Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokecheck.org

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's a hack if you mess with the Pokemon's data. If you're literally just copying it distributing it, therefor, it is a clone

Sting Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Won't it be funny, if Nintendo was actually using Pokecheck to make events?
    lol

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu146 View Post
    It's a hack if you mess with the Pokemon's data. If you're literally just copying it distributing it, therefor, it is a clone

It's almost like me making a copy of a "limited time only" movie and giving it just handing out copies. In America, that is illegal. It's called piracy.

Hack, Clone, Data change, Re-distribution, whatever you'd like to call it, as long as it's not from Nintendo/GameFreak, it's not legitimate

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    People's definition of legal and legit Pokemon vary because people's views on what is right and wrong varies.

Typically though:

* Legal (Valid) Pokemon are able to exist naturally in the game without the use of external devices.
    * Illegal Pokemon are not able to exist naturally in the game without the use of external devices.
    * Legitimate (Legit) Pokemon are created without the use of external devices. Because all of these Pokemon are also able to exist naturally in the game, legitimate Pokemon are a subset of legal Pokemon.

Under this rule set cloning (which uses an external device) would produce a legal Pokemon but not legitimate Pokemon (assuming the original Pokemon was at least a legal Pokemon). It doesn't matter if Nintendo events are essentially clones because official distributions by Nintendo are legit no matter what they do. Though I do know not all Event Pokemon from Nintendo are clones.

That said a large number of people, which obviously include DejaVu, believe clones to be legit, which is fine by me. It's their game they have to be happy with it. I know if I received a clone and I didn't know it was a clone I would be fine with it. It's just that personally I don't clone.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I concur Gaming Master 2000. Thank you for emphasizing the standard definitions of pokemon legitimacy.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 113 | Offers: 251 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    I concur Gaming Master 2000. Thank you for emphasizing the standard definitions of pokemon legitimacy.
    REALLY LEGITS ARE AWESOME

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yup. Like, there's no pride in saying "Oh yeah I have a shiny _________, but it's hacked." It's not special if just anyone can get it by typing in a few 1s and 0s.