Thread: Petty Regret;

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Petty Regret;

I was just thinking.. Something so trivial just get on your nerves, just a tiny bit xD I dunno, I thought it would be interesting to post your "silly regret" that may still be around or finally got over it (thank goodness!)

Share and see what kind of things you'll find weird/unique/something xP

Here's mine x)

When Black2 FIRST CAME OUT.. I was at a relative's place, just chilling and playing Pokemon. I decided to start playing Black2 since I was so excited x3 When I first chose my starter and took a look at Oshawott (first off, I like Fire Type the best and always my starter; except Black&Black2 [Snivy&Oshawott] I just don't like Tepig haha)
    IT
    WAS
    A
    DIFFERENT
    COLOR
    (Since a long time, I never gotten a shiny starter before) and I literally flipped out for a whole 5 minutes. I treasured that S.Oshawott.

ANYWHO just a few-several years ago, I had to get rid (kinda had to give it up) my Pokemon games u____u;
    Somehow, I totally forgot him and several treasured Legends (I only took out 5 Legends) >_> Curses. It took me a whole year to realize what I lost. MY SHINY STARTER OSHAWOTT. Shame shame T_T

Kinda dumb to randomly think about it and feel REGRETFUL or something like that x'D
    So yeah, thats my petty regret that is still haunting me time to time x_x

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    I guess my regret is similar to yours. On Pokemon White I was breeding for a competitive Torchic. I don't remember why but I wanted Crush Claw on it so my Blaziken was in the daycare with this Zangoose. Both were English. I don't know how but I got a shiny after only 10 eggs. I flipped out. I thought I was blessed by the shiny gods. So back then Pokecheck was around and I stuck the Torchic on there. It had 3 flawless IVs and I found that impressive. I then thought "Oh I can restart the game and download this little Torchic onto my new file and play through the game with it." But I restarted the game and found that Pokecheck was having some problems.. I lost a pretty good Torchic ;-; I will reclaim it one day!!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have never heard of Pokecheck xD (internet and Pokemon, that never occurred to me) but THAT SUCKS. I'm sorry for your loss! Seriously, one day we will obtain our precious shiny x)

I'm too lazy atm to even breed that Oshawott >3>; BUT I WILL EVENTUALLY and I do hope you'll get yours

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I ran into a shiny rayquaza back in pokemon emerald, and knock it out. I thought it was a glitch or something. I then immediately restart the game after. It was my first time seeing a shiny pokemon. Took me years to realize my error... ;.;

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    I regret never checking what Eevee's HA really was before spending hours upon hours trying to find a female eevee with the ability Adaptability and the right nature, thinking that was it's HA, while knocking out literally hundreds of female eevees with the actual HA. I got Adaptability and Anticipation mixed. I'm dumb. I couldn't do anything but laugh out of pure exasperation when I finally figured it out.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    I regret never checking what Eevee's HA really was before spending hours upon hours trying to find a female eevee with the ability Adaptability and the right nature, thinking that was it's HA, while knocking out literally hundreds of female eevees with the actual HA. I got Adaptability and Anticipation mixed. I'm dumb. I couldn't do anything but laugh out of pure exasperation when I finally figured it out.
    This. I did the same thing -.-

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I ran into a shiny rayquaza back in pokemon emerald, and knock it out. I thought it was a glitch or something. I then immediately restart the game after. It was my first time seeing a shiny pokemon. Took me years to realize my error... ;.;
    Pretty similar story actually. When I was first getting into pokemon I played my brother's Ruby A LOT. Never restarted the game, I just played on his copy of the game. I was running around in the cave near Dewford when I ran into a green Zubat. My very young mind for some reason went "Huh, that's weird" and then ran. He has never let me forget ;-;
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I almost did the same thing as Trinity xD I think I was playing Red/Blue version (belongs to my older brother's and he was replaying it then stopped) so I continued and checked his team. He had a Shiny Female Nidoran. I thought it was CUTE (Pink version of Nidoran) so I kept it until it evolved. I THOUGHT IT WAS WEIRD AND ALMOST RESTARTED THE GAME. But sadly I didn't know anything about transfer and stuff like that u-u I was just a child and I STILL ADORE THAT PINK NIDORINA.

& A good friend of mine hatched a 5IV Female Nidoran for me in a Moonball (She was hatching me a Male one "another story I will tell next time") and I'm using her on my ORAS team atm n-n

@UltraSound; TBH.. I always thought Adaptability WAS the HA ;-; It sure was confusing v__v

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 2x4 View Post
    This. I did the same thing -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by kayfarron View Post
    @UltraSound; TBH.. I always thought Adaptability WAS the HA ;-; It sure was confusing v__v
    It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one derping on this :P
    The abilities are a little inconveniently named. :P

I'm still glad I don't at least remember any times where I would've lost a shiny due to a derp or it fainting itself. You guys have though luck ):> I bet saying this is going to bite my butt.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 24 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Back in pkmn black i was hunting a tynamo in a cave(i forgot the name) and i would get so many joltiks. I would see the Joltik and run right away> Until i realized i ran from a SHINY JOLTIK

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 28 | Offers: 18 | Wishlist Items: 21 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This happened to me TWO TIMES, when I found Kyurem in pokemon black he was shiny! I didn't know about shiny pokemon at that time and I KO him by accident so I restart and this time he was normal. The second time this happened when I restarted the game again but I still didn't knew what a shiny was.