Thread: Any Interest in running a Pokebay Championship??

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6

Any Interest in running a Pokebay Championship??

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out to the community.

There are currently 2 big leagues online for competitive battling: GBA and UCL.

The idea is simple. At the start, each competitor chooses 16 Pokémon- each competitor choosing their Pokémon one at a time in order so that everyone has a fair chance of getting the Pokémon they want. GBA and UCL use the Pokémon Tier system to choose how many Pokémon they can take from each Tier. How we would choose this is open to debate.

In the end, each competitor has a team of 16 Pokémon. Everyone knows everyone else's Pokémon, but strategies, items, abilities, etc can change between battles. Every week, competitors face off against one other opponent. The wins and losses go on to a scoreboard. In the end, the top 4 teams go into the play-offs: the semi finals and the final.

That's the basis of it. This thread is open for interest and discussion on having our own championship here on Pokebay. Thoughts?
    Poison Type Veteran

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    hmm it would be quiet interesting indeed
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    This thing might start off better if we had more active members. I'd assume more people will start popping up once a new main game gets announced.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 87 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    This thing might start off better if we had more active members. I'd assume more people will start popping up once a new main game gets announced.
    yeah that will probably happen
    Add me!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    How do we battle with 16 pokemon?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 594 | Offers: 911 | Wishlist Items: 21 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 19 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by The world warrior View Post
    How do we battle with 16 pokemon?
    You would have a choice of 16 Pokemon to choose from to prepare yourself for your upcoming opponent.
    Always give it your all, and never give up until it's the end!

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by EmolgaBlast View Post
    You would have a choice of 16 Pokemon to choose from to prepare yourself for your upcoming opponent.
    Oh ok, sounds cool