Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good movies thread?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16

Good movies thread?

Well since we already have a bad movies thread lets have a good one too.

I'll start us off, I recently saw the musical la la land, most of you are probably saying man I hate musicals, well you're right to hate them cause most suck but this one was just amazing, good songs good story and it just had an all around good feeling.

So if anyone else has a movie they'd like to share, join in or just tell me how horrible my taste in movies are
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-31-2017 at 11:40 PM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    The Butterfly Effect. Timeless classic. I can watch that forever. Also, I'd throw in Atonement. Long, a lot of talking, but worth it for the end.

And yes yoda your movies suck #10CL kbai
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    I've heard nothing but good about La la land and I love musicals so that's def on my list of movies to watch.

I've also heard about The Butterfly Effect and the name intrigues me, but is there any like, super specific reason as to why I should watch it? I have no idea what theme the movie has or anything, really.

I LOVE the movie King's Speech. Going to rewatch it for the millionth time right now actually. It deals with such an interesting topic that I haven't seen in a movie before, plus it's based on true events, making it double interesting. And of course one of my favourite actors is in it, so, triple the awesome :P

I know musicals are a very specific taste and the music style in this movie doesn't fit many people, but I really suggest seeing Hairspray. That's another movie that starts with a super basic and seen-it-a-thousand-times-before storyline but takes a turn to take a stand on a social issue we still suffer from today, even though the movie itself is based on the year 1962. Hairspray is the sixth highest grossing musical film in US cinema history (thank you wikipedia) so in my opinion, if you enjoy musicals even a little, this is worth a watch. I love the movie because it managed to be both funny but also tackle a very difficult issue in a mature manner, plus whenever I feel like I need some chipper tunes, I can always put on the Hairspray soundtrack.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Butterfly effect is one of my favorite movies ever

And I'll admit I've seen hairspray a few times, never watched the kings speach heard good things though

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 56 | Offers: 90 | Wishlist Items: 45 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i like comedies a lot, so i would say the pink panther. now i dont remember exactly which one i watched, but it was one from 2006 and it was hillarious
    shiny collector.
    feel free to check my rareball pokemon shop:
    https://www.pokebay.com/forums/showt...hop&highlight=

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    It's A movie about consequences basically. Just as the real butterfly effect works that a butterfly's wings could trigger a tornado halfway across the world, the main character finds a way to go back in time to fix his life's wrongs and the results lead to less than desirable, often worse consequences. It's such a huge movie about life and perfectly acted.

Now that I think about it it reminds me slightly of a comedy called Click. Almost the same plot. Guys remote allows him to mess with time and ends up ruining things. Near the end was so sad and emotional.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Click is another good movie like that, another one like that is bruce almighty

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Click is another good movie like that, another one like that is bruce almighty
    Ah Bruce almighty was excellent

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by CGBM View Post
    Ah Bruce almighty was excellent
    Does that mean I have good taste now? >_>

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Does that mean I have good taste now? >_>
    *remembers #10CL*

No <.<

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's A movie about consequences basically. Just as the real butterfly effect works that a butterfly's wings could trigger a tornado halfway across the world, the main character finds a way to go back in time to fix his life's wrongs and the results lead to less than desirable, often worse consequences. It's such a huge movie about life and perfectly acted.

Now that I think about it it reminds me slightly of a comedy called Click. Almost the same plot. Guys remote allows him to mess with time and ends up ruining things. Near the end was so sad and emotional.
    So...it's like Life is Strange, but in a movie form and with less slightly cringy teen speak? I gotta see it then!

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    So...it's like Life is Strange, but in a movie form and with less slightly cringy teen speak? I gotta see it then!
    It's way better than life is strange

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Never seen Life Is Strange but if Yodamore is actually right for once and Butterfly Effect is even better, than you definitely NEED to see it.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Never seen Life Is Strange but if Yodamore is actually right for once and Butterfly Effect is even better, than you definitely NEED to see it.
    >2017
    >assuming Yoda is right
    You've changed man. You've changed.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    >2017
    >assuming Yoda is right
    You've changed man. You've changed.
    Hey I thought you were on my side >_>