Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokecheck.org

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Pokecheck.org

So here's the debate. If you receive Pokemon on Pokecheker.org, are they legit or not?

Let the debate begin lol

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 113 | Offers: 251 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    sometimes

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 63 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Always since that one ribbon cannot be obtained fairly

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 24 | Wishlist Items: 35 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    *note: this is an opinion*

Nope, if u get Pokemon from anything non-affiliated or confirmed with Nintendo it is not legit. Confirmed game store giveaways, legit trades, wi-fi events are legitimate.

Taking non-issued events are fake. It's just a way of reproducing Pokemon again. In my opinion, this removes the fun and hype of catching all the Pokemon in the world legitimately.

My legit definition is a Pokemon released by Nintendo, released via real life events/game shop giveaways/wi-fi events/etc.
    Not downloading them off sites.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Completely agree with the Dr. here. Anything generated by an outside (unofficial) source is considered illegitimate and fake.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 159 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Of course there fake, if you get a pokemon from a website and not from your game or from a WiFi event there fake.
    “The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.”
    ― Lelouch Vi Britannia

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    The Pokemon aren't from the actual site guys. The Pokemon are from the D/P/Pl/HG/SS/B/W (you should know what these are?) games themselves. The reason why we upload them to this site is to Check Iv's, Evs and legitness. Then we share our Pokemon. Even the users of Pokecheck HATE hackers and we are trying to cut down in the number of hacked Pokemon! Also it's impossible to get event Pokemon on to Pokecheck because they have a ribbon. And there is a way to get the Pokemon without the ribbon.
    *insert opinion below*
    I think that Pokecheck is a great site if you use it properly. And that means reading FAQ. Some people off here don't even know how to get on Pokecheck so they are blaming it. It's not Pokechecks fault it's the trainers that are stupid enough to put hacked pokemon onto there.
    There are some great Pokemon on there and it's a good way to fill your pokedex. Need I say anymore????

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    True. Its just like copying and pasting, which essentially is what a Nintendo event is

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't know much about pokecheck (in fact this is the first time I've heard about it) but copying and pasting is just cloning a Pokemon and while it would be a legal Pokemon I'm fairly sure it's not a legit Pokemon. Pokemon from Nintendo events (I think) still have original secret ids (or sid) so they are original Pokemon. Cloned Pokemon have the same sid.

I certainly prefer original Pokemon not cloned Pokemon, but I have nothing against people who want them or just don't care (when I was younger I didn't care about cloned/hacked etc.).

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Look ^^ The Pokemon from events cannot be posted up there. There is a way to put an event up there but it's rare that you get an event on there. Pokecheck isn't a bad site. Well it is if your against cloning. But have you ever wanted a Pokemon and nobody has it or you don't know where the hell it is? Pokecheck can help. And it helped me cuz I love breeding and I just get loads of parents and just breed them. The eggs however are legit. Also it's a good way to check if your Pokemon is flawless. And it's great for finding out if the Pokemon is hacked or not. Because recently I obtained a shiny Mesprit. The person told me it was legit but Pokecheck told me its hacked. And as soon as I put it up there I deleted it. Why? Because Pokecheck doesn't like hacks. I might sound like I'm repeating myself but I just want to get my point across. And yeah technically its copying a legit Pokemon and pasting a Legit Pokemon!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Right here is what I've got to say in the matter..... (personal opinion, please take no offence)

PokeCheck: For checking IVs/SID/EVs: Fine. For downloading Pokemon/cloning them: Hacks, since they will come with a premier ribbon, and to have a premier ribbon they must have been edited within the website which automatically classes them as a hack/non-legit.

Creating pokemon from OUTSIDE OF THE GAME is a HACK. However, RNGing is NOT a hack since you are using in-game mechanics.

Cloning Pokemon that have NOT been edited using external devices are fine as long as the Pokemon's PID has not been changed. The only legit cloning download I know of is IR.GTS.BW But I'm sure there are many more.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Event Pokemon can beplaced on there, they just can't have the event ribbon on them (which is an event Mew in Gen IV and all Gen V)

Sting Guest
    nothing to say here, but, sites that give you pokemon for free, are what you should not try. It just might mess up your game

Pikachu Belle Guest
    What's IR.GTS.BW? Isn't that technically cloning?

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by victinishine97 View Post
    What's IR.GTS.BW? Isn't that technically cloning?
    It's a computer program that copy's a Pokemon's PID (In game coding) so yes, it is cloning, but it's one of the only safe/legit ways I know of.
    Yup, I'm back from another one of my vanishing periods. *sheepish grin*