Thread: My Pokemon Yellow Journey

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11

My Pokemon Yellow Journey

Hello..

I see this forum has been a bit inactive. Anyway recently I got a Gameboy Color given to me and it had Pokemom Yellow with it. I've been playing it for around 15 hours now and I'm at Route 25. My current team is Clefairy, Ivysaur, Spearow, Pikachu and Nidorino. I have a Charmander in the box that I'll surely be adding to my team after I beat Misty.

It completely blew over my mind that you get the 3 Kanto starters in Yellow and this made me happy. It also makes me happy that the game is significantly harder than the newer games. I get tired of breeding, shiny hunting and sometimes battling.

I'm hoping to get Blue, Silver and Crystal when I get the money. Maybe even a Gameboy Advance someday.

What's your favourite old game and why do you like it?

{what a long post for my first.. lol}
    -Mother Murder

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 47 | Offers: 155 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yellow was my favorite. The graphics on the new games are so incredible compared to the old ones but your right, the new games are way to easy. The Pokemon creators said they made the games easier because people have less time these days. But who wants to beat it so quickly, that's no fun. I wish you could choose the difficulty of the game. Gyms are so easy to beat now. I remember when I use to have to go train before a gym, now if u just do the right type match up you can win with one Pokemon and it doesn't even have to be a much higher level. I still love Pokemon but I miss the challenge of the old games.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    Yes the graphics are good! Kinda sucks that I have to find light so I can see my gameboy screen haha! and I liked that feature back when Black and White 2 introduced it. I don't get why they didn't carry it on.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Emerald for sure. Hell I know I'm biased toward it, as it was my first game but I can come back to it time after time and I never get bored. But in general all Gen 3 games are great. It's the only Gen I've bought all main games because I love them all. Also it's kinda handy in certain situations, for example my good friend has never got her hands on an actual Pokemon game but I'm letting her borrow Sapphire and Leafgreen so she can experience them the proper way, GBA Cartridges on either a GBA or DS.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    I found the gen 3 hoenn games hard so I kinda gave up with them but I'll try to complete it when I get it xD And that's nice of you to do that ^.^ I never realised but apparently you can fish for Pokemon in Misty's gym?? I don't have the rod yet to try but I will when I do!

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Murder View Post
    I found the gen 3 hoenn games hard so I kinda gave up with them but I'll try to complete it when I get it xD And that's nice of you to do that ^.^ I never realised but apparently you can fish for Pokemon in Misty's gym?? I don't have the rod yet to try but I will when I do!
    You should try giving them another shot I reckon. And yeah I reckon she'll love them. You can do that? I never knew. See if I can try that for myself now in a minute!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    I've been referring to the guide on Bulbapedia and it say you can haha xD

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    I'll have to say, the older games were an actual challenge. I should find my old GBA...

Anyways, I really loved Pokemon Red. That's the very first video game I ever touched. I used to always take Blastoise but now I use Charizard xP But I still like Blastoise even though I dont really use it that much. And oh man... I never really DID finish it because I never found Surf xD It brings back so many memories. Wishing you had a game cable to play with whoever else has the same game and dreaming of challenging an actual person <.> But that is really my favorite and im proud im still a trainer up to this day.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    I actually still have Yellow file that I started like 2 years ago. It was my first Pokémon game and still one of my faves to date. Having Pikachu follow you, getting the 3 starters and having Jessie and James in it were all so great! Back when Misty was difficult to beat and Articuno almost made me fling my GB out the window. Good times xx
    Poison Type Veteran