Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POKEBAY BATTLE CHATEAU: 2015/16

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6

POKEBAY BATTLE CHATEAU: 2015/16

Lords and Ladies, welcome to Pokebay's own Battle Chateau!

Here, your skills will be put to the test against other challengers in a bid to be crowned King or Queen of the Chateau. Please make sure to read all the battle and house rules properly and sign up using the template given below.

The Chateau is expected to open its doors this Friday, July 31st, 2015, but you may register at any time.

The Battle Chateau

This challenge is based on the X&Y Battle Chateau. There are 7 titles you can progress your way through. To progress to a new title you must earn points by battling others. As you progress to a new title you respectively gain more points for your wins, but lose more points if you lose the battle. Here is a list of the Chateau Titles:

1.Baron/Baroness [0 points]
    2.Viscount/Viscountess [50 points]
    3.Earl/Countess [200 points]
    4. Marquis/Marchioness [500 points]
    5.Duke/Dutchess [1,000 points]
    6. Grand Duke/Grand Duchess [2,000 points]
    7.King/Queen [Only One]

How to Play

*IMPORTANT* To register, please fill out an official registry form and post it on the thread. Template registry form will be found in next post.

Each title comes with its own points system which will be distributed depending on whether a challenger wins or loses. Every title also grants access to new writs. Both titles and writs will be discussed in greater detail later.

Everyone who registers starts off as a Baron/Baroness. Once you reach 50 points you are dubbed a Viscount/Viscountess. Once you reach 200 you are dubbed an Earl/Countess, etc.. Once you reach a the next title, your current points cannot drop below that level, so, for example, even if a newly dubbed Viscount/Viscountess loses his first battle, he won't drop below 200 points. Similarly, a Baron/Baroness cannot drop below 0 points.

The first challenger to reach the title of Grand Duke/Grand Duchess will automatically be dubbed King/Queen of the Chateau. Following challengers who progress to the Grand Duke/Grand Duchess may then challenge the current King or Queen.

House Rules

You may only challenge those who share the same title as you, or ranked in the title directly above or below you. For example, a Viscount can challenge another Viscount, the rank below him (Baron), and above him (Earl). But he may not challenge a Marquis or Duke [EXCEPTION: Certain writs may be issued to challenge higher titles that one would not normally be able to challenge. Access to these writs will be explained in the next post under their respective titles.]

Those of the titles Grand Duke/Grand Duchess and King/Queen may not be challenged by those whose titles are beneath them (E.G Duke/Duchess and below).

You may challenge as many people as you like, but you can only battle the same person once in a 24 hour period.

You must accept challenges from those who share the same title as you, unless you provide a valid excuse not to (E.G. A Viscount must accept a challenge from another Viscount, but may decline a challenge from a Baron or Earl). Of course, people are restricted by certain circumstances in real life so both challenger and the challenged should try to accommodate each other for a time that suits both.

Writs of Battle can be declined.

Writs of Invite can also be declined, but since you may only use it once a week, a declined Writ of Invite may be reused until a challenger finally accepts.

*IMPORTANT* The victor of every official battle within the Chateau must post an official battle report on this thread so staff can keep track of points and titles. -See official battle report in next post-

The 2015/16 Season will run from July, 31st 2015 to April, 30th 2016

Rues and Season Dates are subject to change and will be referenced in post updates

Battle Rules

All battles are 6v6 Normal Rules.

All battles will be in Singles format (unless a Writ of Battle is issue and accepted).

Species Clause: No two Pokémon on your team can share the same Pokédex number.

Item Clause: No two Pokémon on your team can hold the same held item.

Banned Items: Soul Dew

Pokémon must be KB or HB (Must have pentagon).

You may change team members between battles at your own discretion.

BANNED POKEMON: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkra, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde & Diancie.

Hacked Pokémon are strictly forbidden.

Note: If anyone is in breach of the rules or suspected of using hacked Pokémon, please contact a member of the Chateau Staff. People who break these rules will be penalised, stripped of titles, disqualified and/or bannd from the Pokebay Chateau depending on the severity of the infringement. We also reserve the right to admission if people are found breaking any of the site rules.

Disclaimer: Although this is an adoption of the Official Pokémon VGC rules, this is a fan-made challenge and is in no way affiliated with the Pokémon Company. All rights go to Nintendo and their respective affiliates.

- - - Updated - - -

Titles of the Chateau

1. Baron/Baroness

Points required to attain title: 0
    Once accepted into the Chateau, you will automatically receive the title of Baron/Baroness. As a new comer to the Chateau you may only battle in singles format, unless challenged by someone of a higher title using a Writ of Battle. You must accept challenges from Baron/Baroness', and may challenge Viscount/Vicountess'.

Points for defeating a Baron/Baroness: +5
    Points for being defeated by a Baron/Baroness: -3

Baron/Baroness have no access to Writs.

2. Viscount/Viscountess

Points required to attain title: 50
    Viscount/Viscountess must accept challenges from other Viscount/Viscountess. The may also challenge Baron/Baroness' as well Earls/Countess

Points for defeating a Viscount/Viscountess: +10
    Points for being defeated by a Viscount/Viscountess: -6

Writs:
    Viscount/Viscountess may issue 1 Silver Writ of Invitation a week.
    Viscount/Viscountess may issue a Blue Writ of Battle at any time.

3. Earl/Countess

Points required to attain title: 200
    Earl/Countess must accept challenges from other Earl/Countess'. They may also challenge Viscount/Viscountess' and Marquis/Marchioness'.

Points for defeating a Earl/Countess: +20
    Points for being defeated by a Earl/Countess: -12

Writs:
    Earl/Countess may issue 1 Gold Writ of Invitation a week.
    Earl/Countess may issue Blue Writ of Battle or Red Writ of Battle at any time.

4. Marquis/Marchioness

Points required to attain title: 500
    Marquis/Marchioness must accept challenges from all other Marquis/Marchioness'. They may also challenge Earl/Countess' and Duke/Duchess.

Points for defeating a Marquis/Marchioness: +50
    Points for being defeated by a Marquis/Marchioness: -30

Writs:
    Marquis/Marchioness may issue a Blue Writ of Battle, Red Writ of Battle or Black Writ of Battle at any time.

5. Duke/Duchess

Points required to attain title: 1,000
    Duke/Duchess must accept challenges from other Duke/Duchess. They may also accept challenges from Marquis/Marchioness.

Points for defeating a Duke/Duchess: +70
    Points for being defeated by Duke/Duchess: -40

Writs:
    Duke/Duchess may issue a Platinum Writ of Invite once a week.
    Duke/Duchess may issue a Blue Writ of Battle, Red Writ of Battle or Black Writ of Battle at any time.

Grand Duke/Grand Duchess

Points required to attain title: 2,000
    On reaching the title of Grand Duke/Grand Duchess you have established yourself as a skilled battler and in recognition of this, you are not required to accept any challenges. You may still, however, challenge other Grand Duke/Grand Duchess' in a bid to increase your points, though this will have no baring apart from establishing your rankings within the Grand Duke/Grand Duchess title. You may also accept a Platinum Challenge of Invite from a Duke/Duchess. Your final right as a Grand Duke/Grand Duchess is being able to issue a Royal Writ of Challenge to challenge for the crown!

Points for defeating a Grand Duke/Grand Duchess: +100
    Points for being defeated by a Grand Duke/Grand Duchess: -75

Writs:
    Grand Duke/Grand Duchess may issue a Royal Writ of Challenge once a week.
    Grand Duke/Grand Duchess may issue a Blue Writ of Battle, Red Writ of Battle or Black Writ of Battle at any time.

King/Queen

Points required to attain title: None [Only One]
    The first person if the season to reach the title of Grand Duke/Grand Duchess will automatically attain the crown, the title of King/Queen. Attaining such a title signifies your ruling over the Pokebay Battle Chateau. However, although you have sequestered all others, you now must retain the crown. Only a Grand Duke/Grand Duchess can challenge your authority once a week using the Royal Writ of Challenge. Being the King/Queen, however, you may decide what type of battle it is, enforcing your own Blue Writ of Battle, Red Writ of Battle or Black Writ of Battle. If defeated, you must forfeit the crown and return to the title of Grand Duke/Grand Duchess. You may, however, challenge for crown again after a week.

Does anyone dare question your authority?
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 07-28-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    Poison Type Veteran

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Writs

Writ of Battle
    Writs of Battle are features that allow you to challenge others using different battle formats. More writs of battle become unlocked as you earn new titles. They may be issued at any time and may be used along with a Writ of Invite. They may also be declined, however.

Blue Writ of Battle: The challenger issues a challenge in a double battle format. Available from Viscount/Viscountess onwards.

Red Writ of Battle: The challenger issues a challenge in a triple battle format, Available from Earl/Countess onwards.

Black Writ of Battle: The challenges issues a challenge in a rotation battle format. Available from Marquis/Marchioness onwards.

Writ of Invite

Writs of Invite are exclusive to certain titles and allow people to challenge others of higher titles. Only one writ of invite can be issued a week (7 days between issuing invites). If declined, they may reissue that same invite to another. Those issuing an Writ of Invite can reap large amounts of points for a win, but also run the risk of losing a lot more points than usual.

Silver Writ of Invite:
    Allows a Viscount/Viscountess to challenge a Marquis/Marchioness once a week.

Gold Writ of Invite:
    Allows an Earl/Countess to challenge a Duke/Duchess once a week.

Platinum Writ of Invite:
    Allows a Duke/Duchess to challenge a Grand Duke/Grand Duchess once a week.

The Royal Writ of Challenge

This writ is exclusive to Grand Dukes and Grand Duchess'. Once a week they are allowed to issue this writ to challenge the current King/Queen for the crown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Respite, Retirement and Leaving the Chateau

Every challenger in the Chateau is allow up to 4 weeks of respite during the entire campaign. These can ne used together or in separate weekly periods. You may not take respite when you are King/Queen, otherwise you must forfeit the crown to the previous monarch. To take respite, please message the staff well in advance of time.

If you wish to retire completely from the Chateau for whatever reason, we ask you tell one of the staff. You may rejoin the Chateau later in the season if you wish, but you will be stripped of all previous titles and points.

Simply abandoning your position due to inactivity, lack of responding to challenges, etc, will result in your expulsion from the Chateau. As a result you will not be able to take part in this season, and possibly all future seasons.

If there is a problem where physically cannot battle due to real life, illness, bereavement, loss of internet, etc., please notify staff and we will grant you as much respite necessary (within reason) until you are active once more. If you are King/Queen however, you will be asked to forfeit the crown during this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated earlier, we'd ask the victor of every battle to post a small report of the battle on this thread to keep track of things. Here's an example:

Code:
    Challengers: Baroness Sierra vs Viscount Robin
    Victor: Sierra
    Writs Used: None

Registration Template

Please fill out the following form to register for the Chateau Challenge:

Code:
     Name of Preference (Username or real name):

In-Game Name:

Friend Code:

Preferred Gender Reference (I.e. Would you rather be referred to as a Baron or Baroness?) :

Favourite Pokémon?:
    Note: This is currently a 9 month challenge and you may register at any time during the challenge.

*IMPORTANT* Please also note that it may take a few days to catch up with updates. Thanks for your patience.

Click here for a list of all challengers, points and titles: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ulmacY/pubhtml

That should pretty much cover everything. If you have any problems, questions or queries please contact any of the staff members and we'll be able to help you out to the best of our ability.
    Staff: Dr. Nygma, Aerial
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 07-27-2015 at 10:42 AM.
    Poison Type Veteran

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This one is very interesting and I am considering on taking part, however, as I am not sure of the status of some pokemon I use in my teams (whether they are hacked or not), I have to ask this:

What if a Pokémon, even if it's data signify it to be hacked (most probably due to Pokémon generators and the like), still retains legal and acceptable stats, moves, abilities, EVs/IVs and the like? I know the hacked pokemon rule is absolute, but if the pokemon in question is still normal by competitive standards, should it be allowed to enter?

My partners...The ones who carried me across all these years of my Pokemon time...And wouldn't change for any other team!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    @Laboaka The intentional use of external devices and codes to create Pokémon are forbidden in this challenge. Cloned and RNG'd Pokémon are fine. If you did not catch or hatch the Pokémon yourself, it's best to air on the side of caution. That's not to say "foreign game" Pokémon are off limits. If they have legit stats, abilities, nature, shininess, etc. then they should be fine. But if there are constant complaints about connections or full teams of shiny Pokémon, then that does trigger some alarm bells. Again, it may just be coincidence, but always air on the side of caution. If many complaints or problems do arise, I may eventually resort to the "pentagon rule." Thanks for asking tho. Hopefully this gives you a better insight
    Poison Type Veteran

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    Name:Christopher Rosa-wood

In-Game Name:Vivian Rose

Friend Code:0044-3832-9016

Preferred Gender Reference:Baron

Favourite Pokémon?:Espeon

This looks fun! I would enjoy joining.
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Welcome, Baron Christopher Rosa-Wood to the Pokebay Battle Chateau! You may start issuing battles this Friday. In the mean time, please make yourself at home.
    Poison Type Veteran

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    Name: Coby
    In-Game Name: Coby
    Friend Code: 0516-7554-9206
    Gender Reference: Male
    Favorite Pokemon: Sharpedo

PokeBay Water Type Gym Leader: Holder of the Depth Badge
    The cold, dark waters of the abyss will be your grave.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    *Starts sipping tea like sir*
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Welcome, Baron Coby to the Pokebay Battle Chateau! You may start issuing battles this Friday. In the mean time, please make yourself at home.

--Update--

Added a Battle Report Example.
    Poison Type Veteran

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Name of Preference (Username or real name): Foxy
    In-Game Name: Foxy
    Friend Code: 1864-8412-3360
    Preferred Gender Reference (I.e. Would you rather be referred to as a Baron or Baroness?): Baroness
    Favourite Pokémon?: Glaceon

Just a quick question, is there a possible way to 'leave' the chateau? Such as abandon your title and no longer be required to battle other members (as you're not affiliated anymore)?
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Welcome, Baroness Foxy, to the Pokebay Battle Chateau. You may start issuing challenges from this Friday. In the mean time, please make yourself at home!

--Update!--

Rules on Respite, Retirement and Leaving the Chateau are now added. Thanks, Snowy!
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 07-27-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    Poison Type Veteran

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nygma
    or full teams of shiny Pokémon
    *cries in a corner because his only actual battle-ready team is all 6 shiny pokes*

I am a suspect for life. XD

But seriously, though, I do want to participate in this, so maybe a Battle Chateau moderator would be willing to test the validity of my team and see if I am good to use it? These 6 shinies are the only pokemon that can be deemed "good" by competitive standards and I got nothing else. So if someone is willing to, please help me out, so that I know if I should file to form for a Baron position or not.

My partners...The ones who carried me across all these years of my Pokemon time...And wouldn't change for any other team!

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    If they have "legit" stats, abilities, trainer ID and have a blue pentagon I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed. Again, if people have problems connecting with you, then it may become a problem. Also, this is a good chance for you to breed and train some Pokémon of you own
    Poison Type Veteran

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would, if I had the knowledge and time to do so. Part of the reason I traded these shinies for, was because I had no time to spend on competitively preparing a team from the groundup. As for connection issues, I had none when I used them online and for the pentagons, only two of them have pentagons, but the rest are from Unova and without the pentagon, so this perhaps means they are legit? Does that count for legitness in them, one way or another? ^^"

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Name of Preference (Username or real name): Nick
    In-Game Name: XTERMIN8OR
    Friend Code: 3110-5106-6385
    Preferred Gender Reference (I.e. Would you rather be referred to as a Baron or Baroness?): Baron
    Favourite Pokémon?: Greninja

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.