Thread: The Official Pokebay League: Season Two

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 3

The Official Pokebay League: Season Two

Welcome to the Pokebay League: Season Two!

Similar to many of the main series Pokemon games, the Pokebay League is a battle challenge consisting of a maximum of twelve Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, and the Champion, all of them members of this site.

If you decide to challenge the Pokebay League, please take the time to read and familiarize yourself with the rules.

Will you have what it takes to reach the top?!

The official Battle Central page can be found here. From here you can request a challenge, and this will be where personal gym badge records will be kept.

Challenger Rules & Regulations

Season Two will run from April 19, 2016 to June 30, 2016. Any badges won from previous seasons and/or versions (Season One) are void and will not count towards challenging the Elite Four.

The use of hacked Pokemon is strictly forbidden. Penalties for not following this rule include the stripping of all badges and titles, or a permanent ban from challenging the league.

No Legendary or Mythical Pokemon (including Phione) are allowed in official league challenges.

A player's team may NOT contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number (no teams of Rotom forms).

If you are the Champion, should there be any suspect of cheating or bad behavior, your title may be suspended or revoked, at the league members’ discretion. In this case, the former champion shall hold the position until the issue has been addressed.

Wild Cards are special Pokemon of a different type than a league member’s chosen type that they may use to assist them in battles. It can be any Pokemon, excluding legends, as long as it has at least one move matching the league member’s chosen type (ex. Rain Dance Bronzong in a Water type gym team).
    Only ONE may be present on a league member’s team at a time. Mega Evolutions will count as wild cards unless they share the gym's typing prior to Mega evolving (ex. Mega Ampharos will count as a wild card on a Dragon team).

It is up to the individual Gym Leader, Elite Four member, or Champion as to what battle format will be used.

Possible formats for battles include Normal Battle format and Flat Battle format.

Quick guide to challenging the Pokebay League

If you have read and fully understood the rules shown above, then you are ready for the challenge! The following is a guide to help you get a kick start in your journey.

1. To start, jump down below and request a battle from any of the Gym Leaders in the list. If you manage to win against one of them, you will gain a badge to prove that you won. Only EIGHT badges out of the maximum twelve are required to proceed to the Elite Four.

2. After earning eight badges from the Gym Leader challenge, you will be able to take on the Elite Four challenge. In the Elite Four challenge, most rules from the main games stay, such as the inability to switch Pokemon during a run. You may, however, switch items and moves. If you lose a battle before the run is over (say you win two, then lose the third) you must start the run over again. To progress to the champion, you must win four consecutive battles against them.

3. After defeating the Elite Four, you only have one final step in front of you: the Champion! The Champion may use a multi-type team, so be prepared! If you lose to the champion, you must restart the Elite Four challenge again. You must also use the same team you challenged the Elite Four with. If you win, you will ascend to the throne and the former Champion will step down and enter the Hall of Fame.

4. Congratulations! You have successfully completed the challenge.

Applying to become a Gym Leader

To become a Gym Leader for the Pokebay League, the only requirement to qualify is to be active on the site for one month. After that, all you need to do is contact us and have three separate trial battles with different leaders of the league, also known as rec battles. Both league members and people trying out for a gym spot may use whatever Pokemon they like, within the Pokebay League rules.

League members will save the battle video and our Rec Committee will look them over to see how you did. A loss doesn't necessarily mean you won’t get it, and a win doesn't mean you will get it. Being the only one to complete recs for an open position won't guarantee you the spot.
    We’re looking for people of good character and attitude. How you interact with others around the site and how you speak and conduct yourself will have a direct impact on if you get the position you are trying for.

Current League Members & Positions

President(s): Digi (DigiDice the barkeep) & Garrett (I Am Grrt)
    Info Rep(s): Kyle (Professor Kaelin)
    Forum Rep: Snowy (Sakura Mamiya)
    Rec Committee Chair: Neko (Neko of 100 Hats)
    Advertisement & Activity Committee Chair: Aaron (Akabane181716)

Below is the list of Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, and the Champion that you may battle in your challenge. Either send them a VM, PM, or find them in the ChatBox to set up a time for a battle! You may also contact the league member for a challenge by the Battle Central.

Good luck!

Members you may contact for rec battles will be marked with a ♦ by their name.

Gym Leaders

1. Coby (Hydromaster Coby) - Water
    2. Chris (Crosawood) - Ground ♦
    3. Garrett (I Am Grrt) - Steel ♦ (Please contact by VM/PM to reserve a specific time for battles)
    4. Joshua (Yoda) - Rock ♦
    5. Dylan (Fire Lord Dylan) - Fire ♦ (Please contact by VM/PM to reserve a specific time for battles)
    6. Aaron (Akabane181716) - Dragon ♦ (Temporary Gym Leader)

Position(s) Available: 5/12

Elite Four and Champion

1. Neko (Neko of 100 Hats) - Dark ♦
    2. Digi (DigiDice the barkeep) - Normal ♦
    3. Kyle (Professor Kaelin) - Electric ♦

Elite Four Substitutes are qualified members that serve as alternate battlers for the Elite Four in the case that one of the Elite Four is unavailable for a long period of time.
    Current Elite Four Substitutes: (None)

Champion - Aaron (Akabane181716) ♦

Hall of Fame

Original Champion of the League: Cloud

Former Champions will be listed here as of March 1, 2015:

Grant: November 23, 2014 --- April 19, 2015
    Chris: July 1, 2015 --- January 22, 2016
    Aaron: January 22, 2016 ---

Badges Awarded

Here a list will be kept track of who was won what badge. Badges have been reset on April 19, 2016. All badges won previous of that date will not be counted towards challenging the E4 for this season.

After every challenge, the Gym Leader may leave a comment on the result of the battle and some of their thoughts on how the challenger performed. Please note that this is optional, but does help keep track of gym records and people who have won badges.

Coby (Water): Yoda, akabane181716

Chris (Ground): akabane181716

Garrett (Steel): Yoda, akabane181716

Joshua (Rock): akabane181716, zacthebirdy, Nymphia

Dylan (Fire): zacthebirdy

Aaron [Akabane] (Dragon): Yoda
    Last edited by Sakura Mamiya; 06-05-2016 at 01:15 AM.
    Fire type Pokémon trainer traveling the world ~ Next stop: Alola!

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 10
    Challenger Aaron (Akabane) vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
    Result: 1-0 to Challenger.
    Aaron has won the first Cobalt Badge of the season.

Steel-Type Gym Leader, Holder of the COBALT BADGE
    "Allow me to test your mettle against my Steel-type pokemon!"

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 2 | Battle Requests: 3
    Hello, I am here challenging the league. I hope to be one of your gym leaders soon. I am in process of training up a team for that purpose. I look forward to doing many pokethings with everyone so thank you for the fun in advance.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 26 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would like to request a battle!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 249 | Offers: 698 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    When the next season of Pokebay league starts, I would like to challenge all gym leaders and the elite four and champion. Please pm me the advertisement.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by poketim View Post
    When the next season of Pokebay league starts, I would like to challenge all gym leaders and the elite four and champion. Please pm me the advertisement.
    Just so you know the official league closed down a while back. You should look at challenging the Rainbow League.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 249 | Offers: 698 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm applying for a gym leader spot

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    Can someone close this? Just to prevent confusion.