Thread: S.Legendary & IVs;

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

S.Legendary & IVs;

I'm PRETTY SURE there's an thread that talked about this but I'm not 100% sure. If there IS and if someone would kindly post it here, that would be helpful!

The reason why I'm posting this is that some people I traded and still in contact (don't go on Pokebay, but talking through kik).. Been asking me about the IVs for the Shiny Legends in ORAS. I just thought I should just post it here and everyone can add any more details if there's any. (VERY LATE lol but I thought it would be still useful to others)

ANYWHO. I think before ORAS came out or barely out... A lot of them were talking about "how many IVs the legends would have" and then Shiny Legendaries' IVs came into the picture. I talked to someone about this before ORAS came out and he was pretty updated with the whole info and such.. While I didn't because I just don't lol I'm not really into knowing every single detail/update out there. So he supposedly found an article or some sort that says "all the legendaries in ORAS will and have 3IVs." Anymore than that, is "Hacked" okay.

I've just noticed a few months ago, but didn't really thought much of it because I already have them (thanks to a friend who SRed them). Some (if you get lucky, congrats!) people who SRed for SHINY LEGENDS will probably get 4-5IVs. I seen a video of it, I seen people posting tons of pictures of it, and 3 friends (met online) caught them and shown me. So it IS possible to get more than 3IV Shiny Legends, but thats depending on your luck.

And it may be obvious to others but Shiny Charm does boost your chances, but it all depends on LUCK, PATIENCE, and TIME. If you are SRing without the Shiny Charm, it just takes longer. (Not naming who, but I've been asked this a lot) Please don't take everything I said to be 100% correct but thats what I've seen, heard, and such. But seriously, congrats though. As for the 6IV Shiny Legends from ORAS.. I'm not entirely sure if its possible but oh well.

Lastly, I am and will SR for Shiny Legends when I get the chance (*cough*wheneverIfinishbreeding*cough*) I literally saved in front of the Ring Portal (whatever its called) and SRing for Raikou (my Pokedex is at 399) and I'm kinda lazy to transfer to ORAS to complete my Pokedex. Sure I may try SRing without the charm, but once I'm done breeding I will try to complete the dex and boost my chance. Oh! That reminds me.

If you complete your dex (720/721) and SR for a Shiny Legend, have a Pokemon with Super Luck or Illuminate ability in front of your party. That slightly boosts your chance as well (as I was told by a friend who uses an Illuminate ability Pokemon to hunt and SR) I think thats about it and my view-sorta on this topic. Feel free to ask or toss in your opinion/information here (: Would love to hear your insights about this.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The person who wrote that article is so wrong, I've SR'd and caught 4IV, almost perfect legends before, it took minutes or sometimes a hour or two to find. I'm not lucky when it comes to shinies however but it's not impossible to find 4IV shiny legends, I once hatched a legit shiny with an IV spread of 29/31/31/31/31/31. #Luck
    I'll give 5IV shiny legends the benefit of the doubt, especially if it has a perfect nature with the right IV spread; and as for 6IV shiny legends with a good nature...hacks.
    Last edited by Fox Goddess Inari; 10-19-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    The Queen of Phantasm.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I am so jelly Trish xD I've only encounter (well received) 3IV ones so far. As for the ones that my friend SRed, I haven't checked their IVs yet but eventually I will. (example of 3IV S.Legendary: Latios, Zekrom, Reshiram, and the Dog Trio) On the other hand, a friend of mine caught herself a 4IV S.Suicune.

As for the shinies, apparently for 3 of them (incorrect nature) so I may have to breed them again u_u but most of them I bred are 5IV (2 were 6IV) and I still get accused of hacks. It is all based on luck(patience&time), which I have the patience for. (cannothuntformydearlife)

I recently received an 5IV S.Heatran and honestly, I'm a little worried xD if I ever come across someone encountering and catching a 5IV or "6IV" SHINY Legendary, I would love to see some proof. So far nope!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by venxhero View Post
    I am so jelly Trish xD I've only encounter (well received) 3IV ones so far. As for the ones that my friend SRed, I haven't checked their IVs yet but eventually I will. (example of 3IV S.Legendary: Latios, Zekrom, Reshiram, and the Dog Trio) On the other hand, a friend of mine caught herself a 4IV S.Suicune.

As for the shinies, apparently for 3 of them (incorrect nature) so I may have to breed them again u_u but most of them I bred are 5IV (2 were 6IV) and I still get accused of hacks. It is all based on luck(patience&time), which I have the patience for. (cannothuntformydearlife)

I recently received an 5IV S.Heatran and honestly, I'm a little worried xD if I ever come across someone encountering and catching a 5IV or "6IV" SHINY Legendary, I would love to see some proof. So far nope!
    Yes Kay, it all comes down to luck! Which I don't have sadly; was thinking of burrowing some from you. XD
    I'm gonna TRY to SR for some shiny legends in my AS; really want a shiny Giratina with good a good nature. *crosses fingers*
    Tbh 5IV shiny legends aren't impossible to find but the odds of finding one would be great.
    Back in the day I used to RNG for shinies. The best PIDs were really tough to RNG'd because RNG reporter usually find them thousands of frames down. This mean in order to get them you have to perform hundreds of page flips and double taps... ;-;
    Last edited by Fox Goddess Inari; 10-19-2015 at 09:03 AM.
    The Queen of Phantasm.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    -throws my breeding luck at Trish- (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
    I hope that helps! xD
    Do you have the shiny charm in ORAS? 0: I SERIOUSLY WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.
    S.Giratina is breathtaking (๑♡⌓♡๑) I suppose keeping the S.Heatran will do me no harm then xP Probably keep him (or maybe is a girl? Can't remember) in my XY and whenever I come across one of my own, I'll SR for ORAS :'D I literally want to SR for Kyurem<3
    IN DUE TIME I WILL AND IMMA TREASURE HIM (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Honestly that would've drove me crazy and I'd flip xD but sadly I didn't much about shinies until Black2 ;n; when my starter was a S.Oshawott ;u; (beside the S.Nidorina in Red/Blue but I was a child so I didn't think too much about it) then as for IVs.. A few months being on Pokebay, taught me so much and I'm glad I get to experience that (: Learn quite a lot thanks to this site and met some amazing peeps, such as yourself! Now I am SLOWLY.. maybe somewhat getting the 'right' nature for the Pokemon, but a few not so much considering that I don't even battle (just want it personally for my team) c:

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    -throws my breeding luck at Trish- (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
    I hope that helps! xD
    Do you have the shiny charm in ORAS? 0: I SERIOUSLY WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.
    S.Giratina is breathtaking (๑♡⌓♡๑) I suppose keeping the S.Heatran will do me no harm then xP Probably keep him (or maybe is a girl? Can't remember) in my XY and whenever I come across one of my own, I'll SR for ORAS :'D I literally want to SR for Kyurem<3
    IN DUE TIME I WILL AND IMMA TREASURE HIM (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Honestly that would've drove me crazy and I'd flip xD but sadly I didn't much about shinies until Black2 ;n; when my starter was a S.Oshawott ;u; (beside the S.Nidorina in Red/Blue but I was a child so I didn't think too much about it) then as for IVs.. A few months being on Pokebay, taught me so much and I'm glad I get to experience that (: Learn quite a lot thanks to this site and met some amazing peeps, such as yourself! Now I am SLOWLY.. maybe somewhat getting the 'right' nature for the Pokemon, but a few not so much considering that I don't even battle (just want it personally for my team) c:
    Thanks Kay, I'm gonna need alot of luck. I have the shiny charm but not even it seems to help me; I was born without luck. ;.;
    But I'm gonna try my hardest since I'm on a battling hiatus, because I want all the ORAS legends shiny. Well I heard that illuminate's 200% encounter rate helps increases shiny chance, but it's inconclusive. Have you heard about Tipping? I heard it increases the shiny chance slightly when you tip random NPC in game also inconclusive; but i'ma gonna still tip em. >.>
    The Queen of Phantasm.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Your welcome! (: By any chance are you using the DexNav while hunting? 0:
    That reminds me.. I was following a blog or two who posted tons of pictures of how to encounter/breed shinies ;-; I'll try looking for that blog later today and post it here :3 (I feel like we're going off topic a bit xD should we post another thread for shiny hunting/breeding? Idk just wanted to ask!) They were showing steps and how to hunt (I know anyone can do it, but they're showing their way of how to hunt because some people likes to do it that way)
    Ah no! This is the first time I heard about tipping xD Which NPCs in the game do we tip? As for the Illuminate ability method, I haven't tried it tbh but 2 people I know does it and encounters shinies (safari hunting) Later on, one of my friends that I met on here uses a Super Luck ability in ORAS with DexNav and encountered tons of shinies.
    THEN another friend who breeds and hunts whenever she feels like it, uses her favorite Pokemon (ex. Lapras) and within hours, a shiny pops up. Her Lapras' happiness is maxed out and around lvl 90-100 (just in case someone asked because I asked her) xD

Honestly I ran into 4 shinies RANDOMLY (wasn't looking/trying to hunt for a shiny) when I was trying to fill out everyone's safari (finding out what Pokemons are in their safari)
    1. Female S.Mawile - when I first entered the fairy safari
    2. Male S.Gogoat HA - a few minutes trying to catch a HA Gogoat for a friend
    3. Female S.Lampent - 2nd Pokemon encountered when I enter the ghost safari
    4. Female S.Bibarel - 3rd Pokemon encountered when I enter the water safari (I already encountered the 2 Pokemons and missing the last one)

- - - Updated - - -

This is semi-close to the blog I was talking about (well this one she explains what and how basically..?)
    so I'll ask a friend to send me the blog whenever I talk to her later today c:

http://shiny-hunters.tumblr.com/tips-n-techniques

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Your welcome! (: By any chance are you using the DexNav while hunting? 0:
    That reminds me.. I was following a blog or two who posted tons of pictures of how to encounter/breed shinies ;-; I'll try looking for that blog later today and post it here :3 (I feel like we're going off topic a bit xD should we post another thread for shiny hunting/breeding? Idk just wanted to ask!) They were showing steps and how to hunt (I know anyone can do it, but they're showing their way of how to hunt because some people likes to do it that way)
    Ah no! This is the first time I heard about tipping xD Which NPCs in the game do we tip? As for the Illuminate ability method, I haven't tried it tbh but 2 people I know does it and encounters shinies (safari hunting) Later on, one of my friends that I met on here uses a Super Luck ability in ORAS with DexNav and encountered tons of shinies.
    THEN another friend who breeds and hunts whenever she feels like it, uses her favorite Pokemon (ex. Lapras) and within hours, a shiny pops up. Her Lapras' happiness is maxed out and around lvl 90-100 (just in case someone asked because I asked her) xD

Honestly I ran into 4 shinies RANDOMLY (wasn't looking/trying to hunt for a shiny) when I was trying to fill out everyone's safari (finding out what Pokemons are in their safari)
    1. Female S.Mawile - when I first entered the fairy safari
    2. Male S.Gogoat HA - a few minutes trying to catch a HA Gogoat for a friend
    3. Female S.Lampent - 2nd Pokemon encountered when I enter the ghost safari
    4. Female S.Bibarel - 3rd Pokemon encountered when I enter the water safari (I already encountered the 2 Pokemons and missing the last one)

- - - Updated - - -

This is semi-close to the blog I was talking about (well this one she explains what and how basically..?)
    so I'll ask a friend to send me the blog whenever I talk to her later today c:

http://shiny-hunters.tumblr.com/tips-n-techniques
    Haha, I know we've traveled off course already but you can tip certain NPCs like the maid and butler in that battle place on route 7 in XY; as for AS I'm not too sure about the NPCs that asked for tips. Oh, I don't Dexnav because I like competitive shinies. :3
    The Queen of Phantasm.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I honestly didn't know that xD I shall test it out c: Thanks for that!

Ah I see 0: So all about breeding and trading for competitive shinies? (: That reminds me, a friend (I know, I've been saying that A LOT) of mine that I met here, we became very close to exchange snapchat and now letters x3 She is mailing me her SS so I can try for the Shiny Legends (of course they wouldn't have the best IVs, thats what I heard). I was wondering if there's a IV Judge in HGSS? If not, I'll just check online and find out x) OR just transfer (like twice or somehing) to my XY and find out then.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ah, so your traveling back in time to shiny hunt. Well I believe the IV judge is located in the battle tower at the battle frontier, you won't find flawless IV shinies in SS though.

P.S Competitive shinies ftw. :3
    The Queen of Phantasm.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yeah xD I really want to own some rareball shiny legends (: As long as they're shiny and in a Moonball/Loveball/etc. I am content x3 Once I completed all the shiny legends in rareballs, I'll probably catch several pokemons in rareballs to breed in my XY then return the SS back to my friend.

I guess competitve shinies are better xD I'll just need to get their correct nature and add some eggmoves then start breeding ;Dc