View Poll Results: What team are you in?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Instinct

6 42.86%
  • Team Mystic

7 50.00%
  • Team Valor

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Go

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0

Pokémon Go

So! How many of you all play Go? Had any fun experiences with it yet? Do you like it, or no? What level are you? What team? Annoying bugs you want gone or improvements you'd like to see made? Easter eggs to share? Discuss!

I haven't had a lot notable experiences with it, but one thing I thought was cool is that there's a park in the city that's got 4 pokestops really close to each other and if you sit on the grass you can reach all of them at once. There's like a 24/7 lure party going on, and I caught a dratini there! I knew a lot of people play the game, but first time entering that park and seeing the mass of people cheering at a Psyduck was just so astonishing to see!

I'm pretty much hooked on the game and have started to go out a lot more. Never before have I been so frustrated at rain and thunder. I already fear winter...

I'm currently level 15 and Team Instinct for the win!

I'm waiting for trading and hopefully battling others outside of the gym. And the fix for that pokeball freeze. DX Nearly lost a 400cp Eevee cause of that. I also somehow manage to accidentally throw curve balls when I'm throwing as straight as a I can and it derps the throw up. ALSO THE THREE STEP GLITCH.
    I heard a rumor from someone who played a game Niantic developed before Go and they said that Niantic usually doesn't really listen to the players and just kind of do what they want with the game, so I really really hope they go in the right direction with the game. They almost left out evolution from the game too! I fear for Go.

There's the eeveelution easter egg everyone probably already knows but I'll explain anyway - If you name your eevee Rainer, it'll evolve into a Vaporeon, Sparky for Jolteon and Pyro for Flareon.
    There's also a line of text that sometimes appears when you look at your incubating eggs that says that you should feed the egg butter.

---
    UPDATE: Added a poll for the teams, though a lot of you have already answered in the comments :P
    Last edited by UltraSound; 08-05-2016 at 10:31 AM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 56 | Offers: 90 | Wishlist Items: 45 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i started playing yesterday and i already reached lvl 6. i love this game and i am team mystic. the only annoying thing is that, sometimes when i find a pokemon and throw the pokeball at it, the pokemon HITS the pokeball and throws it away... i actually have the same thing. there are 10 lures in the beach and there is like 5 pokemon spawning per second
    shiny collector.
    feel free to check my rareball pokemon shop:
    https://www.pokebay.com/forums/showt...hop&highlight=

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 249 | Offers: 698 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I was chasing a Blastoise nearby... 1 hour, didn't find it... I throw all my pokeballs at a pikachu and didn't catch it... then i used my last pokeball on a drowzee... and then an eevee appears and I ran out of pokeballs...

AND People are hacking Pokemon Go... they can make rare powerful pokemons just appear in front of them with hacks... sigh...

- - - Updated - - -

HOWEVER... Pokemon Go made me go on walks, hikes in the parks and ride my bike all in one week... I've done more exercise than I've ever done... It appears to be healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they should give out like 10 pokeballs daily... or 5 pokeballs daily... it's stupid that i can run out and not be near a pokestop... And not be able to catch a rare pokemon near me.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, my neighbourhood is full of Squirtles... so I'm going to farm them and try to evolve my own Blastoise now... any spares will be up for trade. I will be happy to trade for a charmander or bulbasaur. I started with a squirtle... the tiny turtle pokemon.
    I' am Poketim... and Poketim is... Me...

2nd place Runner up of the Official Pokebay VGC Tournament 2014.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    Currently Level 14 and I'm on Team Mystic! I need to start playing it more because I've got like 10 poke balls left lol. My best mon is Ariel the Vaporeon at 953 CP! I've found that Dratini and random water Pokemon pop up in my area and I can access them from my house. Other than that there isn't many interesting Pokemon here. I guess it's interesting that there is a swarm/nest of Rhyhorn at the local lake so I might walk over there!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 15 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 13 | Battles: 5 | Battle Requests: 4
    I can't wait until they let you trade in Pokémon Go! I wonder if you can trade with Pokémon across the earth, like GTS.
    Greninja was here

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    I made this thread right before I updated the game, so, 3 step glitch is gone. Along with the steps. I hope they fix it and bring it back, I think it's weird they took it out since it worked for some people. There's also been talk about the throwing working sort of different after the update but I haven't been able to attempt to catch anything yet to confirm. If it doesn't rain frogs in every direction today, I might take a walk and if I run into anything and see if it's any different.

One awesome thing in the update is that you can now recustomize yourself, even change your avatar gender!

Also, I haven't yet confirmed this but I've been given info (by the wonderful Tamtam!) that the eeveelution easter egg might only work once per eeveelution so don't be a dumb dumb like me and use it on some random eevee!

@Poketim, I've had trouble too with getting low on pokeballs, and since I live in the middle of nowhere I have to bike ~30 minutes uphill to get to the closest pokestop DX Gladly there's a cafe in town that's got a pokestop right in the middle so it's nice to go there and farm for pokeballs while having a nice cup of coffee. :P

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Seems Niantic isn't caring for their Pokemon product as well as they should. I actually just watched a video where people are furious over the removal of the step system to track Pokemon and are demanding refunds for the game no longer acting how it was expected and originally did. It's rating has also plummeted from what I heard, too. I personally find the app fun and all (#TEAMMYSTIC!) but the fact my map thing can claim there is a Bulbasaur nearby and no such Pokemon appears... the fact Magmar was on the bottom row of my map today but somehow appeared right away... the fact I was tracking down a Bulbasaur on the map but an Ivysaur appeared instead that was nowhere shown on the nearby map feature... It's like basically I go outside with the app on and I have zero expectation of what I will see. Nothing on the nearby map thing pops up, and things NOT on the map appear instead. It's just rather frustrating, and yet kind of interesting as well to not know what you'll see. The Poke Balls missing thing is probably a permanent thing to make the game harder. I consider Pokemon Go the Safari Zone of Gen 1. Or Gen 1, period, where you could miss a Pokemon for no reason (glares at Snorlax. HOW?!!) Pokemon run, you throw bait. All it's missing are rocks to toss. It's also great to see customers in my store with it, and asking what team they're on and the reactions. I've even been walking with a friend and seen people step out of their buildings to call out that a Pokemon is in their store to help out those who don't have it. The community effort of the game is amazing. It really is pulling people together and the long walks no longer tire me out, lol. Just hope Niantic isn't going to ruin a good thing they have going.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I've been playing it since day one #TeamMystic. 91 Pokemon seen, 91 Pokemon caught.

Niantic really needs to step up and fix things (like the nearby Pokemon) but overall it's pretty good. I've walked close to 100km since the game came out that I wouldn't have otherwise so it's definitely getting me out more.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    I read an article that said that Niantic got rid of the Nearby step system for good cause they were the cause of a lot of server problems, I think? I don't know how accurate that article was. Some say that the step system will make a comeback in a future update and some say it's gone for good. I really hope they bring it back, it never worked for me and I'd like to be able to track 'em since they also got rid of Pokevision.
    They've got a REALLY good thing going on and I'm worried they might ruin it by not listening to the players.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 104 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 65 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 10 | Battle Requests: 1
    So. I just started, I ended up getting a new phone cuz the battery wasn't any good on the one I had. I had had it for about 4 years. So whatever. Went to Verizon transferred all my stuff; photos, contacts, etc., and sadly, downloaded Pokemon Go. I am currently level 6 as of this morning. I will be joining Team Mystic once I hit a Gym Spot. I am enjoying it. I seem to be better at throwing the pokeballs than my boyfriend, so I have a huge stock pile of them currently. I will not be spending any real money on the game. I do enjoying going to parks and walking around with him for the Pokestops. So the blisters on my feet are totally worth it right now. And since I joined late, I don't know that I'll truly be missing out on the 3-step glitch, so that's not a bother for me. I currently really do enjoy the game. It's something fun to do while being outside or when we go to our coffee shops (Cuz I LOVE coffee). So it's nice to get that extra bonus. I'm also currently hatching 1 egg to see what I get. So...who knows! xD I'm curious to try the Eevee thing, so I'll letcha know what happens!
    We are the ones, we are the Light. We take Control. We take the Time. If you believe you own the Night. You own the Night!" ~ Crash and Burn

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Been playing for a few weeks now, this update kinda messed up the gps for me and now I have tons of tracking problems

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Been playing for a few weeks now, this update kinda messed up the gps for me and now I have tons of tracking problems
    I heard this happened to some users and I've heard claims the effects of the update are different on different phones. My GPS started working much more accurately (I'm on Android), while I've read people with iphones complaining that their GPS can throw them around the map within a 5km radius.
    No wonder the Plus thing was delayed. This game is so broken.
    Last edited by UltraSound; 08-04-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Can't write, need coffee

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Just wanted to point out that Team Valor is spelled as Team "Valot". As for me, I do not have a good phone or anything to use for the game so weep weep. Either way, when I do get a phone I guess i'll join Instinct. I'm scared of Mystic and Valor. The rivalry scares me. e.e Though it probably is only on the internet, I still wouldn't want that 1% possibility of fighting against a Team Valor because if I were to choose one of the sides it'd be Mystic. But as of now I will just be rolling on the ground as I wait to get a replacement phone because the one I have is like so small I can barely type without having to correct my spelling 90% of the time.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvo Attano View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Team Valor is spelled as Team "Valot".
    Fixed!

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Apparently there's a new update to allow some kind of tracking.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough