Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia [Saffron City Heist Edition] - Sign up!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6

Pokemon Mafia [Saffron City Heist Edition] - Sign up!

Saffron City is once again under siege. Team Rocket has resurfaced, more cunning and brutal than ever! They have infiltrated the Silph Co. building and now hide among us, posing as regular Pokemon trainers. If they defeat you, they will steal your Pokemon. Who is brave enough to stand up to them and who can be trusted?

The basic idea of the game is similar to that of Mafia, only no one really dies, but rather the trainers lose their Pokemon and are KO'd (thus no longer able to be a trainer and are eliminated from the game). Team Rocket (the mafia) are trying to steal trainers' Pokemon while also deceiving them so they won't be lynched by the public in a vote out.

Most trainers will also be assigned a type as explained in the following comment.

For this game I will need at least 15 willing participants who can dedicate a small amount of their time each day for roughly a week and half, maybe 2 weeks. The game will probably commence early next week if enough people have signed on and preparations are complete.
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 07-16-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Poison Type Veteran

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Main Roles:

Team Rocket (TR):

1. The Boss: As the leader of TR, you have the power to "KO" one trainer a night. You do not have a type and can only be defeated by the champion or voted out.

2. The Executive: As the Exec. you are also able to "KO" a trainer. You may also change your type from one of the "starting types" once a night. However, should you try to defeat a trainer that has a type advantage over you or the champion, you will be eliminated.

3. Pokemon Hunter: Once per night you can identify type and role (if applicable) of one player. If you happen to choose the Looker, his/her role will not be revealed and they will be classed as a trainer + type.

4. Rocket Grunt: The grunt has no particular power other than posing as a trainer and trying to cause confusion among trainers.

-There is only one of each TR roles. However, it works as a rank system. For example, if the first Boss is eliminated then the Executive will take his/her spot, the Hunter will take Exec spot and the grunt will be promoted to hunter. This is a repetitive system and will continue so that all the higher positions are filled.

-TR members will be informed of their roles and of the other members of TR prior to DAY 1. They may only communicate at NIGHT time through pm's.

-If the Exec chooses a target, they will be eliminated, unless they are at a type disadvantage or challenge the champion. If there is no type advantage involved (eg. water vs ice), the target is still eliminated.

-As part of their abilities, instead of each lynching a player, the Boss and Exec can tag team to target one player specifically. Although this reduces the amount of people they can attempt to eliminate that night, the up side is that their target is guaranteed to be eliminated, including the Champion! Nurse Joy and Abra are the only things that can save the target.

Pokemon Trainers:

Champion: The Champion being the level headed (and slightly gullible) trainer he/she is cannot challenge anyone to a battle. However, anyone attempting to challenge them will be eliminated. Can only be eliminated by vote out or when double teamed by TR.

Karate Master: This fist pumping master is willing to save his city at any cost. Can challenge a person once a night. Will be defeated if they challenge the champion, TR Boss or a trainer/Rocket member with a type advantage. Always fighting type.

Looker Similar to the Pokemon Hunter, Looker can reveal the type and role (if any) of one person per night. If you happen to choose the Pokemon Hunter, their identity will be hidden as a trainer and you will only be given their type.

Psychic: Can communicate with one eliminated member per night as to ask who they were killed by. However, Ghosts don't always tell the truth. Always has psychic type.

Nurse Joy: Can choose one person to heal their party if they are attacked(in other words, that player will survive that night if they were defeated in battle). If he/she chooses a person inflicted by a status from a wild Pokemon, they will also be cured of that status. Does not have a type and if challenged to battle will be instantly defeated.

Trainer x6: Each trainer will be assigned a type from one of the following: (Grass, Fire, Water, Ground, Ice and Rock). These will not be changeable unless they have a Pokemon that can do so. They cannot challenge anyone. Much like the TR grunt, their main function is to publicly discuss and work out who the TR members are.

Pokemon Gifts

From the start of the first day, each of the trainers with no roles will be given a Pokemon at random from the list bellow (provided they're still alive). Only one Pokemon will be given a day to one random trainer. Each Pokemon will have a special effect, but can only be used once before it "returns to the wild".

Abra Trainer can use this to teleport from a battle. eg If they're about to be attacked they flee to safely and survive that attack and do not get lynched.

Haunter If you get lynched, you take your opponent down with you.

Kecleon This allows you to change your type to one of the other 5 "starting types" permanently.

Clefairy With Clefairy, you may choose another for you to fall in love with (gender doesn't matter cause we're in the 21st century, yo!) If either of you get eliminated, the other is also eliminated by default from a broken heart </3

-Abra and Haunter stay with the trainer until they have been (attempted to) be lynched.
    -Kecleon and Clefairy's effect can be used and DAY the owner chooses.

Wild Pokemon:

No matter how hard we try, there are just some Pokemon that neither trainers nor TR members can catch. Not only that, but these 3 wild Pokemon aren't too happy with all this commotion. They cannot be caught and if you run into one, they're going to make your day very difficult.

Jigglypuff: If you encounter a jigglypuff, she's sure to put you to sleep with her sweet sweet melody. Unfortunately for you, you will not be able to comment on the discussion/vote thread for that day which will make you look very suspicious. You may still murmur your vote in your sleep, but cannot justify it.

Electabuzz: You don't wanna mess with this guy or he'll leave you paralyzed, leaving you unable to vote.

Jynx: FREEZE! ... Literally <.<. This only applies if you have a role or a gift Pokemon. You cannot instigate a battle or use your role ability/abilities/Pokemon that night... Unless Nurse Joy cures you. [Nurse Joy is not affected by this]. This also stunts the Boss/Champion's type immunity, meaning if they are challenged by a TR member or Karate Master respectively, they will be eliminated.
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 07-21-2014 at 10:50 PM.
    Poison Type Veteran

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Count me in

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I wanna play! :] This will be interesting!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 1
    Lemme get a shot at this

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm in.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This sounds wonderful! I wanna play

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Oh, I'd like to play too.
    The souls did from their bodies fly, - They fled to bliss or woe!

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Okay, I've listed my current ideas for roles and Pokemon extras. For this to work though, I need at least 15 interested (and somewhat dedicated) participants. I have 6 so far. If interested just leave a message
    Poison Type Veteran

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Sign me up.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'll join. I've been watching the other mafia game and it looks interesting.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I wouldn't mind being in it.
    May 6th 2013. <3. Always!

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm so in!
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8408-THE-OFFICIAL-POKEBAY-LEAGUE
    Do you have what it takes to conquer the Pokebay League?

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Sorry, I'm not going to participate anymore since my free time is getting quite limited.

Good luck guys.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Hey guys! Since the other mafia game is drawing to a close I'd like to get this game started ASAP. I've finished, but not finalized the new roles, rules and Pokemon as seen in the second comment of this thread. If you think some roles are too OP or something just doesn't add up, please let me know! (especially if you know the game well)

As for the game itself, I ideally need 6 more people to begin so if you think you know someone that might be interested then spread the word.

I'm hoping to get things ready over the weekend and maybe start by Monday or Tuesday if all goes to plan.

Best of luck to all,
    Robin.
    Poison Type Veteran