View Poll Results: What should Rockruff's evolution's typing be?!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rock / Dark

5 55.56%
  • Rock / Fighting

2 22.22%
  • Rock / Ghost

2 22.22%
  • Rock / Fairy

0 0%

Thread: Rockruff's Secret Evolution Typing?!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8

Rockruff's Secret Evolution Typing?!

As you may know, the new 7th gen Pokemon Rockruff has brought a lot of speculation since it was first spotted in an early Sun & Moon trailer. Further more, this Pokemon and the starters seem to have a "secret" as Corocoro said. But we won't be able to hear more on the topic until the magazine's next release coming in the next couple of days. (The wait is killing me Dx)

Last month, CoroCoro said that this next issue would show a poster with Rockruff's evolution on it. Whether it's a silhouette or its full artwork, I really hope we get to actually see its evolution and that this isn't another prank from the magazine. Many leaks and bits of information have been popping up throughout the months regarding Rockruff's evo's typing or what it could be. That's why I have put together this poll with the top 4 most speculated typings this little puppy could turn into. "Why only 4?" you may ask, answer being because of the recent leaks and discussions of Rockruff's evolution being a werewolf Pokemon and the typing varying on which of the four islands of Alola it is left to evolve, as well as the rumors of the evolution varying on the 4 phases of the moon. Of course it could keep the pure Rock typing or have another type combination, but which of these type combos do you like the most? Or which one would you prefer Rockruff's evo turned out to be?

- - -

I myself believe the idea Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf-like Pokemon. Many people do in fact and they also expect it to turn into a Rock/Dark werewolf because they feel it would be the most "fitting" and "obvious." But Nintendo and GameFreak have proven in the past that they won't hesitate to improvise and do things differently from what is expected. That's why I don't think Rock/Dark will be correct for certain but we have to keep in mind the possibility of more than 1 evolution for Rockruff. I feel like Rock/Fighting would be a great typing for a werewolf Pokemon. Not only it is a uncommon typing but it would make sense a half human half wolf beast to be a great fighter, right? As for the Rock/Fairy typing, well, fairies are mythical creatures themselves and and so are werewolves. It could work.

Though the typing I like the most from this list is Rock/Ghost (who would have guessed xD). Biased-ness aside, there's myths of a werewolf-like creature named Kaupe who is a malevolent spirit from Hawaii that calls out to people at night to lure them to their deaths. I am no Nintendo and/or GameFreak worker to confirm or debunk any leaks or theories out there, but if there were to be a werewolf Pokemon from a Hawaii-based region of the Pokemon world, I'd say that the Kaupe would serve as pretty good inspiration. Rock/Ghost is actually an unique type combination that no other Pokemon has yet so Rockruff's evolution being the first one wouldn't be too bad lol. (Can Rockruff's evolution be Rock/Ghost with Solid Rock ability pls? I am dying I swear)

If you have any other typing ideas and thoughts, share them in a comment!
    Last edited by Ash; 09-11-2016 at 05:21 PM.

"Just because you come from a scary family doesn't mean you have to be scary too."
    Muriel, Courage The Cowardly Dog

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    I'm going with the whole Werewolf evolution. So I could see it being either Rock/Fighting or Rock/Dark. Though I'd really love a Rock/Ghost mon I'm just not sure if it'll suit Rockruff? Though it's Gamefreak so it could be whatever lol.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Dark makes the most sense to me, but GF are jumping to genius status, especially this coming gen, with typings so who knows what they have set up
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 8
    What do you guys think of the rumors on its method of evolution?

I'd like to believe that there're 4 cliffs in Alola in which you can leave your Rockruff to evolve but that the geographic location does not affect the evolution. I like the moon phases theory more and seeing how much detail into scenery the producers have put into Sun & Moon, I could actually see this happening.

"Just because you come from a scary family doesn't mean you have to be scary too."
    Muriel, Courage The Cowardly Dog

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    I don't think it's going to be any of these but if I had to pick I'd say rock dark

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Moon phase sound ok but I also kinda don't like the idea? Sounds like a bit too much to be thinking about and doing so I personally don't think that'll be it.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough