Thread: Breeding for HA

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Breeding for HA

Can you breed for hidden abliities without having a ha Pokemon or do you have to have one to get more?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    You must have either a male or female HA Pokemon with you in order to get more HA offspring. The easiest way when you get the HA parent is breeding with a Ditto.
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Thanks for the info!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Very important. Male HA pokemon can only produce a HA off spring while breeding with a Ditto
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle The Storm View Post
    Very important. Male HA pokemon can only produce a HA off spring while breeding with a Ditto
    I'm pretty sure females can pass the ability when bred with a Ditto as well. I think that is a new mechanic that was added the new gen...? I may be wrong though, so don't quote me on that.
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyFlame View Post
    I'm pretty sure females can pass the ability when bred with a Ditto as well. I think that is a new mechanic that was added the new gen...? I may be wrong though, so don't quote me on that.
    I can verify that. There's about a 60% chance that the female will pass on her ability to the offspring, even when bred with a ditto. This goes up to 80% if the father has the same ability. I notice an increase in likelihood of passing down the HA when breeding with an Imposter Ditto (up to about that same 80%), but I can't say for certain that there's an actual difference there.
    Current Breeding Project: None
    Contact me for any of the above, before I stop being lazy and Wonder Trade them all

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Thanks so far all i have hatched have the hidden ability!

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i want a baulbisaur what do u want?