Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL POKEBAY LEAGUE: SEASON ONE

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6

THE OFFICIAL POKEBAY LEAGUE: SEASON ONE

Hello everyone, and welcome (or welcome back) to the Pokebay League: Season One!

If you're new here you might be wondering what this is? To put it simply, we're pretty much a real life version of the Pokémon League you'd face in the games, only our league consisted of members of this site. In this League you can face a possible number of 12 gym leaders (though only 8 badges are required to progress to the Elite 4), the Elite 4 and Champion.

Your challenge, should you decide to take on the Pokebay League, is to win at lest 8 badges from the gym leaders, defeat the entire E4 with the same 6 Pokémon, and finally, defeat the champion. Simple, right? Well, there's only one way to find out! If you're interested please read and follow all the rules below. Links to each member of the League can also be found in this thread. For those of you already familiar with the Pokebay League, a number of changes have been made which can be seen in the updates rules section.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: There has been a badge reset as of January 1st, 2016. All badges won before this date will not count towards challenging the ELITE 4! Further information on new seasons and badge resets are detailed below.

CHALLENGER RULES: UPDATED

1. To challenge, you must state so on the thread. It is then your responsibility to contact gym leaders and E4 members to organise battles (links to each member can be found below.)
    2. A new rule has been passed, where the Pokebay League will now run within seasons. This is currently Season One and will run between now (January 1st) to the 30th of April, 2016. Only badges won in this time frame will count towards challenging the E4. Any badges won previously are now void and will not count towards challenging the E4. This is to keep things fresh and League activity flowing.
    3. It is up to the individual gym leader, Elite 4 member or champion as to what battle format will be used.
    4. The use of hacked Pokémon are strictly forbidden. Penalties up stripping one of badges, titles, or even permanent expulsion from challenging the league may ensue, at the League members' discretion.
    5. No Legendary Pokémon are allowed in official League Challenges.

Gym Leaders:

The number of possible gym leaders in the Pokebay League is up to twelve, though only 8 badges are required to proceed to the Elite 4. Each leader will focus on a specific type, with the exception of one wild-card that has a move of the leader’s type. In the first match you have with them, there will be NO legends allowed on either side. Mega-evolutions are allowed. If you choose to rematch them after earning their badge, they will have a stronger team and be allowed to use one legend of their typing in the battle. This is intended to be a fun and challenging rematch and won't earn any sort of standing or title within the league.

Elite Four:

Any challenger who has gained eight PokeBay League Badges is entitled to challenge the Elite Four.

This will take place just like in the game, with the exception that you may challenge in any order you like. You may NOT switch any pokemon on your team during that time. You may, however, switch items and moves. If you lose a battle before the run is over (say you win two, then lose the third) you must start the run over again. To progress to the champion, you must win four consecutive battles against them. The Elite Four will also each focus on one type, with the exception of their wild-card.

Champion:

After defeating every member of the Elite Four consecutively, you are now allowed to move on to the Champion! The Champion may use whatever team they choose so be prepared! If you lose to the champion, you must re-start the Elite Four challenge again. You must also use the same team you challenged the Elite Four with. If you win, simply post the results of the battle and the code to the battle video if it was saved. The Champion will remain in their position until defeated by a challenger, they will then step down and enter the Hall Of Fame (See post below), with the challenger taking their place as Champion.

**Important Note!**
    Should there be any suspect of cheating or bad behaviour, your title as Champion may be suspended or revoked, at the League members' discretion. In this case, the former champion shall hold his position until the issue has been addressed.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Possible Challenge Formats

Normal Battle Rules:

-Pokemon will be automatically leveled to Level fifty before the start of the battle.
    -A player's team may NOT contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number (no teams of Rotom forms).
    -You may use any held item or berry found in XY/ORAS.

Flat Battle Rules:
    -No duplicate Pokemon or items
    -All Pokemon above level fifty will be brought down to level fifty
    -All Pokemon below fifty will retain their respective level
    -A team of six Pokemon is brought to every battle, but only four are selected during team preview in rotation, doubles, and triples. three for singles.
    -All other league rules apply.
    -All battles will be fought over WiFi using the PSS on the lower DS screen.

Ineligible Pokemon:

Legends (including Phione)
    Hacked pokemon obtained via QR code, powersaves, pokegen, AR or any other means of altering game data from an outside source. Challengers and leaders found to use hacks will be banned from the league.

Ability Restrictions:

All Pokemon abilities (including Hidden Abilities) are allowed as long as they have been released and are correct for that pokemon (No Wonder Guard Spiritomb, etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wild Cards:
    Wild Cards are the exception on a team to help give them an extra oomph. It can be any pokemon, excluding legends, as long as it has at least one move matching the leader’s chosen type. Such as a rain dance Bronzong on a water team.
    The league may train as many as they like, but only ONE may be present on a league member’s team at a time. Mega-Evolutions will count as wild cards unless they share the gym's typing prior to mega-evolving; such as a a Mega-Ampharos will count as a wild-card on a Dragon team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the people who you may battle to earn a badge. Either send them a VM, PM, or find them in the ChatBox to set up a time for a battle! Members you may contact for rec battles will be marked with: ♦ by their name.

Gym Leaders:

1.Coby (Black Manta)-Water
    2. Chris (Crosawood)- Ground♦
    3.Garrett (Halberd Is The Word)- Steel (please contact to reserve a specific time for battles) ♦
    4.Damian (Corrin)- Normal
    5.Joshua (Yoda)- Rock♦
    6.Dylan (Fire Lord Dylan)- Fire (please contact to reserve a specific time for battles) ♦
    7.Robin (Thorne)- Poison ♦
    8.Aaron (Elemental Chaos)- Grass
    9.KB (Ash)-Ghost ♦
    10.Tammie (Bell Cranel)- Bug (not available to battle Mondays and Tuesdays)

Position(s) Available:
    2/12

Types available:
    Fighting (reserved)
    Electric
    Psychic
    Dark
    Dragon
    Ice
    Fairy
    Flying

Elite Four: These are who you may battle once you've earned at least 8 badges.
    1.Neko (Neko, Hourglass Lord)- Dark ♦
    2.Snowy (Sakura Mamiya)- Fire
    3.Digi (Digi The Fallen)- Normal ♦
    4.Kyle (Cakeface, Thunderlord)- Electric♦

Elite 4 Substitutes: KB and Robin

Current Champion:
    Aaron(Akabane)♦
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 03-21-2016 at 12:43 PM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Applying to become a Gym Leader:

To become a gym leader, all you need to do is contact us (See leaders available for rec battles below) and have three separate trial battles with different leaders of the league. Both League members and people trying out for a gym spot may use whatever Pokemon they like, within the Pokebay League rules. League members will save the battle video and our Rec Committee will look them over to see how you did. A loss doesn't necessarily mean you won’t get it, and a win doesn't mean you will get it.
    And being the only one to complete recs for an open position won't guarantee you the spot.
    We’re looking for people of good character and attitude. How you interact with others around the site and how you speak and conduct yourself will have a direct impact on if you get the position you are trying for.

~You must be an active member of the site for at least a month~
    ~Only current and former league members are eligible to apply for Elite Four positions~

Returning to the League
    If a league member leaves of their own will, they must wait a total of two months before attempting to return to the league. At that time, they must complete three rec battles with three separate league members. They may also be required to face the champion as a fourth rec, should the champion choose to accept the rec match.

**Side note**
    The waiting periods can stack!
    Example: A member leaves the league and the site for three months. They will have met their two month waiting period. But, when they return to the site, they will still have to wait a month to abide by the one-month activity rule.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info Rep: Aaron (Elemental Chaos)
    President: KB (Koga)
    Forum Rep: Robin (Mr. Butters)
    Rec Committee Chair: Neko (Lord Nyx)

Original Champion of the league: Cloud

Hall Of Fame:

Former Champions will be listed here as of 03-01-2015:
    Grant: November 23, 2014 --- April 19, 2015
    Chris: July 1, 2015 --- January 22, 2016
    Aaron: January 22, 2016 ---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Badges Awarded:
    Here a list will be kept track of who was won what badge. Badges have been reset as midnight, January 1st, 2016 (GMT). All badges won previously will not be counted towards challenging the E4 for this season.

After every challenge, the gym leader may leave a comment on the result of the battle and some of their thoughts on how the challenger performed. Please note that this is optional, but does help keep track of gym records and people who have won badges.

Coby [Dark]: KB, Akabane, Neko, Tammie, Robin

Damian [Normal]: KB, Akabane, Josh, Neko

Robin [Poison]: KB, Josh, Akabane, Neko, Chris, Jordan, Digi

KB [Ghost]: Robin, Akabane, Josh, Damian, Chris, Neko, Jdunn, Geo, Swag

Aaron (Akabane) [Dragon]: Garrett, Robin, KB, Josh, Varis

Garrett [Steel]: KB, Tammie, Akabane, Josh, Robin, Justin, Seth, Geo

Dylan [Fire]: Josh, KB, Akabane

Joshua [Rock]: Akabane, Chris, KB, Taekwondo, Geo, Digger Dug, Garrett, Justin, Robin, Coby

Aaron (xX_L00t_Xx) [Grass]: KB, Robin, Josh, Akabane, Neko

Chris [Dragon]: Jordan

Jordan [Flying]:

Tammie [Bug]: Robin, Chris, Akabane

Any badges to be added or names that need to be changed, please inform me, Mr. Butters and I will make said changes as soon as I can.

~So you want to be a Master
    OF POK-E-BAY!
    Have you got the skills to go
    ALL-THE-Way?!~
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 03-21-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    Poison Type Veteran

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 154 | Offers: 903 | Wishlist Items: 37 | Wishlist Offers: 101 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would like to apply for Water Position .

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 9 | Battle Requests: 18
    Ok guys. It says that I have to post on the thread so that's what I'm doing. I'll be challenging the pokemon league and will be in contact with the other gym leaders soon. Just making the official word here

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Quick update.

It is not necessary to comment on here to challenge the League, but it does help. Just please make others aware that people are officially challenging.

Also, the new season is officially underway! All badges have been reset. Only Joshi may continue through the E4 until he either completes it or is defeated. Everyone else must earn 8 new badges this season to challenge the Elite 4. All previous badges earned before now will not count!

Best of luck to all challengers and League members!
    Poison Type Veteran

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I wish to take the challenge and have been waiting to do so for some time.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Challenger KB vs Gym Leader Robin
    Result: 2-0 to Gym Leader
    Comment: It couldn't have been any closer really. We each had to play around different strategies and in the end it came down to RNG rolls I'm pretty sure. GG, Bro!

----------

Challenger Digi vs Gym Leader Robin
    Result: 1-0 to Gym Leader
    Comment: Another really close game. Freeze hax really put me at a disadvantage early on, but was made up for with a Para-hax in my favour. The only thing I would have done differently if I were you was to use an ice type move instead of earth power since you were locked into it. Other than that it was really close and nice team. GG dude!
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 01-02-2016 at 12:38 AM.
    Poison Type Veteran

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I will be challenging leaders soon once my team is ready! I might have to do it based off like appointment of that is OK because work and school starts in 3 days for me!

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    hmm unless I have a challenger n teh next 48 hours I'm gonna challenge the gyms to have some fun. If that is a no go I understand
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 10
    I will take the challenge

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Not sure who handles this now but akabane and Chris just won my badge

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 95 | Offers: 68 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 2 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hi guys I'm ready to challenge the gym leaders FC will be on my profile

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 10
    Gym vs Gym Challenge:
    Akabane181716 (Dragon) vs Bisharp Takes Knight (Steel)
    Result: 0-2, Steel wins.
    I'm told I'm the first winner of the Midevil Badge. I expect a rematch in the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Gym vs Gym Challenge :
    KB (Ghost) vs Garrett (Steel)
    Result :
    KB wins the Chevalier Badge.

Steel-Type Gym Leader, Holder of the COBALT BADGE
    "Allow me to test your mettle against my Steel-type pokemon!"

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Challenger KB vs Gym Leader Robin
    Result: 0-2 to KB
    Comment: There was a fair exchange of hax throughout the game, but KB came out on top. GG as always xD
    Poison Type Veteran

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 87 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 11
    Alright 1 down 7 to go and also 1 down 2 to go
    Add me!