Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft Resetting for a Shiny Starter Pokemon

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 107 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Soft Resetting for a Shiny Starter Pokemon

I have been trying for ages, I am currently at about 2000 resets now. I just want to know if any of you have done this and succeeded?

Sting Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Not me. Yet, I tried before.
    For example 9 tries. But, Shinies aren't that important. It just wastes your life.
    Wasting money is bad, but wasting time is TERRIBLE.

So, an advice is, go out, and have some fun!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 113 | Offers: 251 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    agreed with sting

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yup and yup. It took me around 5000, but for me it was worth it. Shiny Cyndaquil, for me, it made the game a whole load better knowing I'd put in the effort to get the best out of it. Yeah, having a shiny isn't the most amazing thing, it's being able to say you put the time, love and effort in, that's what really matters! So keep going!
    Yup, I'm back from another one of my vanishing periods. *sheepish grin*

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 113 | Offers: 251 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoruaBoo View Post
    Yup and yup. It took me around 5000, but for me it was worth it. Shiny Cyndaquil, for me, it made the game a whole load better knowing I'd put in the effort to get the best out of it. Yeah, having a shiny isn't the most amazing thing, it's being able to say you put the time, love and effort in, that's what really matters! So keep going!
    why not love starters for who they are at the begining?
    just live love battle trade peace will come good times and bad times
    but who cares as long as you are happy?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by truffledude12 View Post
    why not love starters for who they are at the begining?
    just live love battle trade peace will come good times and bad times
    but who cares as long as you are happy?
    Well, I've completed the game hundreds of times and I wanted to challenge myself.
    Yes, I was very happy, so it's all good
    Yup, I'm back from another one of my vanishing periods. *sheepish grin*

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If you really want it, you'll do what needs to be done to get it

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 113 | Offers: 251 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ehh i dont know but anyways do what you wantz

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 40 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 15 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Getting a shiny is just a waste a time. It's just different colors colors. What's the difference? (Don't say the colors are different.)

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10000fists View Post
    Getting a shiny is just a waste a time. It's just different colors colors. What's the difference? (Don't say the colors are different.)
    The difference is that it has novelty and value. There's only a 1 out of 8162 possibility of encountering a shiny pokemon. They're very rare and hard to obtain. Something of rarity has value.

People often take them for granted (such as yourself) because cheating and hacking makes them easy to find. Legitimate shiny pokemon are the rewards of luck or patience.

Sting Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    The reward isn't a reward.
    You trade your legit shiny you caught from the wild for a shiny that is hacked that you don't even know.

Where's the reward?

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The reward isn't a reward.
    You trade your legit shiny you caught from the wild for a shiny that is hacked that you don't even know.

Where's the reward?
    Likewise, it's only a personal "reward" or "accomplishment" if you stay true to the games (no hacking, no cheating). That moment when you FINALLY hatch a shiny egg from weeks of Masuda Method Breeding, or when you FINALLY reach that shiny encounter after a long PokeRadar Chain. Likewise, receiving a shiny via Soft Reset. It's rewarding to know that you've obtained what you worked so hard for.

And that is why shiny pokemon are so valuable.

Cheaters and hackers don't understand this because they -- as their name implies -- cheat. It's easy for them to encounter so it has little or no value.

Sting Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    Likewise, it's only a personal "reward" or "accomplishment" if you stay true to the games (no hacking, no cheating). That moment when you FINALLY hatch a shiny egg from weeks of Masuda Method Breeding, or when you FINALLY reach that shiny encounter after a long PokeRadar Chain. Likewise, receiving a shiny via Soft Reset. It's rewarding to know that you've obtained what you worked so hard for.

And that is why shiny pokemon are so valuable.

Cheaters and hackers don't understand this because they -- as their name implies -- cheat. It's easy for them to encounter so it has little or no value.
    True. And unfair.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I agree with Exflar. Hackers only want them for the different colours, but when you hunt for a legit, rare shiny, you feel accomplished.
    And yeah, shiny pokemon aren't the most important thing ever, but (in my opinion) it's always fun to see a rare pokemon fly across the screen. Almost a rush, even =^w^=

As for the original question, I've hunted-and succeeded-with SRing for shiny starters before. I got a Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and 3 Totodiles (while hunting for the other two). It took effort and patience, but i'm really happy to have them. So keep at it, and your patience will soon be rewarded!
    Legit Shiny Hunter Here~<3
    ---------------------------------------
    Proud Member and Supporter of LGBTQ <3

Sting Guest
    We got in off-topic right?
    Haha