View Poll Results: Did my guide help you?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! You are amazing this really helped me!

18 78.26%
  • Yeah, it helped me a bit. (Although I still love you)

2 8.70%
  • It was.... okay. (Although you are still fantastic)

1 4.35%
  • Not really. (Although I am your biggest fan!)

1 4.35%
  • Nope. Useless. (Although...LET ME WORSHIP YOU!)

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~The beginner's guide to Pokemon Sprites~

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

~The beginner's guide to Pokemon Sprites~

Hello and I'm ZoruaBoo, but Boo will do just fine. I'm a big fan of Pokemon and I love Pokemon sprites, this is where people edit the in-game forms of Pokemon into their own creations, I hope to interest and teach some of you how to do it. (Introduction over).

Although it sounds complicated, it is actually really easy and simple, all you need is Paint (doesn't matter what version, old or new is fine).

First off it's best if I show you some examples, so you can get the general idea:

UNOVAGIRL.pngshinypokemonhunter.pngLexiGurl.pngHELP.pngGenosectArceus1.png

Obviously to start off it's best to try something simple. Well I've prepared a video guide to help you start out, and more guides will appear soon.

Pokemon Sprites Re-Colour video Part #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EgY9taKhJiA

Now that you know how to Re-Colour, why not make life a little easier and create a Colour Chart. Basically a chart with a range of colours in different shades, it makes re-colouring Pokemon so much quicker and less of a fuss! Video here: Re-colours Part #2

Thanks, and I hope this helps!
    Last edited by ZoruaBoo; 02-28-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    Yup, I'm back from another one of my vanishing periods. *sheepish grin*

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    This is such a great guide!
    Heres one I just made.
    Zoruacino.jpg
    sidenote: sorry that you have to zoom and its a bit blurry. I dont know why it did it

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by victinishine97 View Post
    This is such a great guide!
    Heres one I just made.
    Zoruacino.jpg
    sidenote: sorry that you have to zoom and its a bit blurry. I dont know why it did it
    Thanks!
    Your sprite is great, love the red tips on the tail and ears..... I might just have to steal your idea and make one myself!
    Sidenote to your sidenote: If you are using paint, adjust the canvas size around the sprite so it only just fits, it will make the image smaller (so it appears bigger..... if that makes sense) and get rid of the fuzzy-ness.

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    I see now! I've done another one How do you do the trainer pokemons like in your signature?

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 96 | Offers: 114 | Wishlist Items: 52 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This is pretty cool!

Pikachu Belle Guest
    This is the most recent one.
    I am really addicted to this and I keep on going on about and my friends are like "shut up" D:
    Zoruta.png
    Yay no more zooming in or blurriness!

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This is the most recent one.
    I am really addicted to this and I keep on going on about and my friends are like "shut up" D:
    Zoruta.png
    Yay no more zooming in or blurriness!
    Wow! Your sprites are great! How long have you been doing these? And to answer your other question, the trainer sprites are called 'Trainer-mons' and I should be uploading a video on how to do them soon.

Pikachu Belle Guest
    Well believe it or not I've been recolouring sprites for like a day or so . And thanks! And trainer-mons are cool..

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well believe it or not I've been recolouring sprites for like a day or so . And thanks! And trainer-mons are cool..
    O.o....... Wow...... I really hope you are as good at Trainer-mons and fusions as you are at re-colours, if so, you have amazing talent. BTW, the next video will be up in the next hour or so.... not a very interesting one but the more advanced stuff will be coming out in a few days or so.

Sting Guest
    Helpful

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Next video is up, check first post for the link!

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Sting Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    Wonderful

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Wonderful
    Thank you so much Sting

Sting Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    Thank you so much Sting
    You're welcome