View Poll Results: Is it ok?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 75.00%
  • No

3 25.00%

Thread: Opinions on hacking

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 53 | Offers: 24 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Opinions on hacking

What are yall's opinions on hacking pokemon simply for asthetics?
    By that I mean making a pokemon shiny just for show, not for trading. Making your pokemon look fancier without taking advantage of anyone.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    yeah why not, on the basis it's not being used in battle or trading, at least not without informing the other person, I don't think there's any issue at all.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    I'm alright with people hacking for themselves. It doesn't harm anyone else and you're free to just do what you want! However I'm not a fan of people who try to trade hacks. With battles it's kinda different for me cause I do sometimes watch Poketubers and VGC 16 streams. I know how hard it is to get a certain move or say a specific Hidden Power but it just makes things easier for those guys. So I am kinda in a mix about this. On one hand I don't want people getting ripped off but on the other hand I think they're alright in battle cause it's just using competitive pokemon at the end of the day.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 87 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 11
    I honestly don't mind hacking or even if I get a hacked Pokemon!
    Add me!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    It feels way better when you get that shiny with good IV's and HA all by yourself through hard work, but I guess I don't mind if someone hacks as long as they don't use them to trade or battle. Though, what other purpose would you hack for? Just to own it and show it off, I guess?

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    It's definitely a grey area. Most IV breeders use a cloned/hacked 6iv ditto, which, imo is fine as the Pokemon you're breeding are legit. I don't have a problem with clones of real Pokemon either, and to be honest, if a person wants to hack for their own purpose in game or whatever, I'm not too bothered either. It's your game- do whatever you like!

I do believe, however, that if a person is trading a hacked Pokemon, or a Pokemon that they got in a trade from someone else, they should let others know.
    Poison Type Veteran

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 104 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 10 | Battle Requests: 1
    I don't care if people do it, but I agree with everyone else. Others should be notified if you plan on trading or battling. If they aren't for personal use. Then go for it. My friend uses Action-Replay and I knew that, but I wanted a mew for myself. I personally breed legit pokemon, and I do find it More rewarding to do it yourself. Just be honest with other players. ☺
    We are the ones, we are the Light. We take Control. We take the Time. If you believe you own the Night. You own the Night!" ~ Crash and Burn