Thread: advice on my team

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

advice on my team

Blastoise (female)
    5IV-atk
    252evs:Sp.atk/sp.def
    Modest
    @assault vest
    Torrent
    Moves: scald, aura sphere, ice beam, rapid spin

Infernape (male)
    5IV -Sp. Atk
    252evs- atk+speed
    Jolly
    @expert belt (replace razor claw)
    Iron fist
    Moves: mach punch, fire punch, thunder punch and power-up punch (replace bluk up)

Gliscor (female)
    5IV -HP
    252evs- atk+speed
    Impish
    @toxic orb
    Poison heal
    Moves : earthquake, protect (replace substitute), roost (replace toxic), swords Dance

Dragonite (female)
    5IV -sp. Atk
    252 evs- atk+ speed
    Adamant
    @weakness policy
    Multiscale
    Moves: dragon dance,dragon tail ( replace iron tail) fire punch (replace aqua jet), extreme speed

Pikachu (male)
    6IV
    252evs-atk/speed
    Adamant
    @light orb
    Lighting rod
    Moves: iron tail, volt tackle, mega kick, dynamic punch

Gardevoir (female)
    5IVs-atk
    252evs-speed+sp.atk
    Timid
    @gardevoirite
    Trace ---->pixilate
    Moves: hyper beam (replace hyper voice), focus blast, shadow Ball, calm mind (replace thunderbolt)
    Last edited by Sir-Integra; 04-08-2015 at 12:41 PM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I will only throw a hint of advice about Gardevoir. As Mega, her Hyper Voice climbs from 90 to 117 by pixilate, then to 170 approximately with STAB. Thunderbolt goes to 180 with supereffective. But imo, having a Pikachu and an electric move on your Gardevoir is exaggerating. Plus, it's certain that it won't OHKO Azumarill or Crobat that cab be threats to Gardevoir. ShadowBall covers for most threats fine. On my Gardevoir I have taught Hyper Beam. Which, due to Pixilate effect and STAB, rises to 290 power without supereffectives. Can OHKO opponents like Drapion easily. It certainly leaves your Gardevoir off guard, but in double battles a proper teammate can save and help her sweep even further. Because by her EVs and Nature I suppose you want her to destroy big threats easily. No need for Spiritomb, they can be OHKOed with Hyper Voice with a supereffective power of 340. But other threats like Tyranitar whose s.def varies, a Tyranitar might surprise you by staying alive and OHKOing you easily due to Gardevoir's def. A Hyper Beam, though, Can ensure that Tyranitar will faint even if he happened (very rare though) to carry a berry that weakens fairy moves. And obviously, Mega Tyranitar is no exception.

That's just my opinion about one of your pokemon and obviously I am no pro. But once I saw Gardevoir, I couldn't help but comment xD

Hope that helps in anyway.
    Last edited by Crusader7; 04-08-2015 at 09:25 AM.

I'm...weird. In my own, weird way.
    Weird....isn't it?

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    I quite like this team. I don't really know much about Blastoise but maybe her EVs should be spread across HP, Special Attack and Special Defense. Like maybe 204 HP, 252 Special Attack and 48 special Defense. You've stuck the AV on her so maybe moving the EVs will make her last longer.

Infernape is quite nice. But I personally think that you should get rid of Bulk Up for Close Combat and stick a choice band on him.

Gliscor looks fine too me, but maybe see if you can get a Gliscor with 5IV missing special attack. Also with swords dance you could run Baton Pass over Toxic. It's a very nice strat but it's used a lot so people will be prepared for it.

One thing I've noticed about the Dragonite is that it doesn't have a STAB move like Dragon Claw. I would get rid of Aqua Jet for Dragon Claw and maybe see about giving her Fire Punch over Iron Tail. It'll be a good counter over steel types.

Pikachu is a fun Pokemon but I must admit it gets outshone by so many other great electric types. Even Raichu. However if you're deadset on using Pikachu then I would recommend a Naive nature. Toy around with moves like Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Volt Switch instead of moves that have horrendous accuracy or recoil. Or maybe try and get a decent IV Contest Pikachu and play around with movesets for that. (Psst Pikachu Belle is where its at )

Finally that Gardevoir looks fine but like Mr Crusader said having thunderbolt on it is a little unnecessary. I would either go for Hyper Beam or Calm Mind to sky rocket her special attack and special Defense.