to know when to retreat, switch, when to send it out. You can't just send out a pokemon at any given time. The entire battle, from the moves, to predicting your opponent, to retreat, all means something. You need to be aware of what moves your opponent's pokemon is capable of learning. There's a TON to learn about battling other than seeing others succeed with a pokemon and thinking you'll get the same results. It's not that simple at all. It never will be. You need to be much more original and well thought out to succeed. I think that's one of your errors.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 52 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would find the niche you want scizor to fill on your team and build off that. If you want it to be a defensive tank, then expand on that. If it isn't working, there may be a pokemon to better fill the spot. You mentioned others' scizor are picking up many knockouts. If yours is a physical tank, then picking up KOs isn't its job.
    Former Champion of the Official Pokebay League. November 23, 2014 to April 19, 2015
    VGC Battler, Won 2 Premier Challenges, Top 64 MO and MA Regionals

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    I would find the niche you want scizor to fill on your team and build off that. If you want it to be a defensive tank, then expand on that. If it isn't working, there may be a pokemon to better fill the spot. You mentioned others' scizor are picking up many knockouts. If yours is a physical tank, then picking up KOs isn't its job.
    Don't really care about KOs. For that I got so many full attackers, like Gengar, Alakazam and Greninja. When I spoke of beats, I meant that Scizors usually provide a nice wall to physical beasts. Yesterday a guy sends out Mega Kanghaskan, so in order not to start losing my terrible in defense Alakazam, I switch with Scizor, believing he will fake out or anything that Scizor would absorb easily. Nope. Guy had predicted it and fire punched. He would have survived, but Parental Bond is unforgiving. RIP Scizor. I mean, these fire moves are so common, I only expect him to survive against physical grass pokemon. Anyway I'll try see what else to do with him. I mean, I really like Scizor, but so far I haven't found his secret
    Last edited by Crusader7; 04-07-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Weird....isn't it?

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 47 | Offers: 155 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Have you considered teaching it u-turn and having it as your lead pokemon. Dish out some damage then bring out something with a type advantage or strong defense. Or even just having it as a quick escape if it survives those surprise fire moves.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by finch22 View Post
    Have you considered teaching it u-turn and having it as your lead pokemon. Dish out some damage then bring out something with a type advantage or strong defense. Or even just having it as a quick escape if it survives those surprise fire moves.
    Well, yesterday, after checking several tips, I taught him U-Turn in place of X-Scissor. It certainly is useful, and I've noticed that whether he manages to survive from the first attack, he remains with low HP and just lands a Bullet Punch. Unless opponent is too attack reliable and non-fire dependant, so Scizor might get a roost to provide him with extra turns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Would Assault Vest also be useful on my Scizor? Or I should just stick with Choice Band?
    Last edited by Crusader7; 04-07-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Weird....isn't it?