Thread: Little Cup Tournament!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 42 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0

Little Cup Tournament!

Hello! I've always wanted to build a little cup team, so I'm going to sponsor a tournament so that hopefully others will do the same!

Rules:
    • All Pokemon must be at Level 5
    • All Pokemon must be able to evolve
    • All Pokemon must be at their lowest evolutionary stage
    • All moves should be moves the Pokemon can naturally have at level five through TMs, breeding, or level up.
    • EV training is allowed, though it is suggested that this be completed via Super Training to avoid leveling the Pokemon
    • Certain Moves and Pokemon are banned, including:
      • Scyther, as it has the same base stat total as it's evolution
      • The moves Sonicboom and Dragon Rage
      • Using more than one of the same held item on your team

Rules regarding rounds and such will be decided closer to the time of the tournament. There will be prize support in the form of rare/valuable items and Pokemon, including a participatory prize for all players. (a prize list will be added here later). This tournament is open to any site member, but members found to be violating rules or hacking will be reported to Moderators as well as banned from this tournament or any further tournament. The tentative start date for this tournament will be March 1st, which should give anyone interested in competing time to build a team. Please check back here periodically for updates. If you are interested in competing, please comment on this thread and show your enthusiasm, or send me a Private Messsage. I look forward to facing you all!

~PRIZE POOL~
    Six IV Shiny Timid HA Snivy
    Six IV Shiny Modest Amaura
    PP Max(es)
    Various other items
    Last edited by Nekodah; 01-19-2016 at 11:15 PM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Sign me up

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    I'm in
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 10
    I'm Interested. I'll see what I can throw together for a team... Breeding means I should have lots of Candidates, right?

Steel-Type Gym Leader, Holder of the COBALT BADGE
    "Allow me to test your mettle against my Steel-type pokemon!"

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    Sounds fun to me
    When the world falls Atlas will Stand

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    I'm up for it. One question though, do Tutor Moves don't count? If we are allowing all other moves to be taught then why not allow Tutor Moves as well?

"Just because you come from a scary family doesn't mean you have to be scary too."
    Muriel, Courage The Cowardly Dog

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 42 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Move Tutor moves are fair game. To be clear, the main difference here is that certain Pokemon have moves they can learn by level up that they cannot have at level five via breeding (notably genderless Pokemon that have to be bred with Ditto), and these moves are illegal, while most other moves will be legal, including also moves learned through events. Move Tutor moves are fair game.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 104 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 10 | Battle Requests: 1
    That sounds fun, and cute....very tempted. Though I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. My bf is the battler of the two. Might need tips.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 154 | Offers: 903 | Wishlist Items: 37 | Wishlist Offers: 101 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm in sign me up

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    This sounds fun, sign me up!!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 12
    So as an example Neko you mean I cannot have a lvl 5 eevee with Trump Card?
    I may come from the darkness or the fields of grass. But I will fight with honor and power with my best friends by my side. Especially my Espeon standing by me in battle. Come and challenge me brave advesaries.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 42 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    No, such an Eevee would be legal. For example, if you breed a female Eevee that knows Trump Card with a male Eevee that knows Trump Card, the baby will know Trump Card, which will make it legal. For level up moves to be passed on through breeding, both parents must know the move. For a second example, take Magnemite. Magnemite can only breed with Ditto, and therefore even if your parent Magnemite knew a move such as Magnet Rise, the Ditto would not know that move, and therefore it would not be passed down to the egg.

TLDR; Any move a Pokemon can learn by level up is legal unless that Pokemon could not have that moved passed down to it by breeding, most likely because of being only able to breed with Ditto

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    I'd like to sign up for this.

PokeBay Water Type Gym Leader: Holder of the Depth Badge
    The cold, dark waters of the abyss will be your grave.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'mma bring a team of 6 Magikarp
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Im in