Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Mythical/Legendary Giveaway

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Event #3: has ended!
    Last edited by S.A. Natsu; 01-16-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 103 | Offers: 71 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 49 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    5 things I loved were the new pokemon, the several different islands, the ride pokemon (no more annoying hms), poke pelago and the new island trials.

5 things I hated were that there was no pc in festival plaza (it was really annoying I had to disconnect and reconnect to the internet to move pokemon), sos battles (especially when they never stop calling for help), z moves (to complicated for status moves), festival plaza itself (I prefer pss), and the fact you cannot catch all pokemon in the game without trading and using pokebank.
    Last edited by Sara13512; 01-01-2017 at 07:13 PM.
    Add me: 2380-4098-6089 IGN: Laura
    Electric safari: pachirisu, luxio, helioptile
    Battle: Charizard, Magmortar, Gliscor, Slaking, Gallade, Bastiodon

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara13512 View Post
    Not sure if I'm supposed to apply for pokemon here, but I'll apply for hasty genesect, bold volcanion, and impish hoopa. Are we supposed to choose our two pokemon from last round here as well?
    See this;

Quote Originally Posted by CGBM View Post
    Also, like last time, do NOT list the legendary Pokemon you want from me! That will be discussed in PMs!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 6 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Oh boy.

5 things I've hated in Sun/Moon~
    1.) There's no more PSS and it's too hard to try to get some random person to trade with you in the plaza, which sucks for me because I love randomly trading with people, so I was really upset about that and still kinda am.
    2.) this one may be hard for me to explain but in Sun I've only seen clothing colored with yellows/oranges/reds/colors like those, and i have a friend who plays Moon who gets colors like Blues/purples and colors like those. It's something I hate because maybe I wanted to wear some purple or blue clothes while playing Sun.
    3.) There isn't some sort of PC at the plaza, so when I'm hatching eggs and only have one poke in my party and that poke just so happens to be what I'm about to trade off to someone but I forgot to move it then I have to quit the trade, disconnect from the internet, leave the plaza, get to a pokemon center, move my poke, go back to the plaza, connect to the internet then try and trade again. Hope that made sense but it's happened to me multiple times.
    4.) The whole way the link trades are set up, you don't get any notifications about when someone is trying to trade with you if you are also trying to get someone else to trade with you. Which is pretty annoying when I accidently miss trade requests.
    5.) the game legit lags like I've never seen a POKEMON game lag whenever there's more than two pokes on screen in a battle. I've been tild this is because I use an older 3ds but come on still.

5 things I love about Sun and Moon~
    1.) The ride POKEMON! These things legit are my life, so much better than hms
    2.) SOS battles! This actually will make shiny hunting a bit easier for me
    3.) All the new POKEMON because most look really pretty or cool
    4.) the option to use the POKEMON refresh thing after battles, I know gen 6 has something similar but I never thought to use it until now because after almost every battle I can take care of my pokes, which benefits me greatly
    5.) There's a lot more hair options, and lipstick options, and clothing options, and all that stuff which is nice because I feel like I can really personalize my trainer a lot more than I could in Gen 6.
    I am Kiyomi on Sun, Asuna on X, Ruby on HG and Cass/Max on White/Black // I'm always looking for trades

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Likes: 1. Z moves were interesting. They weren't as OP as we thought and require quite some skill to pull off.
    2. The story/characters. not the usual destroy the planet/universe tale. All the characters were full of life, even the normal NPCs that had no effect on the story. Interacting with your mom during the story, the dancing at the end of the game, this was an extremely detailed game that made it feel very real. Rotom, arguably the funniest character in any Pokémon game ever. And post game added a lot to the lore that I am sure will be added to future games.
    3. I like that their was more of a challenge later in the game. I wish it had been earlier but better late than ever.
    4. i look forward to what we learn about ultra beasts in the future. A fun addition to the universe.
    5. Zygarde. Unlike necrozma, who is random and has no role but looks super cool and has intriguing mystery to it, Zygarde debuted randomly with no role but was sadly boring and uninteresting. While not the big role I had hoped for in Alola, carrying Dogarde with me and going 100% in a crisis definitely is a plus for me.

1. SOS battling. WORST feature. The end.
    2. The Alola region was way too big. I can be running through open plains for a good two minutes and there's nothing to do there. It's just big for no reason. Some of the routes and areas coulda been a lot smaller. It just felt like filler space to waste time running in.
    3. Hau. I think he needs to be in Kalos with that... friendly "personality." At Least there was only one of him instead of four like in XY.
    4. Trials. They weren't BAD.... just coulda been so much more. A lot were noting more than regular Pokémon trainer battles, and others were just fighting wild Pokémon. I woulda liked if maybe in trials you do real tasks. Maybe the A button makes you jump and B makes you throw and you can actually use the character themself to accomplish a goal. Just something more engaging than basically just battles. Kia we and the ghost girl and Sophocles had cool ideas but it coulda been more.
    5. The Type telling crap. 6 gens without it. Why do we need it now?? Just makes things too easy. It helped me sometimes honestly but I'm not happy with that. The learning was part of the fun.

- - - Updated - - -

@Asuna
    You had some good ones! The lagging is not cuz of your DS. I have the same issues, regardless how many Pokémon are on field. Definitely a bad thing. Can't believe I forgot that lol
    Last edited by S.A. Natsu; 01-01-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Trail 4 has ended!
    Last edited by S.A. Natsu; 01-20-2017 at 10:40 PM.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    And this concludes part 5!
    Last edited by S.A. Natsu; 02-03-2017 at 10:02 PM.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 56 | Offers: 90 | Wishlist Items: 45 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CGBM View Post
    As this event draws to a close both in opportunity to win as well as, apparently, interest in the remaining legends, we shall speed ahead to #5.

The winners of this run will receive FOUR legends of your choice from the list below, and previous winners are welcome to participate as well! To win, just post below your thoughts on this:

Is the Rotom Dex made up? Compared to all the other region dexes, the Alolan dex has some astounding, hilarious, and terrifying dex data for the Pokemon. In Hawaiian culture it's not uncommon to find many wild mythology and sayings. Even NPCs say little quotes like: leaving an open window allows night to creep in which puts people to sleep. Just little nature quotes and things I noticed in the game that I think is inspired by actual Hawaii and the people there. So could the Dex also be a little too influenced by that and be a bunch of myths? Even the normal Pokedexes have their own questionable data but this region seems to push it a bit. Or, perhaps because it's a Rotom Dex, Rotom is just telling lies and pulling pranks like most all Ghosts do. What do you think?

And as always do not post what legend you want! This will be decided via PM! This one will go until February 1st.

Available Event Pokemon are:

x1 Victini: Natures are Lonely or Gentle

Unlimited: Phione

x12 Keldeo: Natures are Calm, Docile, Hardy, Quiet, Quirky, Relaxed, Lonely, Careful, Sassy

x2 Virizion: Nature Docile, Naughty

x1 Terrakion: Calm

x7 Genesect: Natures Hardy, Bashful, Gentle, naughty, Serious, Hasty

x1 Uxie: Nature Naughty or Docile

x3 Zygarde: Natures Careful, Naive and Relaxed

x1 Moltres: Nature Lax or Rash

x3 Volcanion: Natures Impish, Serious, Docile,

x14 Arceus: Natures Jolly, Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Naive, Impish, Lax, Brave

x12 Meloetta: Natures Rash, Timid, Quiet, Jolly, Bashful, Sassy, Naive, Careful, Gentle, Impish, Relaxed, Brave

x1 Deoxys: Nature Hardy

x1 Mewtwo: Nature Careful

This list is subject to increase or decrease, and, if anyone is willing to donate to this season's cause to me, let me know below and I can guarantee you those donated Pokemon will go to a winner of this giveaway, so, just comment below if you want to give the free Pokemon away yourself to someone! Again, read the rules carefully, do not break them in any way, and a win is nearly assured to you! These contests will hold MULTIPLE winners so do comment below and the winners will be announced in the following days.
    can i have the volcanion pls?
    shiny collector.
    feel free to check my rareball pokemon shop:
    https://www.pokebay.com/forums/showt...hop&highlight=

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by mimispider2004 View Post
    can i have the volcanion pls?
    no.

1. It very clearly states what you need to post if you want a legendary Pokemon.

2. It is in bold and very clearly states to NOT POST WHAT LEGEND YOU WANT.

Anyone else participating in this giveaway, take note to NOT do what mimispider2004 did. Thanks and have fun! *teleports*

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    I think the rotom just makes everything up, or maybe it's us the player who writes the dex entries since we are the ones supposed to complete the dex

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think the rotom just makes everything up, or maybe it's us the player who writes the dex entries since we are the ones supposed to complete the dex
    how would we, the player, know the weight and height and insane data of legendary and otherwise hard to find pokemon...? e-e

I personally think the dex is exaggerated for comedic effect that would fit in Hawaiian like standings. I think it was done on purpose.
    Last edited by S.A. Natsu; 01-21-2017 at 12:13 AM.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    (Sorry for my bad english) I don't have SM, for me, Rotom is a prankster, and that will never change.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    I mean that the player character writes down what he or she thinks about the pokemon and thats why the dex entries are so weird

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I mean that the player character writes down what he or she thinks about the pokemon and thats why the dex entries are so weird
    >.> no yoda. On so many different levels, for so many different reasons. No. <.<
    Last edited by S.A. Natsu; 01-21-2017 at 01:08 AM.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 106 | Offers: 185 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hmm... Wouldn't be surprised if Rotom does make some things up - though it's not a bad thing since I did find a lot of the entries quite funny xD I liked the little references to Hawaiian culture, it makes it more interesting ~