Thread: Recently Joined Pokebay

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 6 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Recently Joined Pokebay

So I've been working on my pokedex and I've gotten down to the last 19 to catch/15 to see and joined this website when I googled something along the lines of "trading pokemon".

I've learned a lot has changed and I don't know much of anything about the game.

People hack and change pokemon? I got asked about my Event Shiny Entei if it was legit. So there's some huge problem with fake pokemon all over the place?

Everyone has shiny's and hidden abilities. In my whole time playing and seeing pokemon in the wild I've seen 1 shiny and caught it, noticed one of my one per game pokemon is a shiny, and have 3 event shiny's. I thought the whole personality thing was weird awhile ago but now you can breed/catch a pokemon with the perfect personality/ability/appearance? Random thought does Vivillion have multiple shiny versions?

Trading over the internet has gotten very confusing. I've now agreed to a trade and figured ok I'll just go on the PSS thing and there must be something I just put in their ID # and boom! we'll both go online and can trade. I can find nothing of the sorts. And they gave me some name to find them by, huh?

I just learned how people are flying on the youtube videos (that took me a few months to figure out I don't need an event code like I had read when originally looking it up) and just saw today that I could also trade pokemon on the PSS on the GTS but people have trades posted on there that are literally impossible like a manectrick between level 11-20.

I don't know if I should be laughing or shaking my head at all this. Well once I've got this trading thing down off to find these shiny's. How much easier are they to find once you have the completed pokedex and talk to the professor again? Also, how rare is it to find a pokemon with the hidden ability?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3
    Well, first of all, welcome to the site! I hope that you will be able to find everything that you are looking for.

Some people do hack Pokémon with the use of Powersaves, and one could even turn a regular non-shiny Pokémon into a shiny Pokémon with the use of powersaves. While this is a problem, based off of my own experience, instances such as that have not appeared all that much. If you know what to look out for, I'm sure that you will be fine.

I'm assuming 'personality' and 'appearance' means a Pokémon's nature and the shiny status. In the 6th Generation, it has gotten easier to obtain the 'perfect' Pokémon, such as Destiny Knot IV breeding. It has also gotten extremely easy to EV train a Pokémon for competitive play with the use of horde battling. For the Vivillon thing, I do not believe it has multiple shiny versions, as all the wing designs stay the same in shiny form.

You're on the right track with trading over the internet. I'm not sure if you have figured this out yet, but I'll give you a brief explanation of how it works. On the 3DS Home Menu, there is a small orange smiley on the top of the bottom screen. When you select it, it opens your friend list. This is where you add the people you want to trade with, as well as find your own Friend Code (Which is a series of numbers). Once you register the person you wanted, you return to your game, go to the PSS, and go online. An IGN (In-Game Name) is what I believe they were talking about, so you and your friend can find each other easier and avoid accidentally trading the Pokémon to the wrong person.

I have to agree with you that the GTS is very strange sometimes, but that's the reason why we have this site, right? xD

In the 6th Gen, without the Shiny Charm, the item that increases your chances at finding a shiny, the chances of a shiny wild encounter are 1/4096. With the Shiny Charm, the chances are 1/1365.3 (According to Serebii). When combined with masuda method the chances are even higher. For the Hidden Ability, not so much. A lot of people have Hidden Ability Pokémon now, and with the introduction of the Friend Safari and PokeBank to bring back HAs from the 5th Gen, I don't believe that they are extremely rare.
    Last edited by Sakura Mamiya; 03-13-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!